Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Actually, it's not a bad idea for Middle Eastern countries to leave their disagreements aside and at least start a civilian organization like EUTELSAT and operate their own communication satellite network. If we contract with global satellite developers/launchers together for all our comsat and infrastructure needs, we can have tremendous bargaining power and really bring down satellite and operating costs. And that's only one of the benefits.

Turkey can later use this platform to develop, sell and launch satellites for this existing market, much like what France has done in Europe.
There is ArabSat already though I think, and at this point relations between middle eastern countries are not in the best of state.

Market is already very crowded for SLV and will become even more crowded in next 10 years. I am not sure how successful Turkish SLV will be compared to others will already long established programs. This goes for any new company within 10 years. Only market I see for Turkish and others is launching indigenous satellites or satellites of allied nations which Turkey lacks very many of.

Last edited:
Y

Yoyo

There is ArabSat already though I think, and at this point relations between middle eastern countries are not in the best of state.

Market is already very crowded for SLV and will become even more crowded in next 10 years. I am not sure how successful Turkish SLV will be compared to others will already long established programs. This goes for any new company within 10 years. Only market I see for Turkish and others is launching indigenous satellites or satellites of allied nations which Turkey lacks very many of.
Europeans weren't always this cooperative either. Go back only a few decades, and they were committing all kinds of despicable atrocities to each other. Frankly, Middle Easter countries today are "best pals" in comparison to the Europeans then.

I know that thaere's Arabsat, I'm familiar with them. There's also Turksat. These are national operators. There are similar satellite operators in Europe. I gave EUTELSAT as an example because it's a multinational corporation that takes advantage of "economies of scale" like many other large European ventures. (MBDA, Airbus, Arianespace, etc to name a few)

The problem in the Middle East is that SOME very prominent leaders in charge of extremely rich countries have become complete Western lackeys and won't do what's right/necessary for regional peace, prosperity and cooperation.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
The problem in the Middle East is that SOME very prominent leaders in charge of extremely rich countries have become complete Western lackeys and won't do what's right/necessary for regional peace, prosperity and cooperation.
There is no right and wrong in this region, it is all in the eye of the beholder. You see it differently how others see it.

Y

Yoyo

There is no right and wrong in this region, it is all in the eye of the beholder. You see it differently how others see it.
I guess everyone's entitled to be a little nihilist at times but we all need to realize that as Middle Eastern countries and peoples our fates are intertwined and we cannot compete with the West and bring back our glory without thinking and acting in terms of a collective, inclusive, harmonious regional strategy that prioritizes the needs of the region as a whole over the interests of individual shieks, families and tribes.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
I guess everyone's entitled to be a little nihilist at times but we all need to realize that as Middle Eastern countries and peoples our fates are intertwined and we cannot compete with the West and bring back our glory without thinking and acting in terms of a collective, inclusive, harmonious regional strategy that prioritizes the needs of the region as a whole over the interests of individual shieks, families and tribes.
Middle East is not ready for democracy yet, these sheikhs, and kings, or whatever you like to call them are the best alternative to dictators for now and most Middle Easterners are dumb as monkeys when it comes to politics and will vote for any religious nutjob with horrible policies. The chance of the Middle East uniting under one common objective is right above zero and I don't see that changing. There will be no overcoming of loyalty to your closest people such as those you described, and most likely the region will stay in equilibrium or rapid decline for the next 500 years+.

Sad truth, but I must do my best to assess the likely situation of the Middle East.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
711665_680512.png

Naser Ashknani
Propulsion -Mechanical Engineering Student

2849ce8c677a4143a969aa1b37b59613_r6q66x.png

Sulieman Al-Fuhaid
Propulsion - Aerospace Engineer-SpaceX Intern

aea49f252ebe43808f750333baca0553_hdhqgo.jpg

Fahad Al-Fahad
Control - Computer Engineer

Y

Yoyo

Middle East is not ready for democracy yet, these sheikhs, and kings, or whatever you like to call them are the best alternative to dictators for now and most Middle Easterners are dumb as monkeys when it comes to politics and will vote for any religious nutjob with horrible policies. The chance of the Middle East uniting under one common objective is right above zero and I don't see that changing. There will be no overcoming of loyalty to your closest people such as those you described, and most likely the region will stay in equilibrium or rapid decline for the next 500 years+.
I will concede that the Middle East has a general cultural problem to tackle and people are too tribalistic. But unlike you, I do see a spark of hope, especially among the youth. Arab Spring showed us that people want change. Too bad there was a CIA scheme behind it and it didn't yield any democratic results. We ended up with dictator General Sisi in Egypt and where the Arab Spring should have hit the hardest, e.g. the Gulf States, it didn't even touch them at all because they continue to do America's/Israel's bidding.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
I will concede that the Middle East has a general cultural problem to tackle and people are too tribalistic. But unlike you, I do see a spark of hope, especially among the youth. Arab Spring showed us that people want change. Too bad there was a CIA scheme behind it and it didn't yield any democratic results. We ended up with dictator General Sisi in Egypt and where the Arab Spring should have hit the hardest, e.g. the Gulf States, it didn't even touch them at all because they continue to do America's/Israel's bidding.
The youth will become like these Westerners most likely, I have seen Turkish YouTube videos and seen women dressing wildly with septum rings, and dyed hair. Turkey is way ahead of Arab world culturally because of Ataturk probably. I fear if democracy spreads the youth will become like Lebanese or Turkish in terms of liberalism among Middle East and North Africa which will deteriorate society in the long run.

GCC general population never wanted democracy because the general people have loyalty to Al Saud Tribe and at the time were generally wealthy. In KSA and Bahrain the Shias were the ones protesting because they were oppressed.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,213
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kuwait is hands down one of the best Arab countries out there.
Despite being a monarchy, people of Kuwait have freedom of expression more than any other Arab country except for Qatar and Tunisia.
Kuwaitis are usually clean, knowledgable, and educated.
They give a lot of importance to arts and culture (not just for show), science and innovations.
I also have great respect for this country.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan

1614889757173.png

KSR-1 avionics
Designed & Built by Fahad Alfahad.

This module has:
* 4 voltage regulators
* 2 K-Type thermocouple inputs
* 5 analog inputs
* 3 12v outputs
* 2 diagnostic ports
* 2 ports to connect to the second layer
* Master power switch
* Battery management system
* Overcurrent protection
* Electrostatic discharge protection
* battery port
* 5 status LEDs

123480438_151504853355102_7300070004350909522_n.jpg

123330446_2813216432286853_8097788100895893466_n.jpg

CAD model of the KSR-1A Rocket.

Total Length: 2.09 m
Diameter: 12.7 cm
Empty Mass: 12 kg
Thrust: 529 N
Burn Time: 16.9s

Next mission will be a 5km test flight.

125269146_693753078188594_5671959336056521939_n.jpg

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
KSR-1 is intended to be a test vehicle for the development of KSR-2, the goal of which is to reach space. As such, all the major components and technologies that are expected to be used in KSR-1B & KSR-2 are present in KSR-1.

KSR-1b is a planned liquid bipropellant launch vehicle .It is the second installment of the KSR Rocket Family, composed of a single stage, fueled by Nitrous Oxide and Methanol.

KSR-1B is an R&D rocket used to develop the KSR-2 engine. The rocket will have a altitude of around 30km.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom