TR Turkish Air Forces|News & Discussion

zio

Reactions
4 465
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hava soj will not be effective against adaptive radars.Adaptive radar can change electromagnetic spectrum if it is jammed,you should analyse new signals during flight and make it jamming accordingly,BAE is working on this.We are too late on production of hava soj but industry does not wait for you.We choose the right firm for new F16 vipers ew suit which has cognitive EW countermeasures.It will increase the survival rate of the fighters,but its not enough due to low power of system,can not replace hava soj duty,also new generation of AA missiles including our göktuğ missies can lock on jammer source,so we have to get disposible ew jammers and/or towed ones.I do not think our vipers will have it may be Kaan got it I hope.

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 17,129
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Air Pilot Colonel Ugur YILDIZ and Air Pilot Colonel Gokhan OZEN fell martyr in result of the recent SF-260D crash in Kayseri. May Allah accept their martyrdom!

1717498015116.png

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,186
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Saw the news I always hoped for a miracle that they werent harmed.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,844
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Rest in Peace :(
To me it's strange that there are two Colonel in that type of aircraft. Or is it normal?
more than likely a shakedown flight after depot level maintenance on the airframe.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
22 8,458
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are these planes equivalent to the Hurkus?
I believe that the plan was to replace them with the Hürkus, however, the initial Hürkus hadn't met the standards of the TSK, hence the decision to commence with the Hürkus II project. The latter is supposed to get the expected orders to be placed.
In fact, I believe orders were already placed iirc.

No Name

Reactions
5 329
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I believe that the plan was to replace them with the Hürkus, however, the initial Hürkus hadn't met the standards of the TSK, hence the decision to commence with the Hürkus II project. The latter is supposed to get the expected orders to be placed.
In fact, I believe orders were already placed iirc.
Do you know why it didn't meet their standards?

The plane is doing well in serving foreign air forces, so it is strange that the Turkish Air Force didn't go for it.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
22 8,458
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do you know why it didn't meet their standards?

The plane is doing well in serving foreign air forces, so it is strange that the Turkish Air Force didn't go for it.
I don't know the specifics and these usually won't be published unless way later, but everything indicates that.
That doesn't mean that it was a bad aircraft but TSK is one of the most demanding customers in the words of the former SSM (now SSB) secretary Murat Bayar.
The original Hürkus was sold to a couple of African countries with limited defence budgets in very small quantities. They must have been a good match to both requirements and budgets of said customers.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,268
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know the specifics and these usually won't be published unless way later, but everything indicates that.
That doesn't mean that it was a bad aircraft but TSK is one of the most demanding customers in the words of the former SSM (now SSB) secretary Murat Bayar.
The original Hürkus was sold to a couple of African countries with limited defence budgets in very small quantities. They must have been a good match to both requirements and budgets of said customers.
The overall sentiment I see around is that it's a good, high performance plane but not best at being a trainer, maybe a bit difficult to operate for a beginner.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,844
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are these planes equivalent to the Hurkus?
SF-260 is a basic trainer, while Hürkuş can be considered an advanced trainer and can also be employed on Lead in Fighter Training(LIFT). Hürkuş is closer to an F-16 than SF-260.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,135
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom