Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Making the Palestinian issue a state policy is wrong from the begin on, that aside I do not understand switching from bad to worse.

US does not give F35, so we demand F16. Same story US does not give F16, so we demand EF2000.

Utter BS policies are followed, instead of wasting billions on F16's, EF2000, pump that money into engine for Hurjet (TRmotor is making the Kaan engine, task TEI with a 20000lb engine for Hurjet, make your own fighter jet and make more funds available for ANKA-3 and Kizilelma.

Get on with our own stuff, West does not want a Muslim country that surpass themselves in military tech (we don't regards ourselves a Muslim country in the sense of governance, but the west do so they will embargo us on everything possible)

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,053
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Making the Palestinian issue a state policy is wrong from the begin on, that aside I do not understand switching from bad to worse.

US does not give F35, so we demand F16. Same story US does not give F16, so we demand EF2000.

Utter BS policies are followed, instead of wasting billions on F16's, EF2000, pump that money into engine for Hurjet (TRmotor is making the Kaan engine, task TEI with a 20000lb engine for Hurjet, make your own fighter jet and make more funds available for ANKA-3 and Kizilelma.

Get on with our own stuff, West does not want a Muslim country that surpass themselves in military tech (we don't regards ourselves a Muslim country in the sense of governance, but the west do so they will embargo us on everything possible)

we had 20 years of this bullshit, as long as he calls the shots moving forward its going to be more failure. As long as half the nation can be easily aroused and deceived with religion the path ahead is directly into the grave.

Just like the Hamas leaders who ran GAZA into the ground, they are all billionaires living a great life style, but the people got absolutely f'ed by Hamas. Can you imagine the leader of Hamas has a personal fortune of over 4 billion dollars? The people of Gaza dont even have clean water, how much theft and corruption must have gone on.

I saw pictures yesterday of Palestinian kids with half their heads blown off by Isreali bombs, meanwhile the leaders of Hamas who dragged Gaza off a cliff are all billionaires.

When are Muslims going to wake up.

Fighter jets or rather air power is critical, the moment your enemy can take air dominance over you, your finished. You won't fair any better then the Palestinians in Gaza are fairing today.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

At some point in the future we will possibly need to convert the Kaan engine core into a civilian turbofan engine to power our passenger plane fleet, we need to be prepared for this too.

cr33pt3d

Reactions
6 162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No mention about the version of EF2000 ? which tranche, i suppose it's TR 4.
they just started on the German 54 tranche 4 order, Spain has additional orders too like 45 +, best case scenario, the germans somehow give the go, i assume at least a year and a half of contract negotiations. i don't see how we get those birds before 2028 - 2030 for the 40 jets.

ClaudeJ

Reactions
1 8
Nation of residence
Belgium
Nation of origin
Belgium
Minister of National Defense Yaşar Güler: We plan to purchase 40 Eurofighter Typhoon warplanes from England and Spain.

Minister of National Defense Yaşar Güler:

"We want to buy 40 Eurofighters, it is a very effective aircraft, Germany objects. England and Spain say they will solve it."

"I am not in favor of buying the F-35. There is a different debate in America about whether we should switch to another plane."

"We cannot take the S-400 and deliver it to the corner of a factory. We push the button when we need it."

"I hope KAAN will make its flight at the end of this year."

Any official source on Germany actually blocking the deal?

The Erdogan-Scholz dinner is not even over :D

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,899
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
No mention about the version of EF2000 ? which tranche, i suppose it's TR 4.
they just started on the German 54 tranche 4 order, Spain has additional orders too like 45 +, best case scenario, the germans somehow give the go, i assume at least a year and a half of contract negotiations. i don't see how we get those birds before 2028 - 2030 for the 40 jets.

For quick introduction, couple of squadrons of the Tranche-1 upgraded to Tranche-2 to partial 3 set up would actually be the way to go. These planes in majority have already been configured for air to ground missions for the RAF any way.
But to make it simpler to see, below is a list of Typhoon tranches with different capabilities.

1700240539422.jpeg

Whence configured to Tranche-2 or above the planes can fire amraam, meteor and storm shadow missiles.
Germany is upgrading all of its Tranche 2 planes with e-scan Aesa radar. So once upgraded to tranche 2 configuration with some TR-3 equipment, the GFR4 RAF Typhoons can have Aesa radar too; albeit at a cost.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,821
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

I really, really LoL on people here that still ignoring last 10+ years of history related to usa, germany, netherland,france etc...
They are systematically hostile against Turkiye on all matters. They say it, They do it.
Some people here are naive - They like to lie themself.
usa president (germany premier) will bypass own Hostile political behavior toward Turkiye and allow military product to be procured :rolleyes:

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
For quick introduction, couple of squadrons of the Tranche-1 upgraded to Tranche-2 to partial 3 set up would actually be the way to go. These planes in majority have already been configured for air to ground missions for the RAF any way.
But to make it simpler to see, below is a list of Typhoon tranches with different capabilities.

View attachment 63047
Whence configured to Tranche-2 or above the planes can fire amraam, meteor and storm shadow missiles.
Germany is upgrading all of its Tranche 2 planes with e-scan Aesa radar. So once upgraded to tranche 2 configuration with some TR-3 equipment, the GFR4 RAF Typhoons can have Aesa radar too; albeit at a cost.
A while back, Typhoons were on the table by the British
and they were simply eager to dump their T1 aircraft on us (about forty, iirc) without any upgrade or even selling them with upgrade kits, probably because the fear of a German veto.
So, now are we gonna buy those forty T1?
If we buy them, will they let us reconfigure/upgrade them T2 and gradually T3?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,610
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
and they were simply eager to dump their T1 aircraft on us (about forty, iirc) without any upgrade or even selling them with upgrade kits, probably because the fear of a German veto.

24, not 40 I think.
Also, there was an infromal offer to BAF iirc.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
24, not 40 I think.
Also, there was an infromal offer to BAF iirc.
Again, it was a while ago and it was one of the items that were on the table. The exact numbers may have missed me. This was a meeting/series of meetings between two governments headed by their respective defense ministers and honestly don’t remember who offered what to whom.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,899
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are 52 tranche-1 planes UK has got . They are all to be gradually retired. All of them can be upgraded to Tranche 2/3 configuration at a cost. Whether Germany has any say on the sale of planes, now owned by RAF is a matter of debate. It has been mentioned that there is a clause in the consortium agreement that no one country should be able to stop another from achieving a sale. But in the case of new planes, since a good deal of engine and body parts are manufactured in Germany, they can stop shipment of those parts if and when it is decided by the German government. This means those parts will have to be manufactured by the remaining 3 nations, which will make it too expensive as they are not geared to do so. But for an already manufactured and sold plane it should be a different case. The only problem being the upgrading to Tranche 2/3 configuration, if must be done by Eurojet GMBH, then it is a handicap to be overcome. (But as they say if there is a will there is a way; UK can get Eurojet to do the upgrades, then sell them to us)

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,610
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
There is good possibility in case of Typhoon sale to Türkiye, France can block the sale of Meteor. Could UK sale Meteor from RAF inventory too? Will RAF agree to it?

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope Germany blocks EF2000 with whole my heart.

At least Germans would disable Turkiye to make idiotic moves

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,700
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom