Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
We will eventually upgrade all of our F-16s. Block 30s go under modernization first. Then the 40s, then the 50s. 50+ won't be modernized in the near future. 50s will go under mid-life modernization probably by the end of this decade. People say Aselsan AESA is already installed on the prototype Özgür F-16 and initial tests are started. We will start serial modernization by the end of this year. I expect Aselsan AESA to be ready in 2022. I expect a modernization rate of 2 fighters per month so all of the block 30s will be modernized in 1.5-2 years.
I wonder if the Aesa Radar being installed is GaS based or GaN based. TFX is definitely going to have the GaN based version. But may be because it is cheaper and easier to manufacture, on the F16’s, could they have opted for the GaS based one?

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if the Aesa Radar being installed is GaS based or GaN based. TFX is definitely going to have the GaN based version. But may be because it is cheaper and easier to manufacture, on the F16’s, could they have opted for the GaS based one?

I think it is GaN based.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,257
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
F-16-OZGUR_ara.jpg

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
In 10 years. Right now, we need there support.

For what? If u get them somehow involved there is a high chance that they would cause trouble along the way, we are on the right path and dont need any headaches along the way, better to keep trouble out.

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sad Turkey is developing advanced industries, while Arab leaders are sleeping.

To be fair its seems that UAE at the very least seems to use their ridiculous wealth to actually buy up existing technology, products, firms and engineers to create a modest defence industry. Doesn't really matter how you get it, but as long as it benefits the domestic defence industry then that's a massive plus. They have had some decent export successes as well so it doesn't seem to be all in vain. For the rest of Arab countries however, there isn't much positive that can be said in regards to their domestic defence industry.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

US Air Force Asks to Retire 201 Aircraft in 2022​

AIR FORCE DIVESTMENTS IN FISCAL YEAR 2022 BUDGET​

AIRCRAFT TYPEFY 2022 DIVESTMENTSFY 2022 SAVINGS (in millions)
A-10 Thunderbolt(42)($343.9)
F-15C/D(48)($248.9)
F-16C/D(47)($30.9)
KC-135(18)($112.7)
KC-10(14)($174.0)
C-130H(8)($83.1)
E-8 (JSTARS)(4)($106.5)
RQ-4 Block 30 Global Hawk(20)($273.3)
TOTAL(201)($1,373.3)

The Turkish Air Force could definitely use some Transport Planes and the C130H are already present in the Force which would is already trained on them.
Additionally there is the Erciyes Modernization, perhaps these ones could be just added and send through the program.
The A400m is great but over 100M USD price is a lot. This would be a ideal Solution IMO due to Economical limits.

The F16s are at least block 30 which would make them great candidates for the Özgür Modernization. and you would have (30+47) + (208) = 285 F16s by mid 2020s. Cheap and efficient solution since the Block 70 F16s queue is long with the first available date for a new one being 2026.
> The F15 is nice but need training and new Maintenance Centers additionally they would need modernization which would need to be done from Scratch, there is already an existing Modernization for similar F16s, so a no brainer.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 22325

I've saw that Project but their Target is 2031.

"The move comes after KAI chief executive officer Ahn Hyun-ho said during a first-quarter results presentation on 2 April that the company is in the process of making proposals to the South Korean military about the aircraft, development of which could begin in late 2025 and be completed by 2031 should the South Korean government and national assembly grant their approval."

But this Plane Design reminds of another one back in 2016.

TRJ628 and TRJ328

1622982679527.png

Perhaps asking Sierra Nevada Corp. owners Fatih and Eren Özmen, politely, to revive the Project is a better alternative because the South Korean usually use many American parts but don't want to share Engineering work.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
We need our own military transport project in various sizes or need to join a project from a third country outside the west/east hemisphere. I don't see us able to order more A400M to supplement the fleet or C130 to replace the aging C160 and C130 Fleet.

I don't know what the plans here are but it slighty annoys me that no one is inquiring what will happen to replace and supplement the transport fleet.

Or do we plan on decommissioning our the majority of our fairly new A400Ms in 10 years after riding them into the dirt and standing around we no medium sized airlift and almost no fleet of smaller transport aircrafts because they all aged past their useable state (C130/C160)?

Top Bottom