Turkish military from an outsider's perspective - Greek analyst comments on indigenous Turkish military weapons

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,049
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

Greek analyst talks about upcoming Turkish long range missiles (MRBM-ICBMs) and the possibility of Turkish nukes.

bsruzm

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Greek analyst talks about upcoming Turkish long range missiles (MRBM-ICBMs) and the possibility of Turkish nukes.
"Defense Industry Executive Board decided to form a satellite launch center that would have a two-fold effect on Turkey's aerospace and military endeavors. First, the center will enable Turkey to place its own satellites in orbit, and second, the center will allow the Turkish military to launch missiles that can navigate outside of the Earth's atmosphere. Attaining an ICBM launch capability is reportedly the chief aim of the satellite launch center."

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Somali video about the Turkish military (I initially thought it was a Kurdish video)

Its Somali, Kurdi seems to be an Arab surname. Many Arabs I met who had surname kurdi i asked them are you Kurd they are like nah. Interesting that the surname kurdi is even in Somalia.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,049
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Its Somali, Kurdi seems to be an Arab surname. Many Arabs I met who had surname kurdi i asked them are you Kurd they are like nah. Interesting that the surname kurdi is even in Somalia.

Yeah it's really weird. There are also Arabs with the name "Turki".

I was convinced that this was a Kurdish video because of that and also the use of the letter"x".

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah it's really weird. There are also Arabs with the name "Turki".

I was convinced that this was a Kurdish video because of that and also the use of the letter"x".

Somalia next to the Indian ocean so imagine the eez potential. Seriously man is the Turkish military ran by visionaries right now. I remember so many people critising why are we in somalia. Long term will pay off.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,781
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Somalia next to the Indian ocean so imagine the eez potential. Seriously man is the Turkish military ran by visionaries right now. I remember so many people critising why are we in somalia. Long term will pay off.
Making a move like Somalia was smart, but failing on many others are not. In the end if er can’t see this through then we’ll have failed.

Succeeding in Somalia isn’t that difficult considering, no one wanted to get in there. Sticking it through is the real challenge.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Making a move like Somalia was smart, but failing on many others are not. In the end if er can’t see this through then we’ll have failed.

Succeeding in Somalia isn’t that difficult considering, no one wanted to get in there. Sticking it through is the real challenge.

Nobody bothered with somalia because it was a clusterfck. Still good to see its improving. Famine hit somalia hard while the world ignored somalia. Turkey came in to at least relieve the people of somalia. This is a big shame for a lot of Muslim countries. We always talk about ummah but allowed a muslim country to suffer from famine. Turks should be proud of this hence why they have earnt the respect from a lot of Muslim Africans.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,781
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nobody bothered with somalia because it was a clusterfck. Still good to see its improving. Famine hit somalia hard while the world ignored somalia. Turkey came in to at least relieve the people of somalia. This is a big shame for a lot of Muslim countries. We always talk about ummah but allowed a muslim country to suffer from famine. Turks should be proud of this hence why they have earnt the respect from a lot of Muslim Africans.
No one is saying we aren't. In a way RTE rhetoric is good, but if it's a rhetoric that he can't keep in check then that spells disaster for Turkey.

Look at it like this, a straight forward guy sees someone in distress and decides to help and everyone appreciates that action. But the same guy starts telling youngsters having a drink at a cafe that they shouldn't, and are thus a busybody, shouting and yelling at the youngsters just makes everyone even more tired and sick of this straight guy, so they decide to order drinks at the cafe too.

In the end the cafe earns more money.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom