Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,289
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
UAEAF is one of the most capable Arab air forces if not the most capable

After more than five years fighting the Houthis in Yemen, they suddenly announce that they've withdrawn and stopped conducting air raids (which in the past damaged a lot of residential areas killing many civilians), and despite joining forces with Saudi and Egyptian (two of the strongest militaries in the ME), alongside support from Jordan, Sudan and Bahrain. They've never managed to get Sanaa, so I wouldn't go as far as calling it most capable.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
After more than five years fighting the Houthis in Yemen, they suddenly announce that they've withdrawn and stopped conducting air raids (which in the past damaged a lot of residential areas killing many civilians), and despite joining forces with Saudi and Egyptian (two of the strongest militaries in the ME), alongside support from Jordan, Sudan and Bahrain. They've never managed to get Sanaa, so I wouldn't go as far as calling it most capable.
Their goal was strengthening STC and so far it was successful they couldn't care less about the Saudi goals. Saudi goal is strengthening Hadi and fighting Houthis.

Also, their air force is set up to fight a conventional force as are most Western air forces.

They have also set up bases on Yemeni islands thereby strengthening their reach in the region and in Africa.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
@Fuzuli NL
From a Pakistani TTA at defence.pk relating to this topic

"Pakistanis are reducing in their ranks. The Arabs are getting better with time. In fact an ex-PAF instructor I know very well who wrote an entire syllabus for their OCU, said the best aggressive students he's had as fighter pilot trainees were Emiratis. Their motor skills were far better than any of the Pakistani pilots he had instructed."

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom