Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Ahmed Mujtaba of Pakistan versus Rahul Raja of India. Enjoy .....

Ahmed also known as Wolverine.

1612537495159.png

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Well, this was brutal demonstration of physics laws and how to use them against opponent.
Not great expert in mma fights and want to ask if there is some influence of aikido as the final move of this lad reminds me on that martial art, of course disregarding his punch.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Well, this was brutal demonstration of physics laws and how to use them against opponent.
Not great expert in mma fights and want to ask if there is some influence of aikido as the final move of this lad reminds me on that martial art, of course disregarding his punch.
Yes, MMA is Mixed Martial Arts and draws from boxing, wrestling, judo, jujitsu, karate and others. As is typical with Pakistani's do you notice Mujtaba point up to say victory belongs to Allah and then proceeds to prostate on the ground.

I guess it is as close to a raw street fight where anything goes ...

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
4 3,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
A nice knock out but what does a fight between individual fighters even have to do with “Pakistan vs India”?

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
A nice knock out but what does a fight between individual fighters even have to do with “Pakistan vs India”?
Did you see Ahmed Mujtaba wrapped in Pakistani flag? Need I say more.

Pre-fight interview.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
4 3,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
Yes I saw the flag on his neck and it’s quite common for fighters to celebrate with their flags before or after a fight yet it’s still just a fight for some small organization that I haven’t heard of before now. 😂
Don’t you understand how stupid and pointless it is to turn some MMA fight like that into a Holly War against India or whatever? It’s not like after that win of Ahmad all Pakistanis are now richer, more powerful and with 4” longer dicks or something.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Yes I saw the flag on his neck and it’s quite common for fighters to celebrate with their flags before or after a fight yet it’s still just a fight for some small organization that I haven’t heard of before now. 😂
Don’t you understand how stupid and pointless it is to turn some MMA fight like that into a Holly War against India or whatever? It’s not like after that win of Ahmad all Pakistanis are now richer, more powerful and with 4” longer dicks or something.
Agreed. It's sports. National pride. Like when Azerbaijan won the war Turks were happy. It was not like Turks sprouted extra inches or got rich. Ditto like in soccer when teams win it's not like the spectators or team supporters get taller or richer. Indeed they pay out of their backsides for club strips and out of noses for tickets. The payers do get filthy rich. This is how sport is. It's a primeval tribal instinct. And when it comes to Pak v India it's all gloves off.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
4 3,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
Agreed. It's sports. National pride. Like when Azerbaijan won the war Turks were happy. It was not like Turks sprouted extra inches or got rich. Ditto like in soccer when teams win it's not like the spectators or team supporters get taller or richer. Indeed they pay out of their backsides for club strips and out of noses for tickets. The payers do get filthy rich. This is how sport is. It's a primeval tribal instinct. And when it comes to Pak v India it's all gloves off.

Karabakh is something completely different than any sport- it was an actual war of our brothers against a common enemy where actual blood was spilled and lives were lost for land.

Also national team games in popular sports (cricket for you or football for us), bear a much bigger importance than an individual MMA fight for a franchise nobody heard about in fighting sports. 😀

“Filthy hindu cow worshipper, look how the Pakistani warrior smashed the skull of your guy!”... sounds like 13 years old kids arguing.

Zapper

Experienced member
Reactions
10 765
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Agreed. It's sports. National pride. Like when Azerbaijan won the war Turks were happy. It was not like Turks sprouted extra inches or got rich. Ditto like in soccer when teams win it's not like the spectators or teaYoum supporters get taller or richer. Indeed they pay out of their backsides for club strips and out of noses for tickets. The payers do get filthy rich. This is how sport is. It's a primeval tribal instinct. And when it comes to Pak v India it's all gloves off.
That's more for team sports and it's ridiculous to compare an active war with some random sport. Regarding MMA, it was always about individual fighters. For instance, Mayweather's fights with McGregor or Pacquiao were never termed as USA vs Ireland or USA vs Philippines. It was always about individuals but if this kinda comparison makes you sleep better at night...so be it. One reason Khabib's fight got out of proportion is McGregor abusing Islam and Khabib's dad. Nevertheless, our sporting records and sporting scene are way ahead of yours

Last edited by a moderator:

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Yes, MMA is Mixed Martial Arts and draws from boxing, wrestling, judo, jujitsu, karate and others. As is typical with Pakistani's do you notice Mujtaba point up to say victory belongs to Allah and then proceeds to prostate on the ground.

I guess it is as close to a raw street fight where anything goes ...
I noticed that very well, even if i not it also belongs to Allah, i respect Ali, Khabib and this guy among all others heritage and acknowledgment as sign of personal virtue and great role models for lncoming lost generations but do not like to brag about it, you know what i mean great guys and all but respect some boundaris and avoid ego boosting, even with online praising :)

You are right, indeed street fighting in this format, i just reffered on what his final move reminded me, evasion and counter move was somehow reminder of my aikido lessons disregarding final punch, but i suppose nature of your thread is not intended in this direction, which i do not mind at all :)

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Karabakh is something completely different than any sport- it was an actual war of our brothers against a common enemy where actual blood was spilled and lives were lost for land.

Also national team games in popular sports (cricket for you or football for us), bear a much bigger importance than an individual MMA fight for a franchise nobody heard about in fighting sports. 😀

“Filthy hindu cow worshipper, look how the Pakistani warrior smashed the skull of your guy!”... sounds like 13 years old kids arguing.
Clearly your not catching on what I am saying. No idea what a dodgy comment by some idiot is supposed to mean but anyway this is getting tedious. Have nice evening.

Saiyan0321

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan

Pakistan's Ahmed Mujtaba knocks out Indian fighter in 56 seconds in MMA bout

Pakistan's Ahmed Mujtaba aka Wolverine defeated India's Rahul Raju aka The Kerala Krusher in only 56 seconds in the first round of the mixed martial arts (MMA) competition ONE Championship at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Friday.

According to a report on the championship's website, Mujtaba landed the first blow shortly after the athletes touched gloves as he delivered a well-aimed kick on Raju's lead leg. Without wasting any time, he came in again, hoping to land a punch but Raju deflected it.

The Kerala Krusher then bounced back, hoping to regain momentum but Mujtaba disrupted any such plan by landing another kick. Raju again "came forward with a pawing jab and then a wild overhand right" but Mujtaba blocked it and backed away.
The two men circled each other for the next few seconds simultaneously landing strongside roundhouse kicks to the legs. Pakistan's Wolverine tried to keep up the pressure on the Indian athlete with a three-piece boxing combo which was deflected by Raju.

After the failed attempt, Mujtaba circled back to the centre to reset himself. Seeing this as an opportunity, The Kerala Krusher "lunged forward with an uppercut to the body, but Wolverine jumped back to avoid the powerful shot".

The Krusher, however, refused to back down and launched a wild overhand right that was not only avoided by Pakistan's Wolverine but was countered with a "picture-perfect overhand right to the chin" that apparently disoriented the Indian athlete.

The blow put the match firmly on Mujtaba's side who landed a short right that sealed his victory.

"The referee officially stopped the contest after 56 seconds of the first round, giving Mujtaba his third win on the global stage and elevating his overall record to 10-2," the report said.

In a video released on Twitter after the fight, Mujtaba said he had "fulfilled my promise" to win the fight, dedicating it to his Kashmiri brethren.

"I dedicate this fight to all my Kashmiri brothers, Kashmiri people, and the soldiers of the Pakistan Army, to my people and my fans around the world. God willing, we will continue to win and continue to wave Pakistan's flag."

According to ONE Championship, Mujtaba had started off in the competition in the featherweight category but had later moved to his more natural weight class for the match with Raju.

Pakistan and India had earlier clashed in the championship in November 2019. Raju had won that match by submitting Pakistan's Furqan Cheema in the second round.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
"I dedicate this fight to all my Kashmiri brothers, Kashmiri people, and the soldiers of the Pakistan Army, to my people and my fans around the world. God willing, we will continue to win and continue to wave Pakistan's flag."
Mashallah. What can any Pakistani patriot say?

Now here is the annoying and sad part. While there are 1,000s on 1,000s of lazy, fat, ugly things parked leaching off the off the government in such entities like PIA, PS causing the national exchequer billions in losses poor guys like Mujtaba struggle to put food on the table.

Here is a fact. In Pakistan's lesser developed regions, particularly on the highlands around Quetta there is enormous sporting talent waiting to explode on the world scene. Maybe a Maradona, a Mohammed Ali, the next Roger Federer.

The high plataeu region, harsh climate [freezing cold in winter/scorching hot in summer], thinner air, eographic location that was histories conflict zone has left behind a genetic pool with latent warrior/sport potential. I include the ethnic Mongol Hazara's in this who are gifted football players. Short height, low centre of gravity, powerfull legs, huge explosive speed are ingredients of football talent. Maradona exhibited that.

But all that talent is wasted at the moment. The Government needs to set up a fund that scouts and the sponsors talent. Far me far greater pride would be gleaned when Pakistan sports a world class football team rather than parading nuclear missile on the parade ground.

In the modern world wars have become less common. Nations now compete o the sport, economic, political and media arenas. Pakistan could make a mark on the world of boxing. Amir khan already did but as you know he is a British national. Tennis, Football and those Kabbadi players should be pushed to play Rugby instead of wasting time on a little known sport. The polo teams from north should be competing in international equestrian sports.

Personally I hate cricket. It has sucked the life out of all other sports.

Even the females are talented

Last edited:

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yup, Hazara girl of Pakistan also won gold medal Taekwondo in Asian Games 2018, Jakarta-Palembang

1612683005423.png

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Did you see Ahmed Mujtaba wrapped in Pakistani flag? Need I say more.

Pre-fight interview.

Wow what a punch. This is similiar to how Azerbaijani chess grandmaster Teimur Radjabov defeated his Armenian counterpart. He dropped tears out of joy. I agree that these are sports but they get extra meaning/tensity when the countries of the contesters are in conflict. As long as it is fair play I have no problem with that. Kudos to Pakistani fighter.
Note: He indeed looks like Wolverine :D

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
For those who are wondering what are Hazara. They a ethnic community mostly found around Quetta who are the remains of Genghiz Khan's invasions in this part of the world and hail from what is now Kazakhistan/Mongolia region. Most are Shia Muslims and have sadly become centre of the Sunni/Shia sectarian strife.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
For those who are wondering what are Hazara. They a ethnic community mostly found around Quetta who are the remains of Genghiz Khan's invasions in this part of the world and hail from what is now Kazakhistan/Mongolia region. Most are Shia Muslims and have sadly become centre of the Sunni/Shia sectarian strife.
Yeah, I know them. They came from Afghanistan after a massacre right?

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Wow what a punch. This is similiar to how Azerbaijani chess grandmaster Teimur Radjabov defeated his Armenian counterpart. He dropped tears out of joy. I agree that these are sports but they get extra meaning/tensity when the countries of the contesters are in conflict. As long as it is fair play I have no problem with that. Kudos to Pakistani fighter.
Note: He indeed looks like Wolverine :D
Thanks mate. Pakistan and India have had three wars. Even as we post now there is the line running through divided Kashmir called LOC where soldiers from both sides are dug in and regularly firefights break out. Men die. This is 70 years of rivalry. All this spills into sport.

For example in cricket both countries would lose to anybody but lose against each other is not on the table. The present Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan was a cricket captain in his younger years. He talks of how in his career when the team lost in India they chartered flight back to Pakistan in the early hours so they could land at the airport and go hide at home because such was the pressure from the public. Listen to this to get idea.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom