Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Seems PT Pindad acts as Excalibur reseller here, maybe they can delivered it by apps and one can ordered and paid it by OVO or Gopay

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We don’t need Batmobile.
That body design is unnecessary!
beside becoming excalibur army reseller , they decide to become canadian buggy reseller too
1607451064459.png

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
beside becoming excalibur army reseller , they decide to become canadian buggy reseller too View attachment 8183

That's why PINDAD almost never going red financially, they are one of the most opportunistic SoE in Indonesia, even when they are starting from very low base actually after reformation era. I am still remember they are taking order from KAI for train and railway system sparepart and handle LPG tubes and stove set program during Jusuf Kalla and SBY era

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,172
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This may sound strange to you, but Woodland DPM is very effective for daylight, more so if it's raining. As long, it's not up against NIR optic, Woodland DPM is a very effective pattern. Furthermore, NIR / IRR treated fabric came with their own complication. For example (personal experience) I've spent about Rp 150k to wash my NIR treated backpack (35l+ capacity backpack). I've sold the backpack afterward (it still has effective NIR treatment) and bought a new one with plain olive drab colour
Nah ... I get it too . In some special occasion DPM do get the cake . Especially when they were wetted and weared . It's the NIR treatment that make the difference here . SAMAR was wholly designed to cope with the 21st century challenges while DPM is not

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,172
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We barely have enough funds to properly distribute the digital NKRI camo, I doubt we're going to shift into new camo anytime soon. Although I'd love to see more widespread use of SAMAR.
I guess that they would find some compromise in between . I just don't know how . Because even the old guard are starting to see the new concept with a different light now and NIR treatment offered by SAMAR in this digital age were a different ball park alltogether .

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I guess that they would find some compromise in between . I just don't know how . Because even the old guard are starting to see the new concept with a different light now and NIR treatment offered by SAMAR in this digital age were a different ball park alltogether .

Depends on threat perception then, to handle low intensity conflict or rioters one doesn't such hihgly valued BDU, but to handle high profile jobs or indicated their opponent in possession of such equipment one need to be equipped with such BDU.

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yeah, I'm sure, especially after the AAR from the recent JOINTEX with the U.S. army highlighted plenty of the shortcomings with our individual equipment. In fact, I saw in one of the video clips during the domestic portion of the exercise, one of the high brass inquiring about the dump pouch of the U.S guys LOL. Hopefully, this means their eyes are starting to open up, so to speak, when it comes to individual equipment.

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Depends on threat perception then, to handle low intensity conflict or rioters one doesn't such hihgly valued BDU, but to handle high profile jobs or indicated their opponent in possession of such equipment one need to be equipped with such BDU.
I agree. My realistic hope is that at least all personnel from KOSTRAD and above are at least given access to these kinds of stuff.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I agree. My realistic hope is that at least all personnel from KOSTRAD and above are at least given access to these kinds of stuff.

Should be stored at armory and for usual stuff like routine training and patrol just use your DPM , but when do specialized training under such scenario they can use NIR treated clothes

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Credit to original owner

Bell 412EPI TNI AD with Dillon Aero gatling gun at PT DI assembly line

EonjpZtUwAEW703.jpeg

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I saw in one of the video clips during the domestic portion of the exercise, one of the high brass inquiring about the dump pouch of the U.S guys
WHAAAA...?! I'm aware that our military brass are mostly old fashion old guard type, but they actually don't know about dump pouch? And I thought my privately bought & owned gears were bad. And, yet I had worn dump pouch, hydration bladder, NIR treated backpack, other PALS / MOLLE compatible pouches since around 2014

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,172
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
WHAAAA...?! I'm aware that our military brass are mostly old fashion old guard type, but they actually don't know about dump pouch? And I thought my privately bought & owned gears were bad. And, yet I had worn dump pouch, hydration bladder, NIR treated backpack, other PALS / MOLLE compatible pouches since around 2014
Wellcome to our beloved +62 ... 😀
FB_IMG_1607488269651.jpg

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Honestly I'm a bit suspicious about Dillon Aero gatling gun procurement, as local industry (Komodo Armament) could make a gun of the same type.

As far as i know, Komodo Armaments still doesn't put their Gatling gun to be certified by PUSLAIK KEMHAN for usage. CMIIW

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,172
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Honestly I'm a bit suspicious about Dillon Aero gatling gun procurement, as local industry (Komodo Armament) could make a gun of the same type.
Komodo stil hasn't a chance to proves themselves . That is why ....

Kafkaesque

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia

One of the veteran told me that during the guerilla war (War of Independence), after battle kids will scour the battlefield to pick up used magazines and other stuff that could be handy.

So there is that..

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wellcome to our beloved +62 ... 😀 View attachment 8219
But I share common love for the AP Boots though. Its seriously work well in jungle environment. And from what I was told Brazilian army also wear PVC boots for jungle environment. The American are baffled when they see u's Indonesian or Brazilian wearing those PVC boots.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom