Turkish Pentagon is Being Built - Ay Yıldız Projesi

L

LegionnairE

Jandarma and Coast guard getting equally large buildings as Army, Navy and Air Force?

I don't know... it looks too fancy to me. The real pentagon seems much more functional and everything is connected nicely.

1630788478844.png

Built in 1943 yet still looks modern today.

L

LegionnairE

And the most important question is.. which company is building it? which companies are supplying the materials?

How many people are filling their pockets?

The company that builds it is going to own it for 50 years too?

I know the AKP modus operandi by now. C'mon don't be shy... how much are you stealin'?

nakaFH

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
yup the presidential palace was ridiculous. An open insult to the common Turk.

Less ridiculous than Buckingham palace.

Ten years refurbishment expense of Buckingham palace is about 700 million$ (total value 5 billion $) is more than 600 milion$ of total construction cost of Presidential Palace.

And Buckingham palace is for KINGDOM not for DEMOCRACY (elected president by free elections)...

İnteresting ISN'T IT?

L

LegionnairE

Ten years refurbishment expense of Buckingham palace is about 700 million$ (total value 5 billion $) is more than 600 milion$ of total construction cost of Presidential Palace.

And Buckingham palace is for KINGDOM not for DEMOCRACY (elected president by free elections)...

İnteresting ISN'T IT?

it was built in 19th century wasn't it? Roughly comparable to Dolmabahçe palace.

What? do you want them to demolish it or something?

They spend a ridiculous amount of money on the royal family though... it's absolutely appalling. And many brits don't like it from what I understand.

The disgusting pedophile Prince Andrew takes money from the taxpayer.
He should be taken to guillotine.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,839
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
And the most important question is.. which company is building it? which companies are supplying the materials?

How many people are filling their pockets?

The company that builds it is going to own it for 50 years too?

I know the AKP modus operandi by now. C'mon don't be shy... how much are you stealin'?
BMC-insaat...bla bla bla shit.

nakaFH

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
it was built in 19th century wasn't it? Roughly comparable to Dolmabahçe palace.

What? do you want them to demolish it or something?
It was built in 19th century but they are using it as the residential of kingdom.

And the name of England is United KINGDOM.

Imagine that Osmanoglu family is still living in Topkapı palace and all cost is paid by Turkish Government.

Interesting isn't it?

L

LegionnairE

It was built in 19th century but they are using it as the residential of kingdom.

And the name of England is United KINGDOM.

Imagine that Osmanoglu family is still living in Topkapı palace and all cost is paid by Turkish Government.

Interesting isn't it?

Yeah Atatürk had bigger balls than Cromwell.

Still... executing a king in 16th century was unthinkable. They did it before it was cool. You have to give credit where the credit is due.

Naturally a country founded in 1923 has a more modern foundation.

Janissaries killed a sultan too... but they didn't do it to establish a republic. They were just corrupt bastards.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Jandarma and Coast guard getting equally large buildings as Army, Navy and Air Force?

I don't know... it looks too fancy to me. The real pentagon seems much more functional and everything is connected nicely.

View attachment 30357

Built in 1943 yet still looks modern today.
Army, Navy, Airforce, chief of staff and ministry of defense will occupy those buildings no Gendarmes or coast guard those belong to the ministry of interior.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

İnteresting ISN'T IT?

I think the same of Buckingham Palace. And the Lord's castles. And the Baron's massive stately homes. All insults to the common man meant to remind them of their place as lesser beings.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the same of Buckingham Palace. And the Lord's castles. And the Baron's massive stately homes. All insults to the common man meant to remind them of their place as lesser beings.

Monarchies are cool eventhough i dont support monarchism.

Republics barely have any aesthetic compared to Monarchies.

Monarchies its all about style and drip.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ataturks time the uniforms were top notch there was drip.

What the hell is going on.

You look at the Nazis, Soviets and Mussolinis Italy you see aesthetics and drip.

Today its boring as fck.

L

LegionnairE

Ataturks time the uniforms were top notch there was drip.

What the hell is going on.

You look at the Nazis, Soviets and Mussolinis Italy you see aesthetics and drip.

Today its boring as fck.

Yeah that's the difference between proper European Fascism vs Islamofascism.

100 years later we're still talking about Schützstaffel uniforms and how cool they were.

Today's Turkish government is just obsessed with trying to make everything look like a mosque. I'm surprised that the new army HQ doesn't have a dome.

Also it's unacceptable that Jandarma and Coast Guard command aren't situated in this compound. In wartime they answer to the chief of staff.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

100 years later we're still talking about Schützstaffel uniforms and how cool they were.

Today's Turkish government is just obsessed with trying to make everything look like a mosque. I'm surprised that the new army HQ doesn't have a dome.

Its not just turkey i can safely most countries are boring because they all wear suits no proper uniforms or native looking clothes. Only Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, India wear their own stuff while most countries wear boring ass suits. Soldiers guarding Ataturks tomb wear the ugly m1 helmet bring the Stalhelm or the Adrian helmet back.

Only monarchies today keep aesthetics due to traditions.

images - 2021-08-21T131451.766.jpeg

images - 2021-08-21T132021.125.jpeg

This looks good. All it needs is a few modernisation for today.

Good old times where people cared about looking good.

None of it today.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I gotta give credit to gaddafi dressed want he wanted while setting up a tent to where ever he went instead of conforming to whats new or a fad.

Also the Swazi king wearing his own native clothes and the Moroccan king wearing his own native clothes.

Lets be honest people preach to me about diversity only shit I see is world leaders wearing suits.

What a boring ass world.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Nein2.0(Nomad)

No no, I agree. But Trying to imitate the past is also not working for Turkey.

View attachment 30425

They weren't trying to imitate anybody, they had a style of their own.

Ottomans had great uniforms.

Ataturk even used Coco Chanel.

Todays Turkey just does not have that.

Its like we Turks dont give a rats ass about looking good. I hope this Turkish joint command structure is pleasing to the eye also hope for more pleasing uniforms.

There was a time where everybody copied Turkish clothes and uniforms. We really lost our way i hope people understand what im saying.

Melkor

Reactions
1 243
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Also it's unacceptable that Jandarma and Coast Guard command aren't situated in this compound. In wartime they answer to the chief of staff.
Yeah and they love the mosque style inspired by that ex Byzantine church - Bit off topic - come up with something fresh, For example Camlica mosque could have been so much more than the copy and paste it is. I like the new Tv tower in the area though. Back on topic - incorporating the star & crescent into the design of a building can be a bit hit and miss. I think it works well in the new HQ but one miss that comes to mind is ataturk Olympic stadium in buyuk cekmece - the crescent roof over the main grand stand… 🤢

L

LegionnairE

Yeah and they love the mosque style inspired by that ex Byzantine church - Bit off topic - come up with something fresh, For example Camlica mosque could have been so much more than the copy and paste it is. I like the new Tv tower in the area though. Back on topic - incorporating the star & crescent into the design of a building can be a bit hit and miss. I think it works well in the new HQ but one miss that comes to mind is ataturk Olympic stadium in buyuk cekmece - the crescent roof over the main grand stand… 🤢
Yeah I agree about the Camlica mosque...

Ataşehir mosque looks even more atrocious.

1630849036249.png

medieval architecture right next to a high-rise apartment complex looks disgusting almost.

"unga bunga we good muslim we mak big mosq"

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Honestly seljuk mosques and madrassas are really underrated.

Seljuks and their aesthetics does not get a lot of attention.

Only thing we do is just copy paste ottoman designs and make them even worse. I feel like our Ottoman forefathers would slap us for it.

During Ataturks time the modernist architecture was top notch it felt really different especially at the time.

Top Bottom