TR UAV/UCAV Programs | Anka - series | Kızılelma | TB - series

M

Manomed

E_jSoEoXIAAID4u
Pictures taken seconds before disasters

M

Manomed

I really hope that they're working on integrating A2A missiles on our UCAV's. I think it's of paramount importance that they're tested thoroughly as we don't know when we are going to get Hürjet or TFX.

We have a timeline for delivery and such, but when I look at the disappointment of TS1400 not having a military variant even a prototype T129 with the engine. I don't have much hope for delivery on time.

Which means that our UCAV must be capable of aerial battles/skirmishes.

Russian Air-to-air missiles:
  • 8 × R-27ER/ET - 253 kg/39 kg warhead, 4 m, 230mm dia, range 73km
  • R-40 - 475 kg/38-100 kg warhead, 5,9-6,3 m, 310mm dia, range 80km
  • R-60 - 44 kg/3kg warhead, 2,1 m, 120mm dia, range 8 km
  • 6 × R-73E - 105 kg/7,4 kg warhead, 2,9 m, 165mm dia, range 30-40 km
  • 12 × R-77M/P/T - 175 kg/22,5 kg warhead, 3,6 m, 200mm dia, range 80-120 km
  • 6 × R-74 - 105 kg/ 7,5 kg warhead, 2,9 m, 165mm dia, range 30-40 km

I think the last 3 missiles on the list would be the most optimal for any kind of A2A combat, so hopefully Akinci, Aksungur and Anka will be able to use such missiles. Here I am hoping that Roketsan can deliver same weight warhead and range on a smaller overall weight.

I have mixed feelings about the R-60 which is equivalent to Cirit 1,9m 15kg/ 3kg warhead, 70mm dia, range 8 km as I don't think it's range is enough, but is nevertheless impressive.

The AIM family has quite a few (AIM-9 range 85kg, 3m, range 35 km), but I like the AIM-120 AMRAAM which have different variants but covers range from 55-160km and weights around 152 kg (plus it's more modern and better than the R-77).
Why should turkish drones use shitty Russian AA missiles?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I really hope that they're working on integrating A2A missiles on our UCAV's. I think it's of paramount importance that they're tested thoroughly as we don't know when we are going to get Hürjet or TFX.

We have a timeline for delivery and such, but when I look at the disappointment of TS1400 not having a military variant even a prototype T129 with the engine. I don't have much hope for delivery on time.

Which means that our UCAV must be capable of aerial battles/skirmishes.

Russian Air-to-air missiles:
  • 8 × R-27ER/ET - 253 kg/39 kg warhead, 4 m, 230mm dia, range 73km
  • R-40 - 475 kg/38-100 kg warhead, 5,9-6,3 m, 310mm dia, range 80km
  • R-60 - 44 kg/3kg warhead, 2,1 m, 120mm dia, range 8 km
  • 6 × R-73E - 105 kg/7,4 kg warhead, 2,9 m, 165mm dia, range 30-40 km
  • 12 × R-77M/P/T - 175 kg/22,5 kg warhead, 3,6 m, 200mm dia, range 80-120 km
  • 6 × R-74 - 105 kg/ 7,5 kg warhead, 2,9 m, 165mm dia, range 30-40 km

I think the last 3 missiles on the list would be the most optimal for any kind of A2A combat, so hopefully Akinci, Aksungur and Anka will be able to use such missiles. Here I am hoping that Roketsan can deliver same weight warhead and range on a smaller overall weight.

I have mixed feelings about the R-60 which is equivalent to Cirit 1,9m 15kg/ 3kg warhead, 70mm dia, range 8 km as I don't think it's range is enough, but is nevertheless impressive.

The AIM family has quite a few (AIM-9 range 85kg, 3m, range 35 km), but I like the AIM-120 AMRAAM which have different variants but covers range from 55-160km and weights around 152 kg (plus it's more modern and better than the R-77).
With all due respect, Russian missiles aren’t as good as they are specified.
During recent Pakistani skirmishes Indians have found that the amraam aim120C-5 missiles had quite a bit more range than their Russian R77s. More over a very large percentage of the R77 missiles were defective. Now they are buying Israeli I-Derby/ER missiles for their Su30 planes.
I had rather see Gokdogan-ER with dual pulse engines on our UCAVs.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-india-doesn’t-its-russian-made-missiles-63931

E

Elaser

It is more than just private sector. Selcuk is Turkish Elon Musk just like Demirag, Hurkus, Divarci etc etc. But this time no tolerance for saboteurs...
For those who laugh about my post I quote Haluk:

As in the past, there may be those who oppose the groundbreaking developments in every field, who make crackling noises and who slander. Obstacles and those who want to intimidate will never end.

But we know that now Turkey can't stand the Nuri Demirağ story of "we burn but we don't sell planes abroad" and whose factories were closed.

He can't stand the experience of Şakir Zümre, who was forced to produce stove pipes while manufacturing aircraft bombs, or Nuri Kıllıgil, who was martyred in an explosion in his factory.

We know that there are millions of patriots who will raise their voice against the loneliness of Vecihi Hürkuş, who was imprisoned and stopped because he flew the plane he developed without a certificate.

We do not have the slightest flexibility against the recurrence of these and similar events. We will stand against obstructions and intimidation policies with all our might. In the past, we lost a lot of time because of the obstacles to development and progress.

At that time, the square was left to agents and distributors. But Turkey can no longer lose another hundred years. In the information age, there is no need for agents or distributors. Because in the information age, products do not meet with intermediaries as in the past, but directly and without intermediaries.

That is why the vision of #MilliTeknolojiAmlesi is indispensable for the strong and independent future of this country. The vision of nationalization, which has been realized in every field, is indispensable for Turkey, which will advance towards a strong future for these reasons.

Therefore, as @sahaistanbul, we will continue to work with all our strength for our sector and SMEs with the awareness of our responsibility towards our country.

nakaFH

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Without a catapult It can't take off this is pure for propaganda
In fact, it is difficult to say this decision.
But we should know that for short takeoff distance;
* Thrust/weight ratio (bigger better)
* Wing area (wider better)
* Flap area (bigger) and angle (wider better)
* Slope of runway ( %2 downward %5 short runway length
* Sea level has advantage for engine performance (high air density)
* Ground effect shortens take off length and increase wing load effectivity
* Composite clever manufacturing technics (less weight) increase thrust weight ratio and help to reach take off speed early
* Engine modification (takeoff thrust increase by the help of fuel consumption) for better takeoff thrust with high afterburner effect...

So, I think Selçuk Bayraktar and his valuable team already has known detail info for designing an UCAV better than us with huge amount of design knowledge and good experience level.

We should better be patient to say negative comments...

Last edited:
M

Manomed

In fact, it is difficult to say this decision.
But we should know that for short takeoff distance;
* Thrust/weight ratio (bigger better)
* Wing area (wider better)
* Flap area (bigger) and angle (wider better)
* Slope of runway ( %2 downward %5 short runway length
* Sea level has advantage for engine performance (high air density)
* Ground effect shortens take off length and increase wing load effectivity
* Composite clever manufacturing technics (less weight) increase thrust weight ratio and help to reach take off speed early
* Engine modification (takeoff thrust increase by the help of fuel consumption) for better takeoff thrust with high afterburner effect...

So, I think Selçuk Bayraktar and his valuable team already has known detail info for designing an UCAV better than us with huge amount of design knowledge and good experience level.

We should better be patient to say negative comments...
Just saying TB3 can't get off from a ski jump even the F-18 has hard times getting up from ski jumps how in the hell mius a Jet that can't even get to mach one will take off?

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,537
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just saying TB3 can't get off from a ski jump even the F-18 has hard times getting up from ski jumps how in the hell mius a Jet that can't even get to mach one will take off?
You seem to be a dude who likes to share his opinions as fact.

Remember, everything is "impossible" until someone comes and shows that the impossible is not impossible.

M

Manomed

You seem to be a dude who likes to share his opinions as fact.

Remember, everything is "impossible" until someone comes and shows that the impossible is not impossible.
There is a possibility for MIUS how but Im still not sure about TB3

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,739
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why should turkish drones use shitty Russian AA missiles?

With all due respect, Russian missiles aren’t as good as they are specified.
During recent Pakistani skirmishes Indians have found that the amraam aim120C-5 missiles had quite a bit more range than their Russian R77s. More over a very large percentage of the R77 missiles were defective. Now they are buying Israeli I-Derby/ER missiles for their Su30 planes.
I had rather see Gokdogan-ER with dual pulse engines on our UCAVs.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-india-doesn’t-its-russian-made-missiles-63931
I used the Russian A2A missile as an example and for comparison to what range, warhead, speed the UCAV like Akinci, Aksungur etc should be able to launch. I am well aware of that not all Russian missiles perform up to western standards or our expectations.

Which is also why I mentioned the AIM at the end of my post. But long story short we need a family of A2A missiles that can be launched from our UAV's

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The multi-environment teaming of manned and unmanned vehicles and the integrated operation of homogeneous/heterogeneous swarms enable new possibilities in combat doctrines, requiring strong and secure data links, strong situational awareness and high autonomy.
NEXTGENTHEATRE.png

AREYOUREADY.png

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aselsan ARI-1T

1632128968535.png

ARI.png

Work continues on the integration of the base station developed by Turkcell into the ARI-1T System in order to serve in such situations where cell phone access is limited in rural areas.
BB.png

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Baykar should produce commercial drones for civilian sector ... With their reputation and experience ..they will dominate the market

Trakya_forever

Committed member
Reactions
4 572
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
With 5kg maximum payload, it is written laser designator in its features (Baykar Diha) Is it possible?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom