Sixth Generation fighter jet expected properties have been discussed here in detail before.
1. All 5th generation specifications will be there and will be improved.
2. Involvement of pilot in flight will be minimised; Improving AI for most functions will make these planes capable of being pilotless.
3. Structure materials will contain such elements that it will have self healing properties.
4. Engines used will be variable cycle at the least. But may even incorporate Turbofan to Ramjet to Scramjet propulsion in later stages.
4. Directed energy weapons will be utilised in a more comprehensive manner. This may even include acting against threats from space.
5. Communication systems with other platforms will take a different meaning with these planes, especially when integrating with other fighters, drones and land and sea platforms through state of the art sensors and avionics, delivering a modular, open, scalable, and secure avionics architecture
So to say that there won’t be much difference between 5th and 6th generation fighter jets is a premature and incorrect claim.
But at the same time there will be quite a lot of specific capabilities both generations will have, that will overlap with each other; Albeit with a generation difference.
View attachment 53311
View attachment 53310