Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Philippines_S-70i_delivery.jpg

Photo by Frances Mangosing

On 7 June 2021, the second group of five Sikorsky S-70i Black Hawk transport helicopters was delivered to the Hukbong Himpapawid ng Pilipinas (PAF, Philippine Air Force). The first group of five was delivered on 9 November 2020, with another single Black Hawk delivered on 30 November 2020.

The Black Hawks, that are built by PZL Mielec in Poland, were transported by an Antonov Design Bureau An-124, registration RA-82027, to Clark Air Force Base.

In 2019, the PAF ordered sixteen Black Hawks in a government-to-government deal with Poland. On 4 February 2021, just two months after the first delivery, President Duterte had given the green light to start the acquisition for another fifteen Black Hawks for the air force. The definite order is believed to be signed in 2022, although the exact number might differ due to budget restraints. See the Scramble Magazine news item of 5 February 2021.

The Black Hawks will replace the UH-1s with the air force and will be operated by the 205th Tactical Helicopter Wing. Delivery of the remaining five Black Hawks is expected to be completed before the end of September 2021.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Antonov Airlines has safely transported five S-70i Black Hawk helicopters on a single AN-124-100 flight from Rzeszów, Poland, to Angeles, the Philippines. ⠀ Second consignment of five S-70i Black Hawk helicopters under a government-to-government agreement meets deadline.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom