TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mockup or prototype? Mockup is just a "doll" a prototype is an actual working jet that is just uncomplete? Which one is it?
There is a ready made mockup, one can easily assume that this is the mockup as there has not been any news regarding the start of assembly of the actual prototype. At the moment we safely have 14 months to the rollout where the prototype will presumably make its first public appearance. I think we will not see the prototype body assembled before another 9 months pass.

Kansei

Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Cyprus
I'm kind of confused. Everybody offered trainers and light-attack aircraft but Russia's only offer apperantly was the Mig-35 ?

MADDOG

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
F-16 Özgür coated with a sexy digital camo. From 2019. I wanna see more of this bird!
f-16-özgür.jpg

Kansei

Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Cyprus
F-16 Özgür coated with a sexy digital camo. From 2019. I wanna see more of this bird!
View attachment 36467
Btw what is the progress of the Ozgur project as it's a really confusing one to follow. I heard it was signed on 2012 and completed already but they still introduce new parts to the project like the new IFF (2018) and the new AESA radar (Testing on F-16 starting in 2022) ?

MADDOG

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Btw what is the progress of the Ozgur project as it's a really confusing one to follow. I heard it was signed on 2012 and completed already but they still introduce new parts to the project like the new IFF (2018) and the new AESA radar (Testing on F-16 starting in 2022) ?
Yea they're quite secretive about it. I don't think the program is 100% complete at the moment but it has been a success. They're waiting for ASELSAN's AESA radar and perhaps some other things.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'm kind of confused. Everybody offered trainers and light-attack aircraft but Russia's only offer apperantly was the Mig-35 ?

Maybe because the price is actually competitive to the LCA offered by Korean, Turkish, India

TheInsider

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Özgür program=Structural modernization+Avionics+IFF+ Aselsan GaN AESA radar. The structural modernization is going on, avionics and IFF modernization are tested and qualified on prototype block 30. The AESA radar will be integrated into the prototype fighter next year. After radar integration, structurally modernized F-16s will undergo Özgür modernization package.

Manomed

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yea they're quite secretive about it. I don't think the program is 100% complete at the moment but it has been a success. They're waiting for ASELSAN's AESA radar and perhaps some other things.
SSB called some dude on phone who took pictures of F16 özgürs with camo from satellite imagery told him to delete it they are secretive af

MADDOG

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Özgür program=Structural modernization+Avionics+IFF+ Aselsan GaN AESA radar. The structural modernization is going on, avionics and IFF modernization are tested and qualified on prototype block 30. The AESA radar will be integrated into the prototype fighter next year. After radar integration, structurally modernized F-16s will undergo Özgür modernization package.
That's what I find interesting. I spoke to an F-16 pilot the other day. Said the production variants of the F-16 Özgür would retain the digital camouflage. So as far as I can understand... Structurally modernized Block 30's will start operating. When the AESA arrives the Özgür upgrade will also be applied to the modernized Vipers. This means they will also re-paint the aircraft. Which imho doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean... why not just apply the digital camo when you're making the structural modernizations? Why is TAI making life more difficult for themselves :D It's easier to paint the F-16's now. There are a couple of possibilities here. The pilot that I interviewed may have been poorly informed abt the program, TAI may have been trying to keep the digital camouflage a secret or the camo thing was cancelled entirely. I think we still need answers to these questions. TAI being a d**k as always is making things harder though lmao

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
SSB called some dude on phone who took pictures of F16 özgürs with camo from satellite imagery told him to delete it they are secretive af
That's what I find interesting. I spoke to an F-16 pilot the other day. Said the production variants of the F-16 Özgür would retain the digital camouflage. So as far as I can understand... Structurally modernized Block 30's will start operating. When the AESA arrives the Özgür upgrade will also be applied to the modernized Vipers. This means they will also re-paint the aircraft. Which imho doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean... why not just apply the digital camo when you're making the structural modernizations? Why is TAI making life more difficult for themselves :D It's easier to paint the F-16's now. There are a couple of possibilities here. The pilot that I interviewed may have been poorly informed abt the program, TAI may have been trying to keep the digital camouflage a secret or the camo thing was cancelled entirely. I think we still need answers to these questions. TAI being a d**k as always is making things harder though lmao

Source - Trust me bro.

Lool

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Apparently the officials have received guarentees on the delivery of engine on Hürjet.

So they have no fallback plan.

🤬
Why must we never learn for God's sake
I believe Turkey has been embargoes more than enough and many critical projects have been delayed more than enough to AT least learn the bloody lesson: NEVER EVER LEAVE YOUR PROJECTS TIED TO THE BLOODY WEST

now what will Turkey do when the West brings out some lame excuse to embargoe another project? Will we also wait for 6 to 7 more years for Hurjet? Pls no! Turkey must have an alternative plan

Brokengineer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why must we never learn for God's sake
I believe Turkey has been embargoes more than enough and many critical projects have been delayed more than enough to AT least learn the bloody lesson: NEVER EVER LEAVE YOUR PROJECTS TIED TO THE BLOODY WEST

now what will Turkey do when the West brings out some lame excuse to embargoe another project? Will we also wait for 6 to 7 more years for Hurjet? Pls no! Turkey must have an alternative plan
Actually there were some slides on forums that there was a planned ai322f twin engine variant of Hurjet.
However, Hurjet is planned to be a light attack and training jet that embargoes would be less of an issue to get licence and export approval. However, that does not mean there is not any risks involved.

Top Bottom