Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Mayybeee? In terms of hulls and tonnage(including the other project that is still unconfirmed), but how about cost/budget?

The only confirmed project is FREMM and the other is still uncertain, we can only speculate.

This 08 is quite sneaky and stealthty when conducting negotiation and signed contract deals, we can only traced something from the various sources about his and team activity. Just like how can no major local media can get the wind when MoD already signed contract deals with DRU for OPV 90 and voila the team OPV 90 already testing the design at BPPT and ready to commence production soon.

Or when he is already contacting Germany and Turkey consulting group for variant Itver Huitveld class design, in which not many major media Made a fuss about it. What i know, he is knowing in fully about political situation in Indonesia and Made less possible waves about major arms contract deals to pursue his and his team goals.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is the first time I hear about it.

In strategic industry thread there is video of already tested OPV 90 design at BPPT facilities, and DRU boss is there along with OPV 90 team from Navy and MoD

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,561
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This 08 is quite sneaky and stealthty when conducting negotiation and signed contract deals, we can only traced something from the various sources about his and team activity. Just like how can no major local media can get the wind when MoD already signed contract deals with DRU for OPV 90 and voila the team OPV 90 already testing the design at BPPT and ready to commence production soon.

Or when he is already contacting Germany and Turkey consulting group for variant Itver Huitveld class design, in which not many major media Made a fuss about it. What i know, he is knowing in fully about political situation in Indonesia and Made less possible waves about major arms contract deals to pursue his and his team goals.
This one?

Is this even a legit video made by DRU?

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,561
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
In strategic industry thread there is video of already tested OPV 90 design at BPPT facilities, and DRU boss is there along with OPV 90 team from Navy and MoD
I rarely check that place.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I rarely check that place.

Those OPV is more ideal platform to replace the Parchim class, though i heard they would prioritized those "Large Frigates" first and only ordered some in small number between 2020-2024

Btw i am quite surprised 08 as former Army poster child during his active days in service, giving more priority toward Air Force and Navy assets. And this by very large margin

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,561
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Those OPV is more ideal platform to replace the Parchim class
Definitely a better platform for patrol compared to Parchim.
Btw i am quite surprised 08 as former Army poster child during his active days in service, giving more priority toward Air Force and Navy assets. And this by very large margin
Because TNI AD tank can't swim in the ocean to patrol North Natuna Sea.

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Mayybeee? In terms of hulls and tonnage(including the other project that is still unconfirmed), but how about cost/budget?

The only confirmed project is FREMM and the other is still uncertain, we can only speculate.
Hence the "If" in my statements, and that's a big if too. However, I can't help to feel optimistic gauging from the reaction of the general population on the Kemenhan Rp 1,700 trillion shopping budget, which was generally positive I thought (as in there's no major backlash). So hopefully things will still be able to move forward.

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I hope so, we are too have many drawback the most severe ones is budget availability, second is curve time of PT PAL and other local shipyard to build complex warships still untested (this including production management, logistic management and legal procedure to proceed such complex projects) not included other factor like pandemic situation and potential conflict in South China Sea.

The existence of major surface combatant warships like FREMM, Itver Huitveld class, Mogami class and OPV 90 would alleviate severe imbalance between Indonesia and a distinct Country from the North
I hope so too. Ideally, simultaneously we should keep "spamming" those OPV 80M and the Tanjung Datu for Bakamla. Depending on the development in SCS and the urgency surrounding ut, we may have to compromise and pick our priority, whether we want more hull at a slightly faster rate or let PAL take their time absorbs the knowledge transfer at their predetermine timeframe.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I hope so too. Ideally, simultaneously we should keep "spamming" those OPV 80M and the Tanjung Datu for Bakamla. Depending on the development in SCS and the urgency surrounding ut, we may have to compromise and pick our priority, whether we want more hull at a slightly faster rate or let PAL take their time absorbs the knowledge transfer at their predetermine timeframe.
Let the second tiered shipyard lake DRU and the like to churn up the 110 m downward OPV class . while keep close supervision on PAL for the upcoming ( ?? ) frigate program so for once at least they could build something within the allocated timeframe and budget .
We still have some time ....

🙄🙄

Captain Wales

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'd even say we could match or slightly pass RAN if the projects are able to be executed in time and on budget. As things stand, several RAN major project is at risk of overtime and over budget (last I heard the CEAFAR is still too heavy for Type 26, and the Attack class sub still haven't left the drawing board)
what make them different with us is that their program is the establishment of their own supply chain in their own country, they sub-contract their parts into their own company instead using the original contractor from French / Britain.
while we mostly using parts from the origin country and assemble them here.

their also need to make (major) modification to suit their need while we just buying off the shelf and hoping got some ToT from that.

also the advantage of using a design that haven't left the drawing board that they can help (and learn) in designing a ship/submarine, they going to got a lot of know how on that area, compare using already mature design.
let say that while our program going to be cheaper and faster their going to be expensive but got a lot of knowledge in design and manufacturing.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,462
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Speaking about our North. They've just commissioned the 20th Type 052DL DDG, by next year all 25 type 052D/DL DDG will be in service. Consider that they spread it even among 3 fleets, the South Sea Fleet will have at least 8 type 052 DDG with at least 3 older type 052Cs, 3-4 accompanying type 055 , 10 type 054A and at least 24 type 056A corvette.

If everything goes according to wishes and hopes here than we're adding 16 larges surface combatants (2 IH + 6 FREMM + 8 Mogami) in addition to existing 12 smaller surface combatants ( 3 F2000 + 2x 10514 + 4x 9113 + 3x Fatahillah)

That's still a LOT of imbalance…but still sufficient for deterrence.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Speaking about our North. They've just commissioned the 20th Type 052DL DDG, by next year all 25 type 052D/DL DDG will be in service. Consider that they spread it even among 3 fleets, the South Sea Fleet will have at least 8 type 052 DDG with at least 3 older type 052Cs, 3-4 accompanying type 055 , 10 type 054A and at least 24 type 056A corvette.

If everything goes according to wishes and hopes here than we're adding 16 larges surface combatants (2 IH + 6 FREMM + 8 Mogami) in addition to existing 12 smaller surface combatants ( 3 F2000 + 2x 10514 + 4x 9113 + 3x Fatahillah)

That's still a LOT of imbalance…but still sufficient for deterrence.
kinda oot from this forum section , but that's why we are in the dire need of land based platform / fighter with Naval strike capability :)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
For a while JMSDF along with Seventh Fleets or Pacific Command Group still had the capability and quantity to bear the Brunt of our "neighbor" from the North adding that the Royal Australia Navy, but they keep churn out Warships like Zergs base it is only matter of time afterall

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom