News UAE threatens Algeria with sanctions over cooperation with Turkey, report says

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,021
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
This is intellectually bankrupt... But I will anyways help you reason.. UAE has never made any threat towards Algeria... It can impose sanctions via blockade of trade between UAE and Algeria but I doubt the article is based on reality but rather another assumption news which is fake news. You are talking about Israel constantly but they are viewed as irrelevant in the larger picture geo-politics context in these countries because it is just a tiny country that doesn't pose threat but just an outpost.

Nobody can undo UAE, Saudi Arabia or the GCC, Jordan, Eygpt and co militarily.. Only NATO which is a huge coalition.. The GCC military wing called ''Peninsula shield'' Has around like 913 fighter jets that is 3rd most fighter jets in the world after only US and China... There population is 65mio but the Peninsula is more armed than china on per capita and by far..

On a regional level no entity can defeat Peninsula shield not even Turkey that has the most advanced defense industry.. There are 5 more defacto members of the peninsula shield these are Jordan, Egypt, Sudan, Tunisa and Morocco... Jordan, Sudan and Egypt are directly linked to the Peninsula shield will have access to any conflict due to geography.. they number together anywhere upwards 500m NATO is the only one that has the necessary manpower and logisical hardware quanitity.. Algeria is heavily armed herself but will not hold out against them Even if Tunisa and Morocco were to launch double attack on Algeria it could find herself in a very tough existential fight which is unpredictable and nobody knows the outcome...

Because Morocco has been well armed relatively close to Algeria even tho I think Algeria is better armed overall Morcco is slightly behind Algeria not by much tho. So Morocco is technically not a walk in the park plus they have the population numbers to make this a dog-fight and the atlas mountains and their conventional ground forces is strong they are the 10th country with most tanks plus their airforce and air defense systems is good but all in all strong armed overall..

Anything on paper can sound good. In reality this coalition cannot defeat the yeminis and as we talk now part of egypt is still occupied by isis. Similar things were said when arab nations went to war against tiny isreal.

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
Anything on paper can sound good. In reality this coalition cannot defeat the yeminis and as we talk now part of egypt is still occupied by isis. Similar things were said when arab nations went to war against tiny isreal.

You can't make comparison between an all-out war without any rules to a local civil war.... Ask yourself this question has the other entity in Yemen won anything the answer is big fat no the Houthis can't achieve victory on the ground they won't be able to move STC and hadi forces whcih is the other coin of the civil war.. The Peninsula shield could eliminate the entire population in Yemen if they wanted... So there is scale to war not just on paper.. They have the numbers, tech, weaponry and will to fight a long cruelling and drawn out war if it becomes necessary upon them.. Which means technically only huge coalition can be a chellenge like NATO... If Turkey also created Turan could provide a chellenge they will have the numbers, tech and weaponry to engage in huge gigantic battlefield all tho Victory will not be guraanteed which means still NATO remains the only legitimate existential threat to them from conventional point of view... The world population was much low specifically in that region and the boom just came few decades ago.. Tiny Israel is irrelevant conventionally in today's world when you look at the larger picture..

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,065
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can't make comparison between an all-out war without any rules to a local civil war.... Ask yourself this question has the other entity in Yemen won anything the answer is big fat no the Houthis can't achieve victory on the ground they won't be able to move STC and hadi forces whcih is the other coin of the civil war.. The Peninsula shield could eliminate the entire population in Yemen if they wanted... So there is scale to war not just on paper.. They have the numbers, tech, weaponry and will to fight a long cruelling and drawn out war if it becomes necessary upon them.. Which means technically only huge coalition can be a chellenge like NATO... If Turkey also created Turan could provide a chellenge they will have the numbers, tech and weaponry to engage in huge gigantic battlefield all tho Victory will not be guraanteed which means still NATO remains the only legitimate existential threat to them from conventional point of view

Marib has become a meat grinder.

Yemeni civil is going to end up as a stalemate. No side is going to win including the Saudi led Coalition. Also the Saudis and the UAE are beefing due to UAE's support of the STC which is complicating matters further.

Emirates are such backstabbers they are working behind the Saudis back. I dont feel for the Saudis they constantly became hostile to Turkey even boycotted us now they are trying to make amends because of the Emirates being a bunch of backstabbers.

Well let them eat each other up.

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
Marib has become a meat grinder.

Yemeni civil is going to end up as a stalemate. No side is going to win including the Saudi led Coalition. Also the Saudis and the UAE are beefing due to UAE's support of the STC which is complicating matters further.

Emirates are such backstabbers they are working behind the Saudis back. I dont feel for the Saudis they constantly became hostile to Turkey even boycotted us now they are trying to make amends because of the Emirates being a bunch of backstabbers.

Well let them eat each other up.

There have been some political disagreements between the two sides but they are initially allies I mean the STC and hadis forces.. IMHO initially the STC-Hadi will outlast the Houthis if there is no ceasefire which is beginning to show on the battlefield slowly currently since the taking of Bayda by them.. The houthis are increasing appearing like a spend force.. Without ceasefire something gotta give eventually

Last edited:

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
I am an Algerian citizen. I never thought I'll see the day when a small British protectorate, the UAE, today a protégé of Israel, would threaten with "sanctions" and perhaps even militarily, Algeria a country that fought for its independence with the blood of its martyrs.

Top Bottom