Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Note their AX308 sniper rifle and Sword model Day and Night thermal scope
184312060_3636548323120151_6169413099124123111_n.jpg
183927306_3636548373120146_3206168435883227372_n.jpg
184235879_3636548333120150_7751149330970908147_n.jpg

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
hmm, i do wonder why they didn't use on 416 like their army and navy counterpart.
Different operational requirement. Unless there is a need for going into wet / salty water, muddy, sandy environment there is no need for any overprice HK

Captain Wales

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Different operational requirement. Unless there is a need for going into wet / salty water, muddy, sandy environment there is no need for any overprice HK
sig 516 and hk416 had roughly the same price and capability seeing that SIG 516 is an evolution of HK 416.

edit: i just realize that the air force preference on SIG weapon system seeing from their recent purchases.
talking about 416 evolution, there's a news recently that caracal and pindad working together on "joint production" of CAR 816 for our special forces, i hope that goes somewhere and become basic standard issue rifle for all our specialized/SF unit.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
talking about 416 evolution, there's a news recently that caracal and pindad working together on "joint production" of CAR 816 for our special forces, i hope that goes somewhere and become basic standard issue rifle for all our specialized/SF unit.
Ain't going to happen outside SF. Its going to look very bad for our politician if they ditch Pindad SS2 in favour of foreign brand weapon

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ain't going to happen outside SF. Its going to look very bad for our politician if they ditch Pindad SS2 in favour of foreign brand weapon

Though the nature of every SF groups is they would use every kind of new novelty in the world instead of regular meals like regular units

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,100
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Or more agm65
AGM-65 have less than half the 100km stated range. The only thing that comes in my mind for a 100km+ AGM missile for a western sourced jets is the Harpoon or the AGM-88s. I'm not sure we had any interest for this.

Anti radiaton missile perhaps ? 🤔
Cud be
The words are more about the "aircraft" itself not about acquisition of new missiles. It's more about modernizing "the aircraft that enabled that certain capabilities" for me.
Ah yes, I misread.

But still it should be abt the Flankers since our Falcons don't currently have munitions able to target 100km+ range stated.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,783
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
AGM-65 have less than half the 100km stated range. The only thing that comes in my mind for a 100km+ AGM missile for a western sourced jets is the Harpoon or the AGM-88s. I'm not sure we had any interest for this.

Cud be

Ah yes, I misread.

But still it should be abt the Flankers since our Falcons don't currently have munitions able to target 100km+ range stated.
But how about CAATSA?

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,366
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Cud be

Ah yes, I misread.

F-16 also have an option for long range AGM though , there are JSM or turkish SOM .

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,100
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
F-16 also have an option for long range AGM though , there are JSM or turkish SOM .
I know, but do we ever shown any interest whatsoever?

Imo the most possible 100km+ munitions for our F-16s is those I mentioned.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But how about CAATSA?
If that really about upgrading Sukhoi, I'm sure that will be done by non-Russian companies. Our government surely not that stupid to take suicidal step to doing business (military) with Russia, whatever like it or not we need US.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom