Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,564
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
supposed to be on law enforcement but i just place it here.

100M+ Patrol Vessels for KKP/PSDKP

"The Hydrodynamics Technology Research Center (PRTH) and the Hydrodynamics Laboratory – BRIN coordinate with the Directorate of Monitoring and Fleet Operations of the Directorate General of PSDKP, Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (KKP). In the context of a joint evaluation of the design of the fisheries surveillance vessel that has been made, this coordination is carried out offline in the Main Meeting Room of the BRIN Surabaya Area on Thursday and Friday (02-03/06).

The design of this class 1 fisheries control vessel (OPV 70 meters and 110 meters) has reached the finalization stage. Therefore, it is necessary to have an evaluation. This evaluation was carried out to obtain the best ship design and in accordance with the request from the KKP.

The Head of the Supervisory Ship Design Team, Muryadin, explained the progress of the ship design work in detail including the design drawings and design specifications of the supervisory ship. The presentation shows the design of the wheelhouse and several rooms. "In addition, the ship will be equipped with a CIC room, which is a special machine room, and equipped with door monitoring so that everything can be monitored," said Muryadin.

The PoA Infrastructure Coordinator, Teguh Wibowo, explained the number and classification of crew members who would be assigned to each fisheries supervisory vessel. "To determine it, it is necessary to know the facilities in each room that has been designed," concluded Teguh."

View attachment 49362
Not using Bakamla opv design?

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
waiting for next year maybe?
Loan for AH140ID weapon package USD401 mil has been declined by MoF in 2022
Perhaps waiting for thhe certainty of the project it self such as design, work sharing, and other project schedule that hasnt been made clear?

Cromwell

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
1666867937721.jpg
1666867940831.jpg

Some old stories during Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Slamet Subianto's era ( 2005 - 2007 ) from Lembaga Keris FB page, i don't question about those Russian items which eventually unselected however there's that part that we actually planning 4 SIGMA 9113 Class corvettes ( which is ok by me ) and 2 KS 209/1300, how the F**k we end up with 3 DSME 1400 while originally we're planning the original version from Germany ( Type-209 ), how the h**l we went so wrong from the original plan ? If we sticked to the original plan we won't be having too deal with this headache.

chibiyabi

Contributor
Reactions
3 411
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Togo
View attachment 49522 View attachment 49523
Some old stories during Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Slamet Subianto's era ( 2005 - 2007 ) from Lembaga Keris FB page, i don't question about those Russian items which eventually unselected however there's that part that we actually planning 4 SIGMA 9113 Class corvettes ( which is ok by me ) and 2 KS 209/1300, how the F**k we end up with 3 DSME 1400 while originally we're planning the original version from Germany ( Type-209 ), how the h**l we went so wrong from the original plan ? If we sticked to the original plan we won't be having too deal with this headache.
its start when our handsome and good looking president want to diversify our weapon sources and find what we call TOT to strenghten local military industries capability plus looking for another economics strategic partner beside japon. unfortunately he had very very uncapable subordinat who handle negotiations and technical requirements for military goods we want purchase. wala..IFX and 209 KW problems still haunting us until now

Cromwell

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
its start when our handsome and good looking president want to diversify our weapon sources and find what we call TOT to strenghten local military industries capability plus looking for another economics strategic partner beside japon. unfortunately he had very very uncapable subordinat who handle negotiations and technical requirements for military goods we want purchase. wala..IFX and 209 KW problems still haunting us until now
I don't mind actually about KFX/IFX but that part switching from Type 209 to DSME 1400.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

The singer one, i mean the president. But still, nevertheless, one of his Minister of Defense, Mr. Purnomo Yusgiantoro is one of the driving force for Indonesian Armed Forces modernization program compared to his successor later.... Btw, All of the people at the time assuming the Korean in which had stellar record for their defense industry would do a good job for our Submarine deals.

Seoraksan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
South Korea
View attachment 49342
Eventually we have some leftover problem to resolve.

It is interesting how this will resolve. At the end, Indonesia already signed a contract for DSME 1400. DSME trusted Indonesia of fulfilling its contract and ordered parts, but Indonesia hasn't executed the order and DSME has lost money for parts that have not been used. Korea will seek the contract termination fee & compensation. Therefore, what the Indonesia govt has told the Korean govt so far is that they will definitely buy DSME 1400, but also not now. This means the DSME 1400 contract is permenantly in limbo.

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,572
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
View attachment 49727
Advance payment for submarine(s)
View attachment 49728 View attachment 49729
Advance payment for frigate and frigate ( continue )
Submarine: $95.022.641,69 (1 packet)
Frigate: $54.381.454,40 (1 unit)
Frigate: $103.874.400,96 (1packet)

Does the $54 mil is used to modernize KRI TOM?

Infonya agak kurang, ane bingung proyek frigate -> proyek pengadaan frigate/ semua proyek yang menyangkut frigate (MRO-Upgrade masuk).

chibiyabi

Contributor
Reactions
3 411
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Togo
Obviously I can't read Indonesian so pardon me if I get this wrong, but the document doesn't specify the advanced payment is for a particular submarine, does it?
no, its not specified for downpayment, its just said for next project (suppose to be related with previous procurement)

Seoraksan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
South Korea
no, its not specified for downpayment, its just said for next project (suppose to be related with previous procurement)
Thanks. Interesting. I don't know which future project will receive the fund, but DSME which recently merged with Hanwha hasn't said anything about Indonesia of executing the remaining order for 3 DSME-1400 submarines other than the fact that Indonesia hasn't cancelled the order and it is still on their book.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom