Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 354
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let's see what's gonna happen. I hope it will worth the money and time.

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
How much of our “advanced” weapons we would be allowed to integrate on to the newly purchased F16-V70s, is the question one need to ask.
Remember that these planes are going to have advanced US built Aesa radars and US built avionics. Even the upgrade kits may cause problems.
I hope we don’t end up with planes with which we can no longer use our indigenous modern weapons after upgrading them. US may try to sell the parts with that in mind. But we should resist and dig our heels in.
Does Turkey plan on integrating domestic weaponry on their (awaiting approval) F-16Vs or just the OZGUR project F-16s ?

wouldn't integrating with the F-16V mean that the US would get some knowledge about the domestic weapons ? e.g domestic Fox-3 BVR missile would need to communicate with the AGP-83 before going ''pitbull'' (i am assuming some codes needs to be shared between radar and missile manufacturer for things to work).

My last question is whether export versions of domestic weapons will be made for possible foreign customers ?

Thanks

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Does Turkey plan on integrating domestic weaponry on their (awaiting approval) F-16Vs or just the OZGUR project F-16s ?

wouldn't integrating with the F-16V mean that the US would get some knowledge about the domestic weapons ? e.g domestic Fox-3 BVR missile would need to communicate with the AGP-83 before going ''pitbull'' (i am assuming some codes needs to be shared between radar and missile manufacturer for things to work).

My last question is whether export versions of domestic weapons will be made for possible foreign customers ?

Thanks
Ideally Turkey would want to be able to integrate her indigenous weapons on to the new 40 F16-V70s and the 80 upgraded ones. Normally with limited access, we are able to introduce our weapons to the US planes as their US counterparts. (KGK as JSOW, HGK as JDAM, Gokdogan as Aim120-amraam etc).
If we can still do this all the merrier. Nothing changes. Status Quo
But there is the danger that if it doesn’t work as before; Then as well as having to get our weapons integrated at great costs , we would also release a lot of secret information to the third parties related to our weapons.
Export versions of our weapons, once the domestic needs are satisfied, will definitely be available to our close partners. Turkey has always been willing to sell weapons to her allies and friendly partner nations.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom