single tank -why?

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America
here is a tank that appears to be going through a town all by itself--why?! this goes against standard military doctrine

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
here is a tank that appears to be going through a town all by itself--why?! this goes against standard military doctrine
First you need to provide more info on the situation.
Where and when was this?
Exact time date place.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 4,992
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Yep. Also, there is a total lack of air support, or infantry to go along with it. Any armored vehicle is a sitting duck, especially in urban areas with hidden enemy troops.

It seems like Russia hasn't learned much from the conflicts of the past decade. But more concerningly, they aren't even using cold war or ww2 era combined arms tactics properly. It's baffling. But their airforce being targeted by SAMs might offer an explanation. They are too scared to use their airforce to its fullest extent because of the sheer amount of losses they suffered. Otherwise their numerical advantage would have handed them a quick victory.

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America
Where and when was this?
Exact time date place.
there is the video ....the tank appears all alone......what does it matter where? if it happened in Chicago, Berlin, Hawaii, the situation is the same - tank by itself---this goes against many military doctrines
.....if it was in Kherson or Kiev, why would that matter?

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America
Yep. Also, there is a total lack of air support, or infantry to go along with it. Any armored vehicle is a sitting duck, especially in urban areas with hidden enemy troops.

It seems like Russia hasn't learned much from the conflicts of the past decade. But more concerningly, they aren't even using cold war or ww2 era combined arms tactics properly. It's baffling. But their airforce being targeted by SAMs might offer an explanation. They are too scared to use their airforce to its fullest extent because of the sheer amount of losses they suffered. Otherwise their numerical advantage would have handed them a quick victory.
thanks for the reply, etc
......kind of reminds me of the Arabs in the Arab-Israeli wars = they just can't seem to get it together .......
Russia seems to have never been able to get it together--be a stable, etc country with policies and politics conducive to being '''successful....
1917 great upheaval and killings
20s and 30s millions starved and murdered for political/etc reasons
break up in 1991 !! and now ''they'' want to unite again ??
through to the 90s, when they had a depression that was worse than the Great Depression
humans don't like change and a country's culture cannot change overnight --it takes decades--if possible
--so, what I mean, is that I see a culture, politics, etc that have never been stable or successful---and still isn't
...and the culture affects the military

Last edited:

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America

good call....I was thinking '''didn't they learn combined arms in their Afghanistan conflict? '''

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America
Where and when was this?
Exact time date place.
this is not as much about Ukraine as it is about Land Warfare or tactics ---as I had initially put this in the Ukraine section and a mod moved it out of the Ukraine section---
....it does have issues regarding the Russian tactics in Ukraine.....
exact time and place? !

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
there is the video ....the tank appears all alone......what does it matter where? if it happened in Chicago, Berlin, Hawaii, the situation is the same - tank by itself---this goes against many military doctrines
.....if it was in Kherson or Kiev, why would that matter?
Your answer shows the lack of situational awareness on your part.
Was the tank on already conquered territory,which it obviously was.
Nothing,nobody on the streets.
This was not a planned ambush,just luck.
Next time think before making such comments.

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America
Your answer shows the lack of situational awareness on your part.
Was the tank on already conquered territory,which it obviously was.
Nothing,nobody on the streets.
This was not a planned ambush,just luck.
Next time think before making such comments.
hahahahahah
obviously it wasn't '''conquered'' [ whatever that means ]
I was in the USMC for 8 years..per policy, we never traveled alone in FRIENDLY areas....or in ''friendly'' liberty ports
...per policy, choppers don't ''''travel''' alone --- in practice exercises, etc.......if you watched the video, the Russian tanker needed help....he got blasted
..the tank is in enemy territory --obviously!! hahahahahah standard military doctrine = never alone

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 4,992
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
hahahahahah
I was in the USMC for 8 years..per policy, we never traveled alone in FRIENDLY areas....or in ''friendly'' liberty ports
...per policy, choppers don't ''''travel''' alone --- in practice exercises, etc.......if you watched the video, the Russian tanker needed help....he got blasted
..the tank is in enemy territory --obviously!! hahahahahah standard military doctrine = never alone

Truth be told, there is probably other tanks and IFVs nearby. It's not them being alone which is the problem. It's a combination of other factors.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
hahahahahah
So,despite your years of experience you couldnt see that the tank was not in enemy territory?
You seem to forget that the Russians thought that they were ''liberators'' for the Donetsk and Lugangsk territories,this was obvisously in one of those cities after it got ''liberated''.
This is not Iraq,Afghanistan or Syria.
Again,think first then post.
"conquered,liberated,freed'',happy now?

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America
Truth be told, there is probably other tanks and IFVs nearby. It's not them being alone which is the problem. It's a combination of other factors.
even after they are disabled, I see nothing...no one comes to help....I see no other vehicles/etc.....when they turned the corner, there should've been another vehicle backing them up....from the video, this looks like a total tactical no-no
..yes, they have to keep spacing, but I see no other vehicles
..true, I don't know the whole story, but I see no other vehicles
...what's hitting them? arty ? looks like arty and it's highly accurate
I was in 81mm mortars

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America
So,despite your years of experience you couldnt see that the tank was not in enemy territory?
You seem to forget that the Russians thought that they were ''liberators'' for the Donetsk and Lugangsk territories,this was obvisously in one of those cities after it got ''liberated''.
wow--you are a staff member?? and this is how you ''greet'' new members??!!
ahahhahahaha
wow
it might be liberated but --obviously--hahahahha--not safe!!! which is another reason to go in pairs/etc

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America
even after they are disabled, I see nothing...no one comes to help....I see no other vehicles/etc.....when they turned the corner, there should've been another vehicle backing them up....from the video, this looks like a total tactical no-no
..yes, they have to keep spacing, but I see no other vehicles
..true, I don't know the whole story, but I see no other vehicles
...what's hitting them? arty ? looks like arty and it's highly accurate
I was in 81mm mortars
I got out in 1990--so they have all kinds of new stuff. now.....just before I got out, we had a GPS unit...it was the size of a walkie talkie .....our FDC didn't have computers - it was done by hand .....I just joined a USMC League and one of the members is [was ] also a mortarman.....he told me about how they have the computers now to compute the FDC
......and arty ammo is much more advanced now ....so, more accuracy

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
wow--you are a staff member?? and this is how you ''greet'' new members??!!
ahahhahahaha
wow
it might be liberated but --obviously--hahahahha--not safe!!! which is another reason to go in pairs/etc
No,this is not how i ''greet'' new members(check your alerts).
This is how i treat people coming here acting like they know it all.

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America
gee thanks........so, to put it in friendlier --hahahahahh - terms .....you might be saying maybe, this vehicle is going to the rear or to the front/etc and thinks it's in friendly territory
yes- yes, that IS a possible explanation.......why didn't you just say that!!??

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,985
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Reminds me of going into battle by myself in Battlefield 4 with a tank all alone.

All that happened was rpg fire from all sides in the Shanghai map.

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America
No,this is not how i ''greet'' new members(check your alerts).
This is how i treat people coming here acting like they know it all.
if that's what you think, you are wrong and that's on you.....and to prove it, I just asked a question....no, no, no--there is nothing implying ''know it all'''
....wow......I posted question and you get all uptight --immediately!!!
please refer to post # 16.....very simply, you could have said that
there are a lot of people that know more than I do and/or can research things better
o, and thanks for the welcome

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America
Reminds me of going into battle by myself in Battlefield 4 with a tank all alone.

All that happened was rpg fire from all sides in the Shanghai map.
I played that and Battlefield 2.....2 was one of the best ever...had a free mod called Forgotten Hope = best WW2 game in my opinion

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom