Fachfouch

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,060
Nation of residence
Tunisia
Nation of origin
Tunisia

I didn't know Aselsan joined Tunisian radar tender with Kalkan-2. What was the requirement of radars to be procured in this tender?
Tunisia wanted 2 long range radars and 2 mid range but the Kalkan-2 was short to mid range so it did not meet the requirements... Thales, Indira and Lockheed martin also participated and apparently Indira is leading for the moment or already closed the deal since yesterday the minister of defense announced that they already procured 2 long range 1 mid range and 1 tactical short range with 40 million euros so it must be a European company .

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

I didn't know Aselsan joined Tunisian radar tender with Kalkan-2. What was the requirement of radars to be procured in this tender?

According the Minister of Defence Brahim Bertégi at the Parliament, Aselsan was unable to meet Tunisia’s technical specifications which required a 360-km long- and 200-km medium range radars, and instead the Kalkan II radars have a maximum range of 120 km and are designed for point air defence systems.

The deal would have ultimately resulted in the purchase of four radars systems (two medium, close and two long-range) worth 40 million euros.

In additional;
The improvement in relations between Turkey and Tunisia resulted in the contract with the Turkish aerospace company TAI, for the supply of the ANKA-S Unmanned Aerial Vehicle in March this year. The deal ultimately fell through as the Tunisiam government could not pay for the UAVs despite significant financial backing from Turkey.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,306
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tunisia is still under immense Saudi, UAE and French pressure.
President Qays Said didn't turn up as he's shown before.

Fachfouch

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,060
Nation of residence
Tunisia
Nation of origin
Tunisia
According the Minister of Defence Brahim Bertégi at the Parliament, Aselsan was unable to meet Tunisia’s technical specifications which required a 360-km long- and 200-km medium range radars, and instead the Kalkan II radars have a maximum range of 120 km and are designed for point air defence systems.

The deal would have ultimately resulted in the purchase of four radars systems (two medium, close and two long-range) worth 40 million euros.

In additional;
The improvement in relations between Turkey and Tunisia resulted in the contract with the Turkish aerospace company TAI, for the supply of the ANKA-S Unmanned Aerial Vehicle in March this year. The deal ultimately fell through as the Tunisiam government could not pay for the UAVs despite significant financial backing from Turkey.

the deal of anka is still on and announced by the MoD in the same session Africanmilitary blog did not watch the session , I did and Tunisiansoldier did. the MoD confirmed the procurement of armed UAV from Turkey and that there was no cancelling what so ever stating that the news of the canceling are false rumors.

Fachfouch

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,060
Nation of residence
Tunisia
Nation of origin
Tunisia
Tunisia is still under immense Saudi, UAE and French pressure.
President Qays Said didn't turn up as he's shown before.
that's absurd don't believe what Muslim brotherhood says honestly they proved to be bunch of thieves and very corrupt they attack the president because he tried to stop their corruption

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,306
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
that's absurd don't believe what Muslim brotherhood says honestly they proved to be bunch of thieves and very corrupt they attack the president because he tried to stop their corruption
Hanging everything that goes against UAE and Saudi Arabia on "Muslim Broherhood" is absurdity itself.
Thus is exactly what Sisi's Egypt feeding their media influenced by the two most corrupt countries in the world. Tunisia is falling under the same influence. You have to be blind not to see this!
Money talks in the end.

Fachfouch

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,060
Nation of residence
Tunisia
Nation of origin
Tunisia
Hanging everything that goes against UAE and Saudi Arabia on "Muslim Broherhood" is absurdity itself.
Thus is exactly what Sisi's Egypt feeding their media influenced by the two most corrupt countries in the world. Tunisia is falling under the same influence. You have to be blind not to see this!
Money talks in the end.
Actually you are doing the same thing right now ... and I m saying Muslim brotherhood (el nahdha and karama parties) because its the truth they are also corrupts you have no knowledge of Tunisia's political life Kais is being attacked by MBH and also from UAE and other groups because he did not align himself with either and both are the same faces of a coin

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,306
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Actually you are doing the same thing right now ... and I m saying Muslim brotherhood (el nahdha and karama parties) because its the truth they are also corrupts you have no knowledge of Tunisia's political life Kais is being attacked by MBH and also from UAE and other groups because he did not align himself with either and both are the same faces of a coin
Kais Said has changed dramatically, especially after meeting with Macron, then suddenly he says that France has been a friendly developing force and not a collonialist one!!!!
Moreover, after UAE and Bahrain decided to normalise relations with Israel, Kais Said's pre-election, inauguration, and post election pitch about the Palestinian Issue, has changed °180.
I said, that the UAE and KSA are showing their financial clout to pressure him, whether he agrees or not, I don't think he's much choice.
At the beginning he seemed strong. Now, not so much. That's all.

Fachfouch

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,060
Nation of residence
Tunisia
Nation of origin
Tunisia
Kais Said has changed dramatically, especially after meeting with Macron, then suddenly he says that France has been a friendly developing force and not a collonialist one!!!!
Moreover, after UAE and Bahrain decided to normalise relations with Israel, Kais Said's pre-election, inauguration, and post election pitch about the Palestinian Issue, has changed °180.
I said, that the UAE and KSA are showing their financial clout to pressure him, whether he agrees or not, I don't think he's much choice.
At the beginning he seemed strong. Now, not so much. That's all.
he didn't say friend developing forces he never said that he said that the French Occupation called a protectorate which was the case and that's what it called France did not colonize Tunisia like it did to Algeria. although France did control everything it still had a king and a government that's how it was , and why would Kais care for what UAE or any country in world would do regarding Israel ? did he open an embassy ? do we have any relations with it ? man I really hate double standing, Kais's stand on the Palestinian issue never changed and honestly none of us Tunisians would expect anything else from him, the law of criminalizing relations with Israel was rejected by Al Nahdha(MBS Tunisia) , and KSA and UAE have no money monopoly over Tunisia because they're not major investors in the country France probably yes even Qatar have more influence than them and she used it to support Al Nahdha

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,306
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
he didn't say friend developing forces he never said that he said that the French Occupation called a protectorate which was the case and that's what it called France did not colonize Tunisia like it did to Algeria. although France did control everything it still had a king and a government that's how it was , and why would Kais care for what UAE or any country in world would do regarding Israel ? did he open an embassy ? do we have any relations with it ? man I really hate double standing, Kais's stand on the Palestinian issue never changed and honestly none of us Tunisians would expect anything else from him, the law of criminalizing relations with Israel was rejected by Al Nahdha(MBS Tunisia) , and KSA and UAE have no money monopoly over Tunisia because they're not major investors in the country France probably yes even Qatar have more influence than them and she used it to support Al Nahdha
Not here to change your mind. You seem to have the same mindset as the Egyptian, Saudi media.

Fachfouch

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,060
Nation of residence
Tunisia
Nation of origin
Tunisia
nah trust me I have the reality I do know what kind of propaganda gulf and Egypt media spread but as I told you know nothing of Tunisia's internal affairs and how the "Islamists" made alliance with the old regime and most of their party now consist of them, you're the one that is more sept able to other propaganda since you don't follow closely and from the start the political situation in Tunisia.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,306
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
He is just expressing his opinion, you have no right to call other people's opinion, propaganda.
nah trust me I have the reality I do know what kind of propaganda gulf and Egypt media spread but as I told you know nothing of Tunisia's internal affairs and how the "Islamists" made alliance with the old regime and most of their party now consist of them, you're the one that is more sept able to other propaganda since you don't follow closely and from the start the political situation in Tunisia.
You're just regurgitating Saudi, Egyptian media propaganda. No point!

Fachfouch

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,060
Nation of residence
Tunisia
Nation of origin
Tunisia
You're just regurgitating Saudi, Egyptian media propaganda. No point!
Egyptian , Saudi are calling Kais are saying Kais from MBS and you saying Kais is working for KSA and UAE that proves that his on the right track that he does not please both interfering parties and that does please me

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think better you guys posted YT videos than pictures. Too many pictures in one page can make the loading process get too long.

S

Sinan

- Everybody, should go back to topic and drop politics in this thread.
- 1 Warning point to Fuzuli, as he should learn to behave against other posters. In no circumtance you can label a member's opinion as propaganda. Everybody has right to express their opinion in this forum.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,306
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Egyptian , Saudi are calling Kais are saying Kais from MBS and you saying Kais is working for KSA and UAE that proves that his on the right track that he does not please both interfering parties and that does please me
As I said. No point!

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom