SCBR - EMBRAER Super Tucano the best light attack turboprop aircraft

S

santacatarinabr

SCBR - EMBRAER Super Tucano the best light attack turboprop aircraft

The Embraer Super Tucano is a turboprop aircraft designed for light attack, counterinsurgency, close air support, aerial reconnaissance missions in low-threat environments, as well as for pilot training.

The turboprop was designed to operate in conditions of high temperature and humidity in extremely rugged terrains, the Super Tucano is highly maneuverable, has low heat signature, incorporates fourth generation avionics and weapon system to provide precision guided ammunition.

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Reliable and cheap. Long live to Tucano

I was wondering what the status is of Brazil's aicraft carrier? Last time i heard it was left without any aircrafts. Is it still operational and is are their plans for its modernization or acquisition of additional solution?

S

santacatarinabr

I was wondering what the status is of Brazil's aicraft carrier? Last time i heard it was left without any aircrafts. Is it still operational and is are their plans for its modernization or acquisition of additional solution?
The vessel has not been part of the active squadron of the Brazilian Navy since November 2018.
The vessel's hull was auctioned on October 29 for the minimum bid of "BRL 5,309,733.65", but there was no buyer.
Now the Brazilian Navy has only one helicopter carrier called PHM "Atlântico", which was acquired in 2018 from the British Navy:

Fotos-a%C3%A9reas-da-chegada-do-PHM-Atl%C3%A2ntico-ao-Rio-de-Janeiro-14-e1535222182847.jpg

Top Bottom