what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,054
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Joint venture and local production. 35 % price reduction because of that according to Google translate.

Possible exports to thirds countries of the Ukrainian variant too.

According to the twittersphere Serbia interested too but can't confirm since translations fail me.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How long til a domestic alternative to wescam is ready?
Already
0C7DDFB7-DA87-4531-816D-F30421624141.jpeg

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Finally, the news we were waiting for came. So why was it waited until the embargo came? Wescam MX-15D 51.4kg, CATS< 59kg. I think improvements have been made. Or, to alleviate it, some sensors may not be integrated. Regardless, the arrival of this news today was a good response to the Canadian Foreign Minister. I'm sure the L3 CEO is angry with the minister for losing his biggest client.

Meanwhile, according to the information given by Aselsan representative to MONCH, DASS will be used in LOW ALTITUDE UASs. Of course, the fact that low-speed aircraft will be used means that it can be integrated into Hürkuş.
Screenshot_2020-10-06 Military Technology 9 2019.png

Last edited:
S

Sinan

Serbia eyes buying Turkish-made combat drones

Serbia’s leader said Monday that he plans to purchase Turkish-made unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).

President Aleksandar Vucic praised Bayraktar combat drones, noting that Serbia is very interested in drone systems and will certainly buy more of them in the future.

"We will see whether we will reach an agreement with the Turkish side. In any case, these are very good drones. I have to give the Turkish manufacturers their due," Vucic told reporters at the Palace of Serbia in the capital Belgrade.

Vucic also said that he has always wanted to bolster Serbia’s security.

"We do not threaten or attack anybody. However, we should always be ready to avoid any surprises. In this context, we are taking the necessary steps," he added.

Emphasizing that Serbia is a 'truly neutral country' in the military sense, Vucic said they want to defend and protect their own airspace and territory.

He underlined that the UAV systems are expensive but "very smart" investments.

The Bayraktar TB2 armed UAV was developed and manufactured by Turkish defense company Baykar Technologies.

It has been used by the Turkish Armed Forces and Turkey's Security Directorate since 2015.

The TB2 armed UAV was developed for tactical reconnaissance and surveillance missions and can also carry ammo and conduct assaults and has laser target acquisition.

*Writing by Jeyhun Aliyev from Ankara

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 635
I dont imagine when akıncı fully operational and fired amraam with his own radar. I like baykars uav classification. There are more ucavs better than bayraktar but none of them have a same price range and performance with him. Akıncı is the big boy but actually his a price/performance ucav when compared fighters.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
MX 15D is 43.2 kg while CATS 59 kg , 15+ kg thats why Bayraktar use Canadanian E/O system . If Baykar dont modify Tb2 or Aselsan Cats than it mean Tb2 will carry only 2 Mam L .
20201007_044913.jpg

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Evolution of drones developed by Baykar

• Tb2: 150kg payload, 650kg MTOW, 220km/h speed
  • Akinci: 1,4t payload, 5,5t MTOW, 360km/h speed
  • MIUS fighter jet drone: 3,5t platform weight, 1t munition payload, 900km/h max. speed, 5h endurance

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,009
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Evolution of drones developed by Baykar

• Tb2: 150kg payload, 650kg MTOW, 220km/h speed
  • Akinci: 1,4t payload, 5,5t MTOW, 360km/h speed
  • MIUS fighter jet drone: 3,5t platform weight, 1t munition payload, 900km/h max. speed, 5h endurance

I cant wait for the Akinci to make its first combat operation. Its going to be the sight to behold.

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
MX 15D is 43.2 kg while CATS 59 kg , 15+ kg thats why Bayraktar use Canadanian E/O system . If Baykar dont modify Tb2 or Aselsan Cats than it mean Tb2 will carry only 2 Mam L . View attachment 3126
This is MX-15 not MX-15D

I think the weight was not the main problem. The 10 kg difference is not too much for SİHA. The real problem is thermal imaging resolution. CATS offers 640x512 resolution, MX-15D 640x512 and 1024x1024 resolution. Considering that Baykar prefers the 1024x1024 resolution MX-15D, this ratio will be halved in CATS. Therefore, it will be more difficult to evaluate the objects seen in the thermal camera. Therefore, it will have to fly from a lower altitude in order to get a better thermal image. DASS (1024x768) will both bring the resolution to the MX-15D almost the same leveland will be lighter in weight than CATS and will weigh close to the MX-15D.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is MX-15 not MX-15D

I think the weight was not the main problem. The 10 kg difference is not too much for SİHA. The real problem is thermal imaging resolution. CATS offers 640x512 resolution, MX-15D 640x512 and 1024x1024 resolution. Considering that Baykar prefers the 1024x1024 resolution MX-15D, this ratio will be halved in CATS. Therefore, it will be more difficult to evaluate the objects seen in the thermal camera. Therefore, it will have to fly from a lower altitude in order to get a better thermal image. DASS (1024x768) will both bring the resolution to the MX-15D almost the same leveland will be lighter in weight than CATS and will weigh close to the MX-15D.

Now if only we knew how much CMX-15D weighed..

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,161
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is MX-15 not MX-15D

On the I other hand I have noticed that the max range for CATS is given as 25km while the range for MX-15 and DASS are 20 km. So there is a difference there too.

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
On the I other hand I have noticed that the max range for CATS is given as 25km while the range for MX-15 and DASS are 20 km. So there is a difference there too.
Yes. Laser pointing range. For CATS, Aselsan wrote 25 km on the site and 30 km in the brochure. Its weight is 61 kg on the site and 59 kg in the brochure. Apparently, the data on the site is out of date.:rolleyes:

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 635

İn this video russian oficcial says completely carbonfiber uavs cant detectable by radars .

sumru-altinay-veryansintv.jpg

What if we make fully non metal uavs like altınay sungur who can capable carry 2x mam-l and have fully electric non-metal engine ?

İt's will be very big problem for air defence systems.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom