The latest situation in the HÜRJET jet trainer
"There is an export potential. If we had HURJET 5-6 years ago, we would have exported it now. We will also make a model that can take off and land on the TCG ANADOLU Ship. We will also perform the weapon integration."
I think, Navalized Hürjet will most likely be a learning process for Navalized MMU. Perhaps even a carrier-based trainer aircraft may be the real goal for Navalize Hurjet. I think there is definitely an full-size aircraft carrier target now. There are many indications that we are on that path now. Although we do not have a STOVL aircraft and it is difficult to obtain such a platform in the current situation, there is an idea to navalize almost all existing fixed-wing aircraft projects in house. With the current Anadolu, it is unlikely to achieve the sortie capacity for an effective air force, for fixed wings, because of the limitations created by the technical infrastructure/design of the ship, but it can ease the learning curve for the operation of the joint force so that operation of whole task force before we have a real aircraft carrier.
I guess that there may be a preliminary study on an aircraft carrier with a displacement of 40-55K and suitable for STOBAR/SRVL (I don't know, maybe CATOBAR) aircraft operations. Of course, I come to this conclusion only by interpreting the current statements and developments, otherwise, what is the priority of this type of ship for our navy, whether our defense budget and national economy will be able to reach the power to carry this load in the targeted period, these are completely outside my assessment.
At this stage, and as far as I can see, the following project scheme is emerging:
- Medium-lift class Battlefield Utulity/CSAR, ASW helicopter, (project underway)
- Several unmanned rotary wing systems (projects are underway)
- Carrier-based light attack/training jet (Hurjet?)
- Carrier-based tactical airborne early warning, command and control/sea and air surveillance aircraft/helicopter (??)
- Carrier-based main combatant fighter (MMU?)
- Several carrier-based multirole tactical drones (project underway)
- Carrier based wingman/unmanned fighter jets (project underway)
- Carrier based tanker drone (Anka-4??)