Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,938
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Post anything of prototype or concept small arms.

From picture to specifications. Videos will be great too. Here is mine.

images

HK G11

Here is a video of it from Forgotten Weapons.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,938
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Steyr ACR up there as my favourite protoypes such a shame it never went into production.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,938
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

OICW was once touted as the future weapon for infantry.

Largely abandoned due to wide range of factors. Interesting concept but far from practical.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,938
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
DAEWOO K11 in service with Korean Army, however in 2019, the Board of Audit and Inspection of Korea notified the Defense Acquisition Program Administration to completely suspend the K11 project, citing a lack of accuracy and various defects

China also uses a OICW like weapon called the QTS 11 I think in limited numbers.

Yeah the Koreans tookover the OICW concept even adopted it in limited numbers but it seems they suspended the k11 program due to defects. Some soldiers complained how it was heavy so they used it as a squad weapon.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
China also uses a OICW like weapon called the QTS 11 I think in limited numbers.

Yeah the Koreans tookover the OICW concept even adopted it in limited numbers but it seems they suspended the k11 program due to defects. Some soldiers complained how it was heavy so they used it as a squad weapon.

Turkish small arms companies should develop/experiment with new calibers (like 6.5mm) and platforms like (SCAR, G36, ACR).

Aim for a cost effective, low-weight, accurate rifle. Mostly for mountain brigade and special forces use.

We need to become a country that defines new trends in small arms industry

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,938
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish small arms companies should develop/experiment with new calibers (like 6.5mm) and platforms like (SCAR, G36, ACR).

Aim for a cost effective, low-weight, accurate rifle. Mostly for mountain brigade and special forces use.

We need to become a country that defines new trends in small arms industry

I agree so much to be honest. Innovation is the way of the future.

It would be awesome to have a force of infantry that tests all the new innovations or new prototypes alone.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I agree so much to be honest. Innovation is the way of the future.

It would be awesome to have a force of infantry that tests all the new innovations or new prototypes alone.

MKE (Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corporation) needs to become a tech company and act as a incubation company to mature small private companies similar to Aselsan. Aselsan used to work with few local private companies, now its works with hundreds of local private companies. Many of them exists thanks to Aselsan, some of them became big enough to compete in the international stage.

Land Forces needs to have a bigger emphasis on R&D.

I get angry when thinking about this topic because we have serious brain drain issue. Talented/possibly talented people going to waste.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,938
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

HK G11 being fired.

Seriously i think caseless ammo and flechette rounds to be experimented by the Turks.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,938
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

The Cancelled XM25 weapon.

Innovative but fell short in becoming a standard weapon due to weight and defect issues. Could have been improved over time but as usual politicians cut the program due to minor military cuts in the US military.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,938
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Im going to post more about WW1 prototype small arms. Interesting how in modern warfare a lot of our advances comes from WW1. Eventhough such experiments existed before ww1. But WW1 itself basically led to greater emphasis on prototypes being built if not deployed in battles albeit in limited forms.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,938
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

How videogames allow us to enjoy rare weapons and prototypes that otherwise would never work in the real world due to many factors like practicality, cost, reliability and is it needed?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom