Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

7ID installs solar-powered communication equipment in far-flung detachments​

7id-installs-solar-powered-communication-equipment-in-far-flung-detachments-3.jpg

The 7th Infantry Division installed, during the last quarter of 2021, solar-powered Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSAT) in four remote detachments that will benefit troops and communities in the hinterlands.

The division deployed Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSAT) to far-flung detachments in Lacub, Abra; San Luis, Aurora; Doña Remedios Trinidad, Bulacan; and Carranglan, Nueva Ecija.

The VSAT will provide connectivity to troops in far-flung areas and benefit communities surrounding the detachments, 7ID Commander Maj. Gen. Andrew D. Costelo said.

Enhancing the capabilities of Army units nationwide is one of three thrusts cited by Commanding General, Philippine Army (CGPA) Lt. Gen. Romeo S. Brawner, Jr.
“By providing a stable communication line between our remote patrol bases and battalion headquarters, these equipment will boost the operational capability of our troops,” the CGPA remarked.

#ServingthePeopleSecuringtheLand
#PhilippineArmy
#ParaSaBayan

I think this is a smart move. I do believe that they need to build a cover for it from reinforced concrete as I imagine natural disasters could destroy the equipment if not protected.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom