Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
When will the Tulpar start production?

From what i know the Tulpar program wasnt even sanctioned by the army apparently but a seperate project that Otokar developed on its own. Its not even clear if we will ever receive these types of heavy APC/IFV's because the need might not even be there. Who knows, its a complete mystery at this point.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
thumbs_b_c_ca6fe8733773035133e4e438664163f1.jpg

ZMA-15.jpg
2020-Ekim-anadoluimages_20614138.jpg
2020-Ekim-anadoluimages_20614137.jpg
ACV-15-Mod.-İnsansızlaştırma.jpg
ENSHz73X0AAdhm5.jpg

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,850
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Reminds me of the M113 with 30mm turret slapped on top by the PAF against ISIS. I hope this project does NOT impede any future NGIFV acquirement.
And is meant as a stop-gap measure.

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 629
I stated many platforms about target of this project is a modernizeing some acv-s behalf of hitted and damaged acv-30's in the fields of ıraq, syria and maybe libya. And looks like him. 900m dollar unit price not bad when we are see unit price of last tank projects.

Looks like swimm capabilty deatteched, wavebraker gone for balanceing increase of weight. But still there is a huge gap in the project. That kind of vehicles can be penetretable by 2-3. th gen tanks, rpg's 25,30 mm rounds etc. Yeah I know their engines is small and doesnt enough for new weights. But we must be add him 2x anti tank missile him for their defend againts dangerous vehicles from 4-6 km.

Loading heavy weighted medium range anti tank missiles on ifv's is more efficent than infatry with tripod .

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 629
On the other hand for about New Ifv ;

I think today a new ifv will be come to Turkish İnventory with min. 3 million dollar. West pact mechanized forces prices ultimately increased.

But we must make a our choise very smartly. Just because tank penetration capabilities are rised and ucav danger is rised also. So we need anti tank missile and anti air capable zma who best supporter of tanks.

I mean our ifv must be fill the gap of our tanks. In this field most chanced ifv concept is Korhan zma ;

EREZzZrXYAAhGTI.jpg

Just because he have integrated lwr,yamgöz,tank driver vision system, and also pulat. That systems is a standart of turkish mechanized forces. That means a low logistic maintance.

Also his 35 mm gun very effective againts air targets and infantry with his atom ammo. İf they have 6km ranged lazer guided anti tank missile launcher it would be great.

Anti tank missile important for ifv's armor. For a sides 14.5mm and rpg protection enough but for front armour we need a minnimum a armor resistance a 120 mm l/55 dm-53 gun a penetration capability in the 6 km . Just because we can hit him with anti tank missile. And of course we need a active protection systems. Als integrated small uav's is important.

I think key of the future zma is that.

SavunmaSanayiST.com 

Defence Magazine
Reactions
2 530
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,951
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Meh... It's a outdated IFV doesn't matter how much you modernize it, modern conflicts showed that IFV are much more effective than Tanks in ground operations. Excellent against insurgents and even Tanks itself when equipped with ATGM launcher. The Yanks for example destroyed more Iraqi armored vehicles with M2 Bradley than with M1 Abrams.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom