NATO Analysis The World's Most Advanced Attack Helicopter? What do you think?

S

Shinoi Nouzen

AH-64E Apache Guardian
The AH-64E attack helicopter is the latest version of the AH-64 in service with the US Army. Also known as Apache Guardian.

Until 2012, it was called the AH-64D Block III. It features many improvements and upgrades, including a more powerful engine, an improved gearbox, and other improvements.

This gunship can also be equipped with an upgraded Longbow Fire Control Radar. The US Army plans to convert a total of 634 AH-64D helicopters to the AH-64E standard. A further 56 new helicopters will be built.

Deliveries to the US Army began in 2011. This combat helicopter is approved for export. Exporting companies are India, Saudi Arabia and Taiwan.

Watch this video for more information!

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 686
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Nice Youtube Channel but in regard to what I think is a different matter entirely.

-52 million dollar price tag, like I would rather buy 100 F-35s than 200 AH-64Es and I am not even an F-35 fan boy here.

-Using a millimeter wave radar, the benefits are you can track a lot of targets more with better accuracy than X-band but the major downside with using millimeter radars with MMICs instead of PICs(photonic integrated circuits) is the limited range and the range I have saw for the longbow is 16kms. The Korean times says shit like the helicopter can see targets 50kms away and track 256 while northrup's website for the AH-64E states the range got doubled. https://www.northropgrumman.com/wha... the new,surveillance and single target track

- The next problem is the current 8km range missiles not matching with the 16km range radar, if we see the evolution of the AIM-120 variants to the progress of the AIM-260, the US should be capable of having the range of the missile increased to twice the amount without having to change its size so the helicopter can still carry and use 16 of them with its current weapon pods. I have seen on twitter that a Ukrainian Su-24 got shot down by a Russian MANPADS 8.3kms away, this is not including the short-range SAMs, new tank ATGMs like Sprinter or hell even helicopters being given the capabilities to use short range air to air missiles that aircrafts normally use.

I know the rich Arab countries have a lot of money to burn and it's not like the Houthi rebels are as decently equipped as the syrians so it makes sense they would be interested. But I would rather have the costs at least drop to 16 million dollars or lower, modify the radar to use either X or K-band or both with a range of 100kms or more. Bump up the missile range to 16kms to deal with Sprinter ATGMs and still strike at a far enough distance against strategic locations and targets to not get hit by MANPADS. While aircrafts can deal with the short-range SAMs or even drone kamikaze strikes.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom