Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,514
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can anyone please explain why Turkey got into the semiconductor game so late?

Also, why did Aselsan choose to make a DUV machine instead of an EUV one?

This video explains why we did enter chip industry late, it is Turkish.

byzero

Reactions
1 8
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Peki bu fabrikayı kim inşa edecek ve hangi eğitim yönetimi bu fabrikayla işbirliği yaparak çalışacak
The Ministry of Industry and Technology wants to establish a domestic chip factory with an investment of 5 billion dollars. Until 2030, the work of companies that produce solar panels such as Tübitak, ASELSAN, Kalyon, institutions such as the Presidency of Defense Industries, etc. continues. For example, Kalyon is working on semiconductor wafer production, Tübitak is working on the 65 nm chip production process, ASELSAN is working on the duv lithography device. The facility to be opened in Ankara in 2028 will be a medium-sized production facility.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
31 19,400
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't feel I got an answer to the question. Just a bunch of names of stakeholders who could be part of it.

If the investment is going to contribute and we rise up as a chip producing nation we need to have solid plans for cooperation with universities and tech companies using these chips for domestic products

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,332
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sanırım TÜBİTAK Yital'den bahsediyorsunuz ama İstanbul'da değil, Gebze'de, laboratuvar ortamında 250nm çip üretebiliyor, Katar'daki bir üniversiteyle işbirliği yaparak 65nm çipler üzerinde çalışıyor, tabii ki Katar'ın hediye ettiği 40 milyon dolarlık makinalarla seri üretim değil de prototip üretim yapacak bir tesis.
I don't know how my post ends up being in Turkish :unsure: , anyway Gebze is nextdoor to Istanbul and is like an extension of the city, so. I am talking about Qatar partnership for 65 nm chips. I would say it should be for a rather small capacity investment but still beyond prototyping. If Aselsan can pull of a DUV machine that would be promising rather than buying foreign made machines as this effort can be upgraded to finer processes over time.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom