Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1602159283983.png

Turkish Anadolu Shipyard launched the first of two Cadet Training Ships named “Al Doha” (pennant number : QTS-91) for the Qatari Emiri Navy on 8th October, which was ordered by Qatar at DIMDEX 2018.

Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar and Qatar Defense Minister Halid Bin Muhammed Al Attiyah attended the ceremony. “I wish our training ships to be auspicious for the friendly and brotherly Qatar Armed Forces and strengthen our brotherhood.” said Turkish Defense Minister during the ceremony.

The ship was designed by the Anadolu Shipyard’s own crew in accordance with the special requests of the Qatar Naval Forces.

The ship is 90 meters long and has 1.950 tonnes of full load displacement. Besides basic naval cadet training, CTS will have a helipad for medium size helicopter on the stern and will be capable to provide combat management and weapon training to the trainees as well. A secondary mission such as offshore patrol duties can be carried out.

Key Specifications :

• Displacement: 1950.0t
  • Length: 89.85m
  • Beam: 12.9m
  • Draught : < 4.0m
  • Maximum Speed: 22 knots at Full Load
  • Propulsion: 2 Main Diesel Engines 3600kW each, 2 Fixed Pitch Propellers, Bow Thruster
  • Complement : 35 crew + 60 cadets
  • Armament: 30mm Stabilized Gun, 2 Machine Guns 12.7mm

1602159318705.png
1602159330610.png
1602159344472.png

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,213
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
I think only major defence partner of Turkey in Arab world will be Qatar most likely.

Y

Yoyo

Nice looking ship.

I think only major defence partner of Turkey in Arab world will be Qatar most likely.

It would seem so for the time being. But if the last 100 years have taught us anything, it's the fact that partnerships are highly dependent on circumstances and can change overnight.

Top Bottom