Spending 1 Day in Gagauzian Turkish School! (Moldova)

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,962
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Its interesting how the Gaguz Turks are Christian while most Oghuz Turks are Muslim.

They represent how far the Oghuz Turks have migrated while the Salar Turks live in the Middle of China they are also Oghuz who live far away.

Lots of theories of where the Gaguz are descended from Cumans, Pechenegs, Seljuk Turks who became pows to the Byzantines or Seljuk Settlers who became Orthodox Christians.

Really fascinating people.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,314
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Are Turkish boys shyer than the girls?
Just wondering!

Last edited:

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,959
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
He mentions how many Turks became Christian in order to survive and assimilated into the local populations. This is quite the opposite to the Uyghurs in eastern Turkestan, where because they won't give up their identity or religion the communist Chinese are resulting to the most evil and abhorrent measures not seen really since soviet or nazi times in order to crush their identity and spirit.

You have to wonder how many Turkic communities have been lost to time.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,622
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You have to wonder how many Turkic communities have been lost to time.

European history cannot be written without the Turks. Popular European historiography only considers the Ottomans, but in fact we are much deeper than that, we mixed and fused.

As once Charles Bronson said, "Blessed be my God that I am a Turk."

(The real name of Charles Bronson, one of the most important character actors in Hollywood history, is Charles Buchinsky. He is a Tatar Turk of Lithuanian origin.)

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,314
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
European history cannot be written without the Turks. Popular European historiography only considers the Ottomans, but in fact we are much deeper than that, we mixed and fused.

As once Charles Bronson said, "Blessed be my God that I am a Turk."

(The real name of Charles Bronson, one of the most important character actors in Hollywood history, is Charles Buchinsky. He is a Tatar Turk of Lithuanian origin.)
Interesting to see how many turks in the west still hold on their ethnic identity while living in other countries.
On the other hand, here in the subcontinent, specifically in our land they seems to accepted the new identity and merged with the indigenous people.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom