Infantry-carried Howitzer?

Trimes

Reactions
Nation of residence
Brazil
Nation of origin
Brazil
I understand and apologise if this is not the place to ask, just couldn't find where. Would also appreciate directions, if I'm wrong. TIA.

Is/was there a project/weapon/prototype for a fast-assembly, sectionable, infantry-carried rifled direct artillery (howitzer)?

I mean, like infantry mortars, but designed for precise direct fire, and NOT designed to be towed by vehicles.

TIA for any relevant answer.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I understand and apologise if this is not the place to ask, just couldn't find where. Would also appreciate directions, if I'm wrong. TIA.

Is/was there a project/weapon/prototype for a fast-assembly, sectionable, infantry-carried rifled direct artillery (howitzer)?

I mean, like infantry mortars, but designed for precise direct fire, and NOT designed to be towed by vehicles.

Can you post a picture of what you meant?

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 4,995
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

Recoilless rifles such as the Carl-Gustaf are probably the closest thing to what you are describing. With the prevalence of ATGM's, recoilless rifles are pretty much relegated for line-of-sight fire support roles. For instance, hitting buildings or barricades which contain enemy combatants.
59b055bb6eac400d4a8b7b9c

Top Bottom