TR Land Vehicle Programs

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 635
Sad to say but that's not an ifv ;

zma-15-jpg.4152

That's the İfv ;

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-10-14-182238-www-overtdefense-com.png

That's the Singaporen Hunter Afv. It's the most well balanced İfv for me. After the good bionix experience I think Singaporens do it very well job.
İt's complete digital and c-4 based command controled vehicle. Also he have a good frontal armour (look at the position of driver there are huge armour in the front.

Also main cannon capable to smart mountions ;

Also turret have 2x burried spike lr launcher. İf they have a good active protection system it could be unbeateable.

Also we can capable the make a better ifv than hunter but we cant do it due tight visions of our project requirment deciders.

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There may be engine shortage associated with the new IFV tender. Therefore, it may have been done to modernize the inventory. Also, the items in the inventory are not so worn. It was correct to evaluate this way. Of course, the new IFV should also be considered, for this OTOKAR Tulpar or FNSS Kaplan 30 may be considered.

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 635
There may be engine shortage associated with the new IFV tender. Therefore, it may have been done to modernize the inventory. Also, the items in the inventory are not so worn. It was correct to evaluate this way. Of course, the new IFV should also be considered, for this OTOKAR Tulpar or FNSS Kaplan 30 may be considered.
There is no shortage on kaplan sta and kaplan light tank export projects.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,474
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the main problem is that TSK and SSB wants solved the problem with the indigenous suspension, engine and transmission. We have many different projects in terms of ideal platforms and also national subsystems, RCWS, launchers etc. Maybe the budget is also tight but I am sure they don't want to acquire multi million next generation capabilities that will stay for even decades knowing the situation in our foreign policy and the covered embargo we are facing.

For example lets look at the OMTTZA (Special Purpose Tactical Wheeled Armored Vehicle) project. Such project evolved for a long time and it is visible that TSK is considering modernizing it's armored vehicle inventory. In that project PARS III 8x8 and PARS III 6x6 IZCI are selected and 100 vehicles will be delivered to the Land Forces Command and the Gendarmerie General Command.

For Land Forces Command we got
  • 30 6×6 Command Vehicle
  • 45 8×8 Sensor Reconnaissance Vehicle
  • 15 6×6 Radar Vehicle
  • 5 8×8 CBRN Vehicle
For the Gendarmerie General Command we got

• 5 8×8 Infantry Fighting Vehicle

There is acquisition of only 5 IFVs for the Gendarmerie and they will most probably replace the aging BTR-80s which were in Gendarmerie's inventory for ages. When we look at the Land Force's acquisition we don't see IFVs but more of a "Special Purpose" vehicles.

While we have many good platforms why exactly PARS III was chosen and why exactly now? Other than it's superior capabilities I think one of the biggest reasons for that was FNSS willing to cooperate with TUMOSAN and integrate national engines and those will be the first armored vehicles that will have national engines in TSK's inventory and if the project goes as planned the first deliveries will start 2021. I personally suspect that after this project is finished TSK will go for IFV acquisition which will most probably be won by FNSS or BMC. In 2021 we got IDEF 21 where we will most probably see new projects revealed by these two companies along with Aselsan and many more sub-system manufacturers and I am confident that we would see TSK's new IFV and the parts of it's configuration including it's national engine there.

The modernization that is carried out at the moment is aimed at filling the needs at this moment taking in account the situation in Syria. Those are stop-gap solutions developed in short periods of time and posses no danger for the future acquisitions of the land forces.

Last edited:

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey is under embargo until the tank rifle from the current land system. Which European engine gives this vehicle, which plays a leading role in Syrian operations, none. I think IFV is not in urgent need and the indigenization of subsystems is the main factor. Also, these IFV urban operations are ideal. It makes sense to upgrade possible new operations with ready-made systems rather than entering old systems. As with the Leopard and M60 T tanks. Of course, there is a question that troubles my head. Is BMC expected?

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I do not remember when the last time a vehicle was purchased from OTOKAR. Even JAWS was imported. I think OTOKAR has focused on foreign markets as it sees that it has no chance inside. Arma 8x8 in Kazakhstan was successful. Otokar established a company there. It is likely that it will soon export to Kazakhstan, as it does to the UAE.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
TULPAR Armored Combat Vehicle successfully completed the firing tests in Şereflikoçhisar.

Sorry for repeating. For both projects, ACV-15 modernization & Tulpar.. also may be Korhan.. why there is no anti-tank capabilities? Why don't they consider putting umtas and omtas.. Any idea? May be even a PORSAV launcher like Bradley and Stryker. I am also surprised with STAs, armament looks too light to me, is just 2 launcher and one machine gun would be enough for battleground? I don't know definition of the task they are intended to be used but for a tracked vehicle it looks so light and under-armed for me ( May be they are going to be used by airborne or naval units, I don't know if this is the case) If I were the one deciding armament I would put Omtas on IFVs and Porsav to Korkut. And is ACV-15 modernisation will be only implemented to IFVs produced by FNSS or other M113s, M113s are much older and less protected and even ACV-15 is outdated. New IFVs would be great addition but I guess same engine issue applies to Tulpar.

EDIT: I saw similar replies after posting, so it is not IFV but APC?

Last edited:

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Sad to say but that's not an ifv ;

zma-15-jpg.4152

That's the İfv ;

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-10-14-182238-www-overtdefense-com.png

That's the Singaporen Hunter Afv. It's the most well balanced İfv for me. After the good bionix experience I think Singaporens do it very well job.
İt's complete digital and c-4 based command controled vehicle. Also he have a good frontal armour (look at the position of driver there are huge armour in the front.

Also main cannon capable to smart mountions ;

Also turret have 2x burried spike lr launcher. İf they have a good active protection system it could be unbeateable.

Also we can capable the make a better ifv than hunter but we cant do it due tight visions of our project requirment deciders.

Man, those Singaporeans are amazing. Such a small country (without enough land) yet so good at military tech. Hunter, Bionix, upgraded Leo 2s, Terrex, FH-2000 and many more from a country with smaller area than TRNC. I want TRNC to be like them, if we had gas or oil resources may be we would purchase all those toys.. They know what is needed.

Turkish IFVs also need omtas with 25mm turret just like these. Now not only APS for anti-tank guns is a must but also anti-uav capabilities is needed by all armored vehicles. Karabağ and Syria made all these IFVs obsolete. How ACV-15 would gonna defend itself against TB2? Some of them should have that capability.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Sorry for repeating. For both projects, ACV-15 modernization & Tulpar.. also may be Korhan.. why there is no anti-tank capabilities? Why don't they consider putting umtas and omtas.. Any idea? May be even a PORSAV launcher like Bradley and Stryker. I am also surprised with STAs, armament looks too light to me, is just 2 launcher and one machine gun would be enough for battleground? I don't know definition of the task they are intended to be used but for a tracked vehicle it looks so light and under-armed for me ( May be they are going to be used by airborne or naval units, I don't know if this is the case) If I were the one deciding armament I would put Omtas on IFVs and Porsav to Korkut. And is ACV-15 modernisation will be only implemented to IFVs produced by FNSS or other M113s, M113s are much older and less protected and even ACV-15 is outdated. New IFVs would be great addition but I guess same engine issue applies to Tulpar.

EDIT: I saw similar replies after posting, so it is not IFV but APC?
Turkey wants to use ACV as unmanned, or send to soldiers fighting from its side

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Turkey wants to use ACV as unmanned, or send to soldiers fighting from its side

As far as I know, "If I am not mistaken" unmanned EV ones are derived from ancient chariots (M113s).. That is ASFAT & MKEK's project.. ACV-15 will remain as (light) IFV which is upgraded by Aselsan and FNSS.. with nefer etc. It is not the same project or same vehicle.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,006
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Or they are waiting bmc's ifv design.

Bmc should stick with armoured vehicles not tanks or IFVs or even apc's.

I know its common to bash bmc nowadays but them getting projects which they have no experience smells of corruption just because ethem sancak is close with the government.

This is the problem with having a MIC its all about sucking up or having close contacts with politicians to win the contract. Examples can also be seen in the USA with lockheed winning every damn contract when the competitor builds a proper one that surpasses them best example is the Northrop Y/F23 which is said to be much more superior to the Lockheed Y/F22.

Top Bottom