Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,783
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
On another hand, I feel like it will be better if we just stick with the flying boom method to cut back development times and reduce complexity as well.
I heard that they stick with boom in the end. Except Indonesia want to pay more which is highly unlikely.

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I heard that they stick with boom in the end. Except Indonesia want to pay more which is highly unlikely.
but is it possible that they redesign the plane make it like KC10??
it have both boom and probe systems

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Here it is guys....it's not surprising but sayonara Sukhoi?

Today bang Roni dump some interesting informations although maybe some of us already know some of it
YAAAYYY its about time we're getting rid of our Sukhoi fleet along with the Hawk 100. Thus, the operating budget could be allocated for newer fleet

There are too many variables to count to in this case. To be honest I still doubt about the continuation of F15ID when are still pursuing IFX & Rafale. Tho the previous blue print is for Kupang (new fighters) & Sorong (any avaiable fighters) it can still be changed considering the 14th SQA now fill with F16. The 14th was meant to be filled with Heavy Fighters with a large coverage area, so I am not sure if those F16 are on a temp status or not.

I personally wanted to see if those A300 mrtt is going to be executed, if it becomes reality then the need for heavy fighters is lessen with the coming of air tankers.

As for Suokhoi lets see what kind of fighters we have in 2030, taking into account the geopolitics condition on that year we will then see what comes next. Until then the Rafale will keep on pouring until 2030 unless the new govt replace the plan...
Covering large area over water require longer range fighter (heavy fighter) for interception / air superiority role. While tanker only needed for getting from point A to point B (not for supporting interception role)

On one hand, this is good news since that means after Su-27/30 retirement, Rafale won't be the only frontline fighter type in the TNI-AU service that uses the probe & drogue method.

On another hand, I feel like it will be better if we just stick with the flying boom method to cut back development times and reduce complexity as well.
Unlike probe & drogue, flying boom can only refuel a single plane at a time

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Regarding Hawk and Su 27/30 issue, me has been said it long time ago. There is also plan for further more T/50 i in near future beside the other six already ordered back then. They are more robust and versatile in more roles compared to subsonic hawk.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Poseidon? Can't we bring in Kawasaki P-1 and C-2?

Well the plan is to let Indonesian GMF and IA (PT DI) to get offset from the buy, as Poseidon is based on Boeing 737 Dash 800 in which GMF already hold heavy MRO rating certification for this type aircraft and that's including engine overhaul. From the Airforce points of view itself, they already operated Boeing 737 Dash 400 in which the complexity of maintenance management and logistic foot print can be reduced

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
more realistic if we stick to rafale, IFX, FA 50, from US just bring another Herky J, AWACS n Poseidon

F15 EX still would taking place in Indonesia Air Force especially for guarding vast area of Eastern region.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,783
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'm in Madiun now and flights of F16 did a very low pass with AB on, right over my Hotel just few minutes ago.

Dirgahayu TNI...

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'm in Madiun now and flights of F16 did a very low pass with AB on, right over my Hotel just few minutes ago.

Dirgahayu TNI...
Same thing, different plane and different vibes.

6 Wong Bee flew over me, its feel like you're in the middle of WW2 battle.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,783
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indonesia will pay $6 million by next week and are planning to pay $33 million over the course of next year.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
311046545_5152728491502119_6581061580672727939_n.jpg
310268664_5152728424835459_5829459002124318048_n.jpg