Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Either way, this offer would greatly aleviate some pressure for the Navy need of large surface combatant ships and patrol vessels. Especially considering the established Third armada is still doesn't have significant capital combatant ships

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
wow that headset cost 140$ each, good choice of headset though.
As an amateur audiophile, I have to agree. Although it's not clear what type of Sennheiser headphone that was.

Of course, that doesn't mean the submarine crews will use the headphones to listen to hi-res music files. The sonar operators certainly need good headsets to be able to hear and differentiate the sound signals more clearly and precisely.

Certainly there's no place for Beats headphones there 😋

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

INDONESIAN NAVY APPROVES NEW CMS FROM TERMA DESPITE COVID-19 CHALLENGES​

Virtual FAT: Despite COVID-19 restrictions, the Indonesian Navy (TNI-AL) approves the factory acceptance tests of four new combat management systems (CMS) for four fast attack crafts, “KCR-60”, scheduled to join their fleet.

"The KCR-60 #5 depicted was launched by PT PAL on 5 Dec 21 in Surabaya, Indonesia. Terma will also provide and integrate its full Combat Suite C-Flex including SCANTER surveillance radar, C-Fire etc. on this vessel."

January 20, Surabaya - The process has been far from conventional. Typically, readying a comprehensive CMS for any navy vessel involves several meetings where specifications and expectations are aligned across the organizations involved. However, with COVID-19 restrictions in place, much of the collaboration has moved online, including the four Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).

Among other things, Terma, is contracted to deliver the CMS for the four KCR-60 vessels. Not being able to meet in person has been a challenge, however, the program and the FAT approvals were kept on schedule to the full satisfaction of the customer and project team at both Terma and the Indonesian shipyard, PT PAL.

PT PAL holds the primary contract for building and delivering the four vessels – two are new builds and two are existing fast attack crafts undergoing a complete upgrade.

HANDHELD VIDEO DEMO MADE FAT POSSIBLE​

The four FATs were conducted virtually as so-called “demo FAT’s” towards the end-user.

In practice, Terma had performed and completed the full and whole Factory Acceptance Test prior to the actual virtual demo FAT event. Terma’s internal quality representative witnessed and signed off that the result of the Factory Acceptance Test lived up to expectations.

During the virtual demo FATs, Terma presented an array of topics selected prior to the event. The topics were explained thoroughly via a Microsoft Teams meeting using handheld cameras.

While the two first demo FATs were conducted entirely online, COVID-19 restrictions allowed for in-person attendance at the last two by a London-based and a Berlin-based Indonesian defense attaché respectively.

“I’m very proud that we were able to finish the factory acceptance tests on time, and I’m thankful that both the Indonesian Ministry of Defense, Navy and PT PAL have been very understanding and flexible despite the COVID-19 challenges,” Head of Indonesia Programs at Terma, Mr. Per Boye Ovesen, says.

Terma acts as combat system integrator and is responsible for integrating all sensors and effectors onboard the vessels. Furthermore, Terma is contracted to deliver: the C-Flex combat management system, the C-Guard decoy launching system, the C-Fire fire control system, and SCANTER 4603 air & surface surveillance radar for all four KCR-60 vessels.

READY FOR SEA ACCEPTANCE & LIVE FIRING TEST​

2022 will be a year of execution and with the acceptance tests approved, on-site installation begins.

“As we speak, the final shipment for the combat management system no. 4 is on its way to Indonesia. Our local team has already begun installations and soon the sensor and weaponry into the C-Flex System of the KCR-60s will come.”

All four fast attack crafts are expected to be ready for sea acceptance and live firing tests during 2022. The first test is scheduled in July-August and even though COVID-19 is creating obstacles for the cross-border collaboration, Per Boye Ovesen is certain that the partnership with PT PAL and the Indonesian Navy will continue to be as smooth and fruitful as it has been so far.

EMPOWERING STRONG PARTNERSHIPS THROUGH LOCAL PRESENCE​

To ease operations, Terma has established local offices and employed local staff in both Jakarta and Surabaya, where the vessels are built, with the aim to bring competences and knowhow closer to the shipyard.

The local presence is necessary to ensure a smooth collaboration when regular cross-border partnerships are made difficult by the pandemic. By bringing competences closer to the shipyard, Terma and PT PAL have created the optimal conditions for ensuring a high-quality build that stays on schedule.

However, implementing a new combat management system is a complex task.

“As the responsible systems integrator, we must ensure that all systems work smoothly together and provide the necessary situational awareness, decision support and ultimately control the different weapons systems onboard,” Per Boye Ovesen explains.

When completed, the KCR-60 crafts will be equipped with surveillance, ESM and IFF systems as well as guns, missile launchers, and decoy systems.

Read more:

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,449
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
So far Neptune
Honestly, Neptune looks so ugly lmao. Why do Rusky people always make crude-looking things hmm. But then, I think it's not so wise to go for either Russian or Ukrainian stuff, because well their situation currently doesn't look so stable. On the other hand, my conclusion might be to go for European stuff, to avoid uncle sam getting angry if we buy Slavic kielbasa, and because we are currently on a buying spree of EU items, why not go all out and get A2/AD from them as well (Exocet? NSM?).

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
andika perkasa diss in 0:54-1:20 timestamp :
- "you guys should move on from this cold war relics"
- "stop seeking asset modernization option from troublesome countries (russia ?)"
Well then, hope he also understand the real reasons why our marines are still stuck with such old equipment and make some changes for the better. Also, please make sure that our potential collaboration with FNSS for ZAHA will go smoothly and on time from start to finish - not to mention that it must also free from anyone else's disturbances who want to derail such project.

Still, judging from the progress of Harimau tank so far, I'm not holding my breath for such thing to happen.

Anyway, if what he really meant by "troublesome country" was Russia, are there any real "non-troublesome country" alternative for BMP-3? Of course if what he meant by it was China, then I wholeheartedly support his words.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,781
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well then, hope he also understand the real reasons why our marines are still stuck with such old equipment and make some changes for the better. Also, please make sure that our potential collaboration with FNSS for ZAHA will go smoothly and on time from start to finish - not to mention that it must also free from anyone else's disturbances who want to derail such project.

Still, judging from the progress of Harimau tank so far, I'm not holding my breath for such thing to happen.

Anyway, if what he really meant by "troublesome country" was Russia, are there any real "non-troublesome country" alternative for BMP-3? Of course if what he meant by it was China, then I wholeheartedly support his words.
What do they expect anyway?
Hoping US give us caatsa waiver for BMP3F when Ukraine is heating up right now?

Sometime I wonder why US or Nato don't develop equal vehicle when their next theater of operation is Pacific ?

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What do they expect anyway?
Hoping US give us caatsa waiver for BMP3F when Ukraine is heating up right now?
That's why I wrote "if it was Russia" - because there is no real alternative to BMP-3 from the Western or Western-friendly countries.

Sometime I wonder why US or Nato don't develop equal vehicle when their next theater of operation is Pacific ?
Too bad they cancelled it in 2011:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,781
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
"stop seeking asset modernization option from troublesome countries"
Hmm... how about Belgium? 🤣

PT90MP MARINIR.png

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,366
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
"stop seeking asset modernization option from troublesome countries"
Hmm... how about Belgium? 🤣

View attachment 38841
might aswell replace the whole thing, not much option for marine amphibious fire support vehicle option these days , other than russian and chinese option like ZBD series.

thai does have ukraine made BTR-3E with 90mm LP, i don't know if it will affect their amphibious capabilities, not really recommended to buy anything from ukraine or russia (atleast for a time being), they're both in brink situation of throwing hands at each other.

1642777129336.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom