Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,488
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is big!

Nour Ad-Din al-Zenki and Maghawir Ash-Sham officially joined the Syrian National Army under the names of Brigade 19 and 7th Division.

1709132241821.png

Meanwhile the tension in Idlib is very high. While SAA intensified its FPV drone attacks there are protests calling for the overthrowing of Joulani which are going on in many places around Idlib. It is revealed that many military commanders previously arrested by Joulani are tortured and only a couple days before a military commander died in prison.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,488
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
How many fighters do they have left after the splinters, HTS beating them and infighting of the last few years?
If I have to be fair, I don't know bro. There were so many clashes, defections etc that I can hardly keep track on numbers of the groups.

Every week there's always something happening with these groups. No stability at all, they remind me of drama queens and reading their statements they sound like some primadonnas. I can hardly understand who's who, let alone numbers 😅

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,515
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Idlib and surrounding areas was a country, it would be classed as a lawless failed state by now, almost like a 80s Liberia. What we are doing is too small and is not doing anything to alleviate the big problems. No future deals on the horizon as well. With no jobs and economy to speak of in the region, it will slowly build up and be a powder keg ready to blow up in time. So sad.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,630
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Idlib and surrounding areas was a country, it would be classed as a lawless failed state by now, almost like a 80s Liberia. What we are doing is too small and is not doing anything to alleviate the big problems. No future deals on the horizon as well. With no jobs and economy to speak of in the region, it will slowly build up and be a powder keg ready to blow up in time. So sad.

It is a vector for radicalization and permeates the border.

Also nour al zenki, isn't this the group with the fighters that beheaded a child ?

The graphic video is still on social media, disgusting

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,014
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ottomans ruled Iraq and Syria for like 400 years.

Due to their iron fist approach while Turkiye cant even handle Idlib.

Solution: Iron Fist Rule. Democracy or liberalism bs does not work in these regions.

Also stop trying to be diplomatic about it.

mehmed beg

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
It is a vector for radicalization and permeates the border.

Also nour al zenki, isn't this the group with the fighters that beheaded a child ?

The graphic video is still on social media, disgusting
Oh I see , you were busy finding some dirt on the people that you don't like. Hence , there is no your comment on the first flight of KAAN , but since you are so critical, can you inform us what do you think, because this is a forum not a monologue.
Oh , I forgot, actually you don't have particular options, you have what you dislike. This is cruel cruel world, it refuses to be the way you like it. That's perfect in other words.
???? Any opinion of your own?

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,488
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
As we already know the RuAF carried airstrike against HTS supported groups around Al-Bab. Targets in Kudeyran, Tarhin, Jabal Al Dayr were hit.

One of the targets that was hit was the HQ of HTS supported Ahrar Awlan group and it is reported that the commander responsible for the logistics of the base, Khader Ibn Abu Askar was killed in the strike.

1709222150374.png

I want to remind of the TSK operation in Kudeyran where TSK reportedly seized explosives and military equipment that was prepared to be used by Ahrar Awlan against SNA in Turkish controlled areas. Later many members of Ahrar Awlan were expelled to Idlib. I think the RuAF hit the same HQ of Ahrar Awlan that TSK raided earlier in Kudeyran. They basically sorted out our dirty job. Otherwise TSK had to strike them and this would've created big tension between TSK and HTS.

Another big news is that MIT arrested a member of the Sultan Muhammad Al-Fatah Division named Salah Ad-Din Al-Yusuf because of charges on blackmail and spreading false information in social media.

1709223500058.png

Next to this I think we got the biggest news in the last months if true. Speculations are spread, saying that Abu Mariya Al-Qahtani is going to be released from Joulani prison today! He was the 2nd in command of HTS, accused of cooperation with foreign intelligence services (Coalition, MIT) and organizing a military coup against Joulani in Idlib. After he was arrested, series of arrests were carried out, arresting prominent military commanders, media officials, notorious religious figures etc. Some of them died in prison under torture while some of them are getting released for some time now. He was tightly connected to Abu Ahmad Zakkour which took a refuge in Azez where HTS intelligence raided his compound and tried to arrest him. Reportedly MIT and the Military Police saved him from HTS, getting hands on Zakkour by force.

1709224051275.png

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,630
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
As we already know the RuAF carried airstrike against HTS supported groups around Al-Bab. Targets in Kudeyran, Tarhin, Jabal Al Dayr were hit.

One of the targets that was hit was the HQ of HTS supported Ahrar Awlan group and it is reported that the commander responsible for the logistics of the base, Khader Ibn Abu Askar was killed in the strike.

View attachment 66170

I want to remind of the TSK operation in Kudeyran where TSK reportedly seized explosives and military equipment that was prepared to be used by Ahrar Awlan against SNA in Turkish controlled areas. Later many members of Ahrar Awlan were expelled to Idlib. I think the RuAF hit the same HQ of Ahrar Awlan that TSK raided earlier in Kudeyran. They basically sorted out our dirty job. Otherwise TSK had to strike them and this would've created big tension between TSK and HTS.

Another big news is that MIT arrested a member of the Sultan Muhammad Al-Fatah Division named Salah Ad-Din Al-Yusuf because of charges on blackmail and spreading false information in social media.

View attachment 66171

Next to this I think we got the biggest news in the last months if true. Speculations are spread, saying that Abu Mariya Al-Qahtani is going to be released from Joulani prison today! He was the 2nd in command of HTS, accused of cooperation with foreign intelligence services (Coalition, MIT) and organizing a military coup against Joulani in Idlib. After he was arrested, series of arrests were carried out, arresting prominent military commanders, media officials, notorious religious figures etc. Some of them died in prison under torture while some of them are getting released for some time now. He was tightly connected to Abu Ahmad Zakkour which took a refuge in Azez where HTS intelligence raided his compound and tried to arrest him. Reportedly MIT and the Military Police saved him from HTS, getting hands on Zakkour by force.

View attachment 66172

It seems that this was the result of intelligence sharing with Russia, it can't be a coincidence.

I assume MIT and TSK are working alone and not in with the Syrian Interim Government in these matters ?

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,488
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
It seems that this was the result of intelligence sharing with Russia, it can't be a coincidence.

I assume MIT and TSK are working alone and not in with the Syrian Interim Government in these matters ?
Basically Russia don't need MIT intelligence to identify any target within our controlled areas. The Syrian Muhabberat is one of the most developed intelligence services when it comes to HUMINT in the whole Middle East, military reconnaissance and surveillance are also not hard to do in the area. There are no secrets there. While they don't need MIT intelligence I won't eliminate the chance for a joint operation too.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,488
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is a very intense activity by HRE/PKK and YPG/PKK around Tal Rifat and Manbij for some time. Bombing is becoming a normal thing and this is the reason I don't share content on the event.

Basically HRE suffered multiple casualties today in result of failed infiltration attempts.

Also this morning the Regime attacked 10 targets in Darat Izza and 2 in Benin with FPV drones. Around the same time Turkish UCAVs targeted Manbij and Tal Rifat 3 times.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,488
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
It was speculated 2-3 days earlier that Abu Mariya Al-Qahtani was released from Julani prisons. This is speculated to be a recent photo of him and it is implied that he is well with his family. His Telegram page was also reactivated, but reportedly under supervision from HTS.

1709854584134.png

Meanwhile protests are continuing all around Idlib against Joulani and HTS. For the past 1-2 week the situation everywhere is like the one below. Many revolutionary figures called for a massive protest against Joulani tomorrow after the Jummah prayer tomorrow. Some local accounts claim that events with big importance will happen in the next few days especially after Al-Qahtani is out.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,630
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Former US ambassador to Turkey JAMES F. JEFFREY: "In #Syria, the United States should maintain its forces, withdrawing only when the underlying Syrian situation that led to their deployment improves. As an interim measure, Washington should work with Ankara on a reduced, sustainable American presence and more stable relations between the United States, Turkey, and America’s Kurdish-led allies."

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,488
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Approximately 35 attacks using FPV were recorded in Syria's Idlib region in February. It was also noted that a point 10 km away from the front line was targeted with FPV UAVs. These developments pose a serious threat to the Turkish Armed Forces in the region.

Today, there was an FPV drone on the Turkish Armed Forces base near Kansafra in the south of Idlib by Assad regime militants supported by Iran and Russia. The danger is growing.

Regime militias carried out an FPV-kamikaze drone attack on the Kafr Nuran village in the west of Aleppo this morning, and a civilian driving a tractor was targeted.

What I can't grasp is that we are talking FPVs for at least a year now. We were talking day and night that one day these will get in Syria and Turkish soldiers will be targeted by FPVs just as Ukrainian and Russian soldiers are targeted by them in Ukraine. What TSK did and especially the Land Forces (the backbone of TSK) to reinforce its bases against this threat in this time period? Nothing! Even simple systems can be effective against them, but instead TSK as always is waiting for martyrs to come to just even consider a solution.

The Land Forces must be liberated of this lameness, lack of vision, lack of perception, lack of solution and disregard for human life! PERIOD! Apart of some of the countries from the former Warsaw Pact I am not sure if there is a more stubborn, lame, inelastic and visionless Land Forces in NATO apart from the Turkish Land Forces. The second biggest in NATO! This is the MKE of TSK. We need new people with vision ASAP!

Politics? Yes, politics has a role, but what we are talking here right now is the lack of reaction of the armed forces. Many people here don't know how many martyrs we gave from Tal Rifat in result of ATGM attacks while TSK was scratching its balls sending condolences left and right. What was the solution? The construction of a simple dirt/sand barrier on the side of a road. A simple dirt barrier, God damn it! Now, I am letting you gamble on the number of martyrs that will make TSK to even consider taking a measure against even a deadlier threat which are the FPV drones. I say 5-7... at least. As Hulusi Akar loved to say in the past "Misliyle".

What one of the leading OSINT analyzers is saying on the situation:

"A test of patience, nothing else. We worked our ass off for a precaution, we worked our ass off so a countermeasure can be taken, but the result is disappointment. This is how Russia & the Regime's attacks begin, first slowly and then collectively. What will happen is one yesterday, two today and another one tomorrow. You will see! F**k this kind of policy!"

Meanwhile MoFA, MIT chief and the MoND met. There are some signals that we may expect a limited operation in Syria soon. Most probably we are talking about areas under Russian domination. YPG sources report that the Turkish-Russian patrols are not being conducted for at least 4 months now. An operation in Iraq is a 100%, but the situation on Syria is still not clear. Maybe we can expect a large scale airstrikes again within the same opening with the operations in the north of Iraq and after that we shall see.

MhhJA

Reactions
2 253
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
We have experienced the same thing for God knows how many times. WHY ARE WE WAITING UNTIL OUR SOLDIERS SUFFER CASUALTIES ?
We have to strike them preemptively, why are we the ones trying to stick to the rules while nobody else is.

Top Bottom