Live Conflict Israel-Palestine War|Regional Escalations

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,053
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
We can talk about guerilla warfare in its hit and run tactics when the scale is bigger. Here we are not talking about the mountains of Tora Bora, the deserts and remote villages in Iraq or the jungles and remote villages in Colombia. Hamas, YPG and ISIS are comparable because all of the groups are established around the concept of area control. (I don't want to start the "who is terrorist talk" just discussion purely in a military way)

We are talking about a militia that is supposed to defend the Palestinian civilian population and the territory of Gaza from the State of Israel. How are they supposed to defend the Palestinians in Gaza while the Israeli army can seize strategic objects in terms of infrastructure, power grid etc almost without any resistance. The biggest hospital in Gaza Ash-Shifaa was raided just like that and this is one of the most critical facilities in Gaza. The government building was taken under control. What is the purpose of Hamas? We can't talk about hit and run in an open prison like Gaza. There is nowhere to hide, no way to embed yourself into the civilian population and be effective looking at the current situation. Not going out of the tunnels is winning time (time is not on Hamas side) but it is also winning maneuver capability for the IDF. We don't even saw a major IED attack till now. They are just letting IDF move freely. The only thing that will make IDF cease the operation is heavy personnel casualties and what we see is not even near that.

I saw enough IDF footage of them moving freely around. This is not what the urban warfare everybody talks about looks like. If someone wants to see urban warfare let him look at ISIS defence of Mosul. Despite air support, all kind of foreign military support including embedded FID personnel, international volunteers and the battle hardened Iraqi Army with all its paramilitary offshoots they managed to defend the city almost a year of high intensity fighting and tons of bombs thrown at them. In Mosul according to different sources between 3000 and 12.000 ISIS fighters were in the defence role men against a 105.000 men force and this is at least. In Gaza the approximate number of Hamas fighters only is between 20.000 and 30.000 . While Gaza is only 45km2 Mosul is 145km2.

Years of preparation of forces, critical infrastructure, millions of dollars in terms of weapons and supplies, serious intelligence capability, propaganda for what? To shoot a thousand rockets at Israel of which 80% are intercepted in the air? I don't think we should look at Hamas as the regular militia. Hamas and the other groups are supposed to play the role of "Gaza Armed Forces" because there is no other armed alternative in Gaza right now. Keeping territory no matter if Gaza or the West Bank is of existential importance. If they don't keep ground the Palestinians will be destined to live in refugee camps in Jordan, Egypt and Lebanon one way or another. They are the ones that must protect Gaza from the IDF and we are not talking only about harassment but a territorial defence. While it is still early to conclude at the moment their performance is not even 20% of their reputation as a force to recon with. We all enjoy the "dirty talk" of Abu Obeyda and how the resistance is going to make Israel to cease to exist etc but talking is one, acting in the right way is another.

If there is not something special that Hamas prepared I will be greatly disappointed. And I am not talking by looking from the prism of who I support but in an independent observer role.

It does look like the performance so far from Hamas has been pretty bad. Honestly i wasn't really expecting anything considering one army has F35 and the other one has home made unguided artillery. But all the talk coming from the arabs/muslims were making it out like Hamas is some powerful hardcore fighting force. So far they look pretty weak and incompetent.

All this talk about the "myth" of invincibility being broken nonsense is a soundbite that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. The reality is whose winning on the battlefield. So far it looks like Isreal is winning and winning relatively easy.

Seems like when all is said and done this will be another "nakba" to cry over.

I think the Arabs needed to investigate who truly leads Hamas, the Oct 7th attack looks like a gift to the Zionist regime.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,576
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
We can talk about guerilla warfare in its hit and run tactics when the scale is bigger. Here we are not talking about the mountains of Tora Bora, the deserts and remote villages in Iraq or the jungles and remote villages in Colombia. Hamas, YPG and ISIS are comparable because all of the groups are established around the concept of area control. (I don't want to start the "who is terrorist talk" just discussion purely in a military way)

We are talking about a militia that is supposed to defend the Palestinian civilian population and the territory of Gaza from the State of Israel. How are they supposed to defend the Palestinians in Gaza while the Israeli army can seize strategic objects in terms of infrastructure, power grid etc almost without any resistance. The biggest hospital in Gaza Ash-Shifaa was raided just like that and this is one of the most critical facilities in Gaza. The government building was taken under control. What is the purpose of Hamas? We can't talk about hit and run in an open prison like Gaza. There is nowhere to hide, no way to embed yourself into the civilian population and be effective looking at the current situation. Not going out of the tunnels is winning time (time is not on Hamas side) but it is also winning maneuver capability for the IDF. We don't even saw a major IED attack till now. They are just letting IDF move freely. The only thing that will make IDF cease the operation is heavy personnel casualties and what we see is not even near that.

I saw enough IDF footage of them moving freely around. This is not what the urban warfare everybody talks about looks like. If someone wants to see urban warfare let him look at ISIS defence of Mosul. Despite air support, all kind of foreign military support including embedded FID personnel, international volunteers and the battle hardened Iraqi Army with all its paramilitary offshoots they managed to defend the city almost a year of high intensity fighting and tons of bombs thrown at them. In Mosul according to different sources between 3000 and 12.000 ISIS fighters were in the defence role men against a 105.000 men force and this is at least. In Gaza the approximate number of Hamas fighters only is between 20.000 and 30.000 . While Gaza is only 45km2 Mosul is 145km2.

Years of preparation of forces, critical infrastructure, millions of dollars in terms of weapons and supplies, serious intelligence capability, propaganda for what? To shoot a thousand rockets at Israel of which 80% are intercepted in the air? I don't think we should look at Hamas as the regular militia. Hamas and the other groups are supposed to play the role of "Gaza Armed Forces" because there is no other armed alternative in Gaza right now. Keeping territory no matter if Gaza or the West Bank is of existential importance. If they don't keep ground the Palestinians will be destined to live in refugee camps in Jordan, Egypt and Lebanon one way or another. They are the ones that must protect Gaza from the IDF and we are not talking only about harassment but a territorial defence. While it is still early to conclude at the moment their performance is not even 20% of their reputation as a force to recon with. We all enjoy the "dirty talk" of Abu Obeyda and how the resistance is going to make Israel to cease to exist etc but talking is one, acting in the right way is another.

If there is not something special that Hamas prepared I will be greatly disappointed. And I am not talking by looking from the prism of who I support but in an independent observer role.

Yes, it is very strange. Not only because all of those supposed years of preparation, tunnelling, strategic communication network and supplies, but they actually demonstrated first hand their capabilities on October 7th by conducting such large scale multi domain operation successfully which saw collapse of divisional size IDF formation.

Like you I would be disappointed too if it continue like this till the end and there is no twist.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,729
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
It does look like the performance so far from Hamas has been pretty bad. Honestly i wasn't really expecting anything considering one army has F35 and the other one has home made unguided artillery. But all the talk coming from the arabs/muslims were making it out like Hamas is some powerful hardcore fighting force. So far they look pretty weak and incompetent.

All this talk about the "myth" of invincibility being broken nonsense is a soundbite that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. The reality is whose winning on the battlefield. So far it looks like Isreal is winning and winning relatively easy.

Seems like when all is said and done this will be another "nakba" to cry over.

I think the Arabs needed to investigate who truly leads Hamas, the Oct 7th attack looks like a gift to the Zionist regime.
I said it in my post above. Here the situation is not related to image, or pure propaganda. The bet is the lives of at least 2 million people and one of the most serious cards in the possible process of establishing of a Palestinian State in Gaza and this is the population card. This is no joke. Decades of resistance, thousands of lost lives would go in the trash bin.
Yes, it is very strange. Not only because all of those supposed years of preparation, tunnelling, strategic communication network and supplies, but they actually demonstrated first hand their capabilities on October 7th by conducting such large scale multi domain operation successfully which saw collapse of divisional size IDF formation.

Like you I would be disappointed too if it continue like this till the end and there is no twist.
Absolutely agree.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,576
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

@Sanchez This is probably the confirmation you were looking for.

Tbh, it only lost its track, @Sanchez will say ( and me too)😃

We want to see something like this-
1700072001792.jpeg

1700072023158.jpeg

(both are Markava)

Jokes aside, most likely crew survived, but the vehicle is out of commission. Like we previously talked about.

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,477
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Algeria, Afghanistan, Vietnam and Indonesia knows what a guerilla war is and how to win wars, prolly better than the traditional military power of the pre XX Century.

Yes, trading land and manpower for a political goal is what win wars. And nobody understands this better than us, The Indonesian resistance wasn't defeated when the President was arrested and the capital occupied, Vietnam communist didn't lose the war because of Tet offensive failure and as @Chakib.Y mentioned, massacres in Algeria didn't really stop the French from leaving and the Algerians massacring the Harkis in the aftermath ,Nor did the Taliban lose when they lost Kabul and the whole country in A WEEK.

This is what describe the nature of modern warfare of the 21st century where traditional military approach no longer cut. You can kill as many as you want and occupy as long as you will, but we will win.

Let's say IDF conquer Gaza, then what? Does that mean the Jews will live in security ? As I mentioned earlier ,in Sinai right now as we speak, ISIS-Sinai is waging a military campaign and in need of critical manpower, guess who will capitalize first from the flock of young men thrown away from their home and ended up stranded in Sinai? If they think Hamas hate the Jews enough then wait for ISIS own version for another October 7th. As we all have noticed ISIS is in a magnitude more capable than Hamas, and unlike Hamas, they don't play by the rules, not even pretending to care.

and this October 7th will keep coming for them, in a seasonal cycle until eventually their Western backers fade away as a natural cycle of an empire. And when that time come, then they will likely face what the Harkis in Algeria, or the Thousands of Capitalist Vietnamese faced in communst Vietnamafter the fall of Saigon.

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,729
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Algeria, Afghanistan, Vietnam and Indonesia knows what a guerilla war is and how to win wars, prolly better than the traditional military power of the pre XX Century.

Yes, trading land and manpower for a political goal is what win wars. And nobody understands this better than us, The Indonesian resistance wasn't defeated when the President was arrested and the capital occupied, Vietnam communist didn't lose the war because of Tet offensive failure and as @Chakib.Y mentioned, massacres in Algeria didn't really stop the French from leaving and the Algerians massacring the Harkis in the aftermath ,Nor did the Taliban lose when they lost Kabul and the whole country in A WEEK.

This is what describe the nature of modern warfare of the 21st century where traditional military approach no longer cut. You can kill as many as you want and occupy as long as you will, but we will win.

Let's say IDF conquer Gaza, then what? Does that mean the Jews will live in security ? As I mentioned earlier ,in Sinai right now as we speak, ISIS-Sinai is waging a military campaign and in need of critical manpower, guess who will capitalize first from the flock of young men thrown away from their home and ended up stranded in Sinai? If they think Hamas hate the Jews enough then wait for ISIS own version for another October 7th. As we all have noticed ISIS is in a magnitude more capable than Hamas, and unlike Hamas, they don't play by the rules, not even pretending to care.

and this October 7th will keep coming for them, in a seasonal cycle until eventually their Western backers fade away as a natural cycle of an empire. And when that time come, then they will likely face what the Harkis in Algeria, or the Thousands of Capitalist Vietnamese faced in communst Vietnamafter the fall of Saigon.
The problem here is scale. Hamas don't have the freedom of movement, the endless deserts, the jungle where it can establish itself. Instead they have the tunnel networks. They are locked in 45km2 area among 2 million other people. The only country that would look good at Hamas presence on its territory would be Lebanon. Egypt will not allow its territory to be used for direct attacks on Israel.

With the recent actions what exactly is the political and military objectives of Hamas? Did they really calculated for what would come after this operation? I know very well how guerilla warfare can turn the tide in wars against larger and conventionally stronger opponents but guerilla warfare is done by fighters being based mainly in remote areas, embedding with civilians with accent on diversions. In this small area of 45km2 urban area what diversion can one achieve?

When it comes to guerilla warfare in cities there must be some kind of established order so fighters can embed among civilians and attack enemy government officials, security forces, organize popular uprisings that can turn into seizing power and establishment of a friendly government with popular support. Which popular support will win the Gaza struggle? The crippled ones without legs or hands in the Turkish hospital or the one laying in the white sheets in Ash-Shifaa?

IDF is currently cornering Hamas and this force of 20.000-30.000 men will have to come out of the tunnels one day. More than 100.000 IDF soldiers are mobilized for the fight. They got enough resources to establish themselves in a way where there is no gap with the help of their reserve force. Time is on their side.

In the most positive scenario I see Gaza will end the same way as the West Bank. Not because of other reason but because the world media is on the side of Israelis, the UN is mostly ineffective and we know what Israelis are good in. Forceful expansion trough settlers, internal security, creating fights among the political sides of the Palestinian political life, infiltrating and polluting the Palestinian politics with their agents that are moving according to what their chiefs in Tel Aviv tell them. There is no political solution to this problem. If Hamas and the groups in Gaza want to achieve real result then Israel must be crushed militarily in Gaza. There is no other way around and so far I am not very hopeful of that because all this must be achieved despite the massive military and financial help Israel gets from all around the world while Hamas is doing all this effectively alone.

Where is Saudi Arabia, where is Iran, where is Hezbollah? Somebody is deleting Israel from the face of the earth every two weeks. Well, the chance arises and where are they? Nobody should deceive himself that by firing a couple of ballistic missiles from Yemen, a couple ATGM attacks from Lebanon and a bit of rockets from Gaza will make Israel seize to exist. Not only that but Israel is not even touched by these developments. The last time I checked Saudi Arabia was engaging Houthi missiles over its territory... Unfortunately my friend all our talk here is wishful thinking. Hamas can not win in Gaza with the classical guerilla warfare approach. Gaza is not Algeria, Indonesia, Afghanistan or Cuba. Gaza is a 45km2 open prison. with more than 2 million people trapped inside.

While Israelis are currently partying without any worries in Tel Aviv or Haifa, Palestinian children are dying in the hospitals of Gaza. This is what the current strategy brought upon Gaza. You can't wait for different results by using the same methods and doing this for more than 30 years.

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Iran's supreme leader delivered a clear message to the head of Hamas when they met in Tehran in early November, according to three senior officials: You gave us no warning of your Oct. 7 attack on Israel and we will not enter the war on your behalf.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei told Ismail Haniyeh that Iran - a longtime backer of Hamas - would continue to lend the group its political and moral support, but wouldn't intervene directly, said the Iranian and Hamas officials with knowledge of the discussions who asked to remain anonymous to speak freely.

The supreme leader pressed Haniyeh to silence those voices in the Palestinian group publicly calling for Iran and its powerful Lebanese ally Hezbollah to join the battle against Israel in full force, a Hamas official told Reuters.

Hezbollah, too, was taken by surprise by Hamas' devastating assault last month that killed 1,200 Israelis; its fighters were not even on alert in villages near the border that were frontlines in its 2006 war with Israel, and had to be rapidly called up, three sources close to the Lebanese group said.

"We woke up to a war," said a Hezbollah commander ...

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,576
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I think we can agree that vast majority of us support the Palestinian cause if not Hamas. We should ready ourself for the worse possible outcome and what it could look like, as @Kartal1 pointed out. Emotions has been running high for quite a while now. It's time we start thinking with cool heads.

The fact is, as long as this Sisi type dictators and regressive monarchies in the gulf continues to exist, there ain't gonna be any proper solution for Middle East Israel problem.

And pan-Islamism doesn't work either. All these rallies and protests, tough talks by politicians are just short lived reactions with no meaningful effects. Today All Muslims can do is to react to the adversary. (And in most cases on their terms, not even our own)

I am sorry, but the reality is we don't live in the era of Harun al Rasheed or Mehmet al fateh anymore. In today's world religious solidarity and duty simply cannot overcome the overwhelming hurdles of material reality. And if you try to do that instead and throw away all the reasons, instead of helping the victims, you may very well end up as one.

The day Muslim countries can get their houses on order first and learn to how respond on their own terms instead of just reacting, Israel-problem is gonna solve itself, you don't even need to call for dramatic 'Ummah unity' or to have dozen of useless OIC conferences.

The only way you can stand for your values effectively, if they are backed up by solid meterial reality. (Not short-lived reactionary emotions.) And that is a long hard process that Muslim nations need to undertake.

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,666
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,646
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

These two hate each other but trade has never been higher in history than the last 5 years
There are a lot of things you missed.

- Most of the aid supplies going to Palestine arrived in Gaza or the West Bank after passing through Israeli customs. (Before October 7)
- Exporters who do not want to wait in line at the Suez Canal use Israeli ports as a shortcut. Therefore, these make trade with Israel look inflated.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Too early to tell ... But , if i was a Hamas commander. I will make a bold simultanous coordinated attack . Both from the south thrust and inside norths . A daring assault which would guarantees half if not all what was left of the hamas effectives fighters martyred . While the tactical loss were painfull . The political gains were immense .
This is not going to be easy .. with all the surveilences activities hangs around their necks ( because obviously IDF were not dumb , if i am a layman could think it so does the professional ) . But , should they manage to pull this stunts off ...
Netanyahu will be dragged and mobbed into the streets by his own supporters on live streaming ...

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,646
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

On November 15th, while transiting the international waters of the Red Sea, the crew of the USS Thomas Hudner engaged a drone that originated from Yemen and was heading in the direction of the ship. The Hudner’s crew engaged and shot down the drone to ensure the safety of U.S. personnel. There were no U.S. casualties or any damage to the ship.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,477
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The problem here is scale. Hamas don't have the freedom of movement, the endless deserts, the jungle where it can establish itself. Instead they have the tunnel networks. They are locked in 45km2 area among 2 million other people. The only country that would look good at Hamas presence on its territory would be Lebanon. Egypt will not allow its territory to be used for direct attacks on Israel.

I know, I look at the map believe me. Even if they lost territorial control doesn't put Israel in any better position, once IDF occupies the entirety of Gaza (and the West Bank) the question will arise: Where will the Palestinians go?

The immediate thought will of course be Sinai, Egypt. But the political ramifications will be huge because for one Al-Sisi doesn't accept that and even if the plan moves forward, that would mean free and plenty of manpower for ISIS-Sinai to capitalize. The first thing they'll do once their manpower is replenished is I believe to prepare for another 7th October style attack on the Israeli Population near Sinai. This is the way ISIS gains sympathy and legitimacy and they WILL DO IT.

The war will then merely turn into a continuation between Palestinians and Israel, but now under the command of ISIS-Sinai. In short, the war will never go, it merely changes hands the same way the Palestinian armed struggle baton transferred from the PLO to Hamas in the 90s.

With the recent actions what exactly is the political and military objectives of Hamas? Did they really calculated for what would come after this operation? I know very well how guerilla warfare can turn the tide in wars against larger and conventionally stronger opponents but guerilla warfare is done by fighters being based mainly in remote areas, embedding with civilians with accent on diversions. In this small area of 45km2 urban area what diversion can one achieve?

1.The sabotage of the normalization plan between Saudi Arabia and Israel, believe me the Saudi, in particular, are hard pressed to justify any sort of normalization afterward, the longer the war goes on, and the longer the flood of images comes out of Gaza, the less willing the Muslims of Arabia to find their rulers as legitimate, and the less willing they are to accept the "Fatwa" of the cleric to justify the government (we know that clerics in the Middle East is an extension of the state).

2.To obstruct the imminent "opening up" of the Islamic nations/people to Israel. And this is important if not the utmost important. even if they lose. I'll give you a textbook example:

In 1979, Juhayman Al Otaybi the descendant of the "Ikhwan" military movements, foreseeing the liberalization of Saudi Arabia into a Westernized society,

Al-Otaybi had turned against Ibn Baz "and began advocating a return to the original ways of Islam, among other things: a repudiation of the West; abolition of television and expulsion of non-Muslims."[16] He proclaimed that "the ruling Al-Saud dynasty had lost its legitimacy because it was corrupt, ostentatious and had destroyed Saudi culture by an aggressive policy of Westernization."[10]

decided to storm the Kaaba with 400 of his men, occupying it, declaring the Saudi government and clerics as illegitimate, and turning the Kaaba into a battleground. In the end he lose, captured and executed.

800px-Juhayman_al-Otaibi.jpg

But he won, in the aftermath of Juhayman's assault on the Kaaba, the Westernization of Saudi Arabia came to a complete halt, not only did it come to a halt, the ensuing Government doubled down on enforcing puritanical Islam, and Juhayman's complaint about cinemas? It would have to wait for another 35 years for the Saudis to allow the first cinema to open in Saudi Arabia under King Salman. In short he won by losing everything.

The October 7th attack and the Israeli retaliation which as predicted will go after the innocent civilians will be saved in the collective memories of Arabs and Muslims, and we need it, because I (personally) want that Muslim's hate towards Israel not only need to be nurtured but it needs to be periodically expanded. And this is one way to do it. Do you think normal Muslims will accept "friendships" with israel after they saw videos of kids cut in half? Broadcasted to the world in full detail.

That "hate" must be maintained, until the reversal of fortune comes back to our side. And this is why again it is of the utmost importance for Hamas regardless of the outcome of the military matters to go ahead with the Assault.

When it comes to guerilla warfare in cities there must be some kind of established order so fighters can embed among civilians and attack enemy government officials, security forces, organize popular uprisings that can turn into seizing power and establishment of a friendly government with popular support. Which popular support will win the Gaza struggle? The crippled ones without legs or hands in the Turkish hospital or the one laying in the white sheets in Ash-Shifaa?

IDF is currently cornering Hamas and this force of 20.000-30.000 men will have to come out of the tunnels one day. More than 100.000 IDF soldiers are mobilized for the fight. They got enough resources to establish themselves in a way where there is no gap with the help of their reserve force. Time is on their side.

I beg you to differ and reconsider, it took the US 2 weeks to expel the Taliban, and another 20 years is the time it took for the U.S to command ISAF, a military agglomeration of more than 50 countries to occupy, pin, corner, and bomb the Taliban into submission

ISAF was one of the largest coalitions in history and is NATO’s most challenging mission to date. At its height, the force was more than 130,000 strong, with troops from 51 NATO and partner nations.

Yet in 2021, the Taliban came back in full force in Kabul, had DefenceHub existed in 2001, I believe none of its members could foresee how a backward militant group that was expelled in 2 weeks from their capital and land, facing the largest military power on earth + its also formidable allies, could take back the seats of power 20 years later.

The same story also happens in Mali, where the French-led missions. once seemed formidable are now in tatters where local AQIM and ISIS-GS are now on the march everywhere in the Sahel. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a recent image of ISIS-GS convoys running around in motorbikes in broad daylight after supposedly getting pinned by France in the yesteryear.

Let's say Gaza is occupied, its people are swept into Sinai. Doesn't that mean more manpower for ISIS to attack Israel? Having ISIS in its South and Hezbollah on its North and these people will never live in peace, they will always live under the assumption that October 7th could come time and again. Also the less safe Egypt is, the harder for it to operate as a normal country, and generally, I want a less safe more militant Middle East because I see it as serving the long-term plan to annihilate the Zionists. In short, less safe Middle East, the better.

The last time I checked Saudi Arabia was engaging Houthi missiles over its territory... Unfortunately my friend all our talk here is wishful thinking. Hamas can not win in Gaza with the classical guerilla warfare approach. Gaza is not Algeria, Indonesia, Afghanistan or Cuba. Gaza is a 45km2 open prison. with more than 2 million people trapped inside.

This is where we differ, your goal (and many here) is the preservation of the Palestinian state, and my goal is the destruction of Israel. That's why we differ on what is acceptable and what is not, what is painful and what's is a necessary pain.

Sometimes all it takes is a small spark of blood to give way to a much larger bloodbath that serves a larger political purpose.

If you look at the history of militancy in the Middle East and Africa, and tracing the thread back to where it started, it seems trivial. The deadly Boko haram and the ensuing Nigerian insurgency started because the Nigerian police shot some unknown clerics in Borno state, a backwater state in Nigeria.

Do you think there will be no repercussions after the Arabs/Muslims saw the image of entire people massacred in Gaza? Think again.

9/11

s_A0AE79177AE22FEDB3174BE4CB5E6C1B34787C78A411A18BEEE28632C821036C_1631293105745_01b.jpg

The most destructive and humiliating retreat of the U.S from the Middle East comes from this particular attack orchestrated by Bin Laden...after he saw the image of Lebanon bombed by Israel.

God knows it did not cross our minds to attack the towers but after the situation became unbearable and we witnessed the injustice and tyranny of the American-Israeli alliance against our people in Palestine and Lebanon,
As I watched the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it occurred to me punish the unjust the same way [and] to destroy towers in America so it could taste some of what we are tasting and to stop killing our children and women. (Bin Laden) (Source)

You might argue that post 9/11 destruction is disproportionately tilting towards Afghans, but if you look at the grand scheme of things, the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq in the aftermath of 9/11,Over those 20 years, the U.S essentially relinquished a significant portion of its capabilities as a major power.

Think about how many Arleigh Burke's, Zummwalts or F-22 raptors the U.S could procure had the Pentagon didn't shift priorities to small scale Middle East wars, how different it would look for the Ukrainian war effort had the U.S MIC didn't orient towards "Prada and Gucci" style procurement of artillery and weapons. And most importantly how differently the U.S military readiness is against neer peer state like China.

For pursuing vengeance post 9/11, the U.S achieves little but lost a lot.

The same with Israel now, for their pursue to punish Palestinians they have sealed the fate of their country and their childrens.

While Israelis are currently partying without any worries in Tel Aviv or Haifa, Palestinian children are dying in the hospitals of Gaza. This is what the current strategy brought upon Gaza. You can't wait for different results by using the same methods and doing this for more than 30 years.

During the war in Afghanistan, the U.S flattened an entire village and all Taliban can celebrate is firing some mortars or planting IEDs hoping that an American will cross them. Who eventually won ?

As I said, the war in Gaza is an acceptable cost.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,729
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I know, I look at the map believe me. Even if they lost territorial control doesn't put Israel in any better position, once IDF occupies the entirety of Gaza (and the West Bank) the question will arise: Where will the Palestinians go?

The immediate thought will of course be Sinai, Egypt. But the political ramifications will be huge because for one Al-Sisi doesn't accept that and even if the plan moves forward, that would mean free and plenty of manpower for ISIS-Sinai to capitalize. The first thing they'll do once their manpower is replenished is I believe to prepare for another 7th October style attack on the Israeli Population near Sinai. This is the way ISIS gains sympathy and legitimacy and they WILL DO IT.

The war will then merely turn into a continuation between Palestinians and Israel, but now under the command of ISIS-Sinai. In short, the war will never go, it merely changes hands the same way the Palestinian armed struggle baton transferred from the PLO to Hamas in the 90s.

1.The sabotage of the normalization plan between Saudi Arabia and Israel, believe me the Saudi, in particular, are hard pressed to justify any sort of normalization afterward, the longer the war goes on, and the longer the flood of images comes out of Gaza, the less willing the Muslims of Arabia to find their rulers as legitimate, and the less willing they are to accept the "Fatwa" of the cleric to justify the government (we know that clerics in the Middle East is an extension of the state).

2.To obstruct the imminent "opening up" of the Islamic nations/people to Israel. And this is important if not the utmost important. even if they lose. I'll give you a textbook example:

In 1979, Juhayman Al Otaybi the descendant of the "Ikhwan" military movements, foreseeing the liberalization of Saudi Arabia into a Westernized society,

decided to storm the Kaaba with 400 of his men, occupying it, declaring the Saudi government and clerics as illegitimate, and turning the Kaaba into a battleground. In the end he lose, captured and executed.

800px-Juhayman_al-Otaibi.jpg

But he won, in the aftermath of Juhayman's assault on the Kaaba, the Westernization of Saudi Arabia came to a complete halt, not only did it come to a halt, the ensuing Government doubled down on enforcing puritanical Islam, and Juhayman's complaint about cinemas? It would have to wait for another 35 years for the Saudis to allow the first cinema to open in Saudi Arabia under King Salman. In short he won by losing everything.

The October 7th attack and the Israeli retaliation which as predicted will go after the innocent civilians will be saved in the collective memories of Arabs and Muslims, and we need it, because I (personally) want that Muslim's hate towards Israel not only need to be nurtured but it needs to be periodically expanded. And this is one way to do it. Do you think normal Muslims will accept "friendships" with israel after they saw videos of kids cut in half? Broadcasted to the world in full detail.

That "hate" must be maintained, until the reversal of fortune comes back to our side. And this is why again it is of the utmost importance for Hamas regardless of the outcome of the military matters to go ahead with the Assault.

I beg you to differ and reconsider, it took the US 2 weeks to expel the Taliban, and another 20 years is the time it took for the U.S to command ISAF, a military agglomeration of more than 50 countries to occupy, pin, corner, and bomb the Taliban into submission

ISAF was one of the largest coalitions in history and is NATO’s most challenging mission to date. At its height, the force was more than 130,000 strong, with troops from 51 NATO and partner nations.

Yet in 2021, the Taliban came back in full force in Kabul, had DefenceHub existed in 2001, I believe none of its members could foresee how a backward militant group that was expelled in 2 weeks from their capital and land, facing the largest military power on earth + its also formidable allies, could take back the seats of power 20 years later.

The same story also happens in Mali, where the French-led missions. once seemed formidable are now in tatters where local AQIM and ISIS-GS are now on the march everywhere in the Sahel. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a recent image of ISIS-GS convoys running around in motorbikes in broad daylight after supposedly getting pinned by France in the yesteryear.

Let's say Gaza is occupied, its people are swept into Sinai. Doesn't that mean more manpower for ISIS to attack Israel? Having ISIS in its South and Hezbollah on its North and these people will never live in peace, they will always live under the assumption that October 7th could come time and again. Also the less safe Egypt is, the harder for it to operate as a normal country, and generally, I want a less safe more militant Middle East because I see it as serving the long-term plan to annihilate the Zionists. In short, less safe Middle East, the better.

This is where we differ, your goal (and many here) is the preservation of the Palestinian state, and my goal is the destruction of Israel. That's why we differ on what is acceptable and what is not, what is painful and what's is a necessary pain.

Sometimes all it takes is a small spark of blood to give way to a much larger bloodbath that serves a larger political purpose.

If you look at the history of militancy in the Middle East and Africa, and tracing the thread back to where it started, it seems trivial. The deadly Boko haram and the ensuing Nigerian insurgency started because the Nigerian police shot some unknown clerics in Borno state, a backwater state in Nigeria.

Do you think there will be no repercussions after the Arabs/Muslims saw the image of entire people massacred in Gaza? Think again.

9/11

s_A0AE79177AE22FEDB3174BE4CB5E6C1B34787C78A411A18BEEE28632C821036C_1631293105745_01b.jpg

The most destructive and humiliating retreat of the U.S from the Middle East comes from this particular attack orchestrated by Bin Laden...after he saw the image of Lebanon bombed by Israel.

God knows it did not cross our minds to attack the towers but after the situation became unbearable and we witnessed the injustice and tyranny of the American-Israeli alliance against our people in Palestine and Lebanon,
As I watched the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it occurred to me punish the unjust the same way [and] to destroy towers in America so it could taste some of what we are tasting and to stop killing our children and women. (Bin Laden) (Source)

You might argue that post 9/11 destruction is disproportionately tilting towards Afghans, but if you look at the grand scheme of things, the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq in the aftermath of 9/11,Over those 20 years, the U.S essentially relinquished a significant portion of its capabilities as a major power.

Think about how many Arleigh Burke's, Zummwalts or F-22 raptors the U.S could procure had the Pentagon didn't shift priorities to small scale Middle East wars, how different it would look for the Ukrainian war effort had the U.S MIC didn't orient towards "Prada and Gucci" style procurement of artillery and weapons. And most importantly how differently the U.S military readiness is against neer peer state like China.

For pursuing vengeance post 9/11, the U.S achieves little but lost a lot.

The same with Israel now, for their pursue to punish Palestinians they have sealed the fate of their country and their childrens.

During the war in Afghanistan, the U.S flattened an entire village and all Taliban can celebrate is firing some mortars or planting IEDs hoping that an American will cross them. Who eventually won ?

As I said, the war in Gaza is an acceptable cost.
Yes, you are right. We differ in objectives. In your case there is no other way than that of the resistance operate out of Gaza.

As I said Gaza is a small territory for effective guerilla warfare. It is only 45km2 that can be surveilled 24/7 after control is established.

The examples you gave are very different. In the case of the guerilla warfare of Africa you have the vast deserts and thousands of kilometers of free movement. In Afghanistan you again have very good freedom of movement, remote villages and mountains.

The only alternative for a long term insurgency which would lead to something serious is the Palestinian resistance moving to its neighbors where they can use the freedom of movement, the terrain and business opportunities so they can lead an effective insurgency. Insurgency can not go on effectively when you are in an open prison of 45km2 and hundreds of thousands of military personnel that can be mobilized to act in these 45km2. That is also the reason for the Hamas leadership to be abroad for example. In Gaza you don't have any freedom, the risks are high, HUMINT networks are effective, technical intelligence means are effective because the area of responsibility is small.

Eventually the annihilation of the State of Israel can't come due to this insurgency. It will come to a conventional fight in which unity among Muslim countries should be achieved and military power level is reached to the state where US Carrier groups will not impress nobody. Otherwise together with the State of Israel the whole region will be sent to the stone age as if the situation of many of the Muslim countries particularly in the Middle East is not bad enough. When it comes to the future of a whole region, its generations of people and wealth you don't have the luxury to go all in if you know the chance of everything built till now just perish in a few years. Politics are formed over interest and pragmatism, not emotional bonds.

Who knows what the future will bring to us... Nothing is impossible. We are just discussing while the universe is moving in a way that even if we want can't predict.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,477
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Eventually the annihilation of the State of Israel can't come due to this insurgency. It will come to a conventional fight i

True, but the laying ground for such a scenario could be designed in advance by weakening the adversary state institutions through violence.

ISIS for example spent the most part of 2008-2012 engaged in low-intensity guerilla combat, weakening the Iraqi state and institutions before eventually launching a blitz all over Iraq in August 2014.

It's very fast for these insurgents to switch like a conventional army once the situation permits. This has been proven again and again, from Vietnam to the modern Middle East and Africa and very recently Myanmar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom