Live Conflict Ukraine-Russia War

Reactions
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Instead of searching for Russian TV debates, I would recommend this channel: https://www.youtube.com/@1420channel - which asks ordinary Russians interesting questions, many dealing with politics, war, democracy, etc.
thank you, really interesting stuff. I still found the stage managed tv debates fascinating for the way that criticism and fatalism still managed to creep in to such obviously managed orchestrated programming, and would love to see more if anyone has a link. The channel you sent me though is also fascinating and i much appreciate it

Reactions
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
By far the most unbelievable comment i have seen anywhere, from anyone, during the entire war, and i find it right here on this forum, here it is:

''I would be very careful of using the word "attacks". Early in the war, Russia actually limits its aggression so much, but aggressive Ukrainians shot them back. They have no other choice''

It made my jaw hit the floor. How dare aggressive Ukrainians shot back!

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,532
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Some news about more defense aid coming to Ukraine that I've collected over the last couple days.

France 🇫🇷 has delivered 2 additional LRU (M270) MLRS to Ukraine.

France 🇫🇷 will deliver 6 additional CAESAR 155mm self-propelled howitzers to Ukraine.

France 🇫🇷 sold 6 additional CAESAR 155mm self-propelled howitzers to Ukraine. They're producing a further 60 units for Ukraine during 2024 (6 per month) however, they are looking for foreign buyers to purchase them in lots for Ukraine. The Ukrainians paid for the January lot, and France will pay for the February lot, therefore, buyers are needed for March-December.

Belgium 🇧🇪 Lithuania 🇱🇹 and Spain 🇪🇸 have partnered in the purchase of 220,000 155mm artillery shells for Ukraine. The deal is worth $1.1 billion usd and the munitions will be supplied by French manufacturer Nexter and German manufacturer Junghans. The shells are set to arrive in Ukraine throughout 2025.

Germany 🇩🇪 will send Ukraine 6 Sea King helicopters to be used for transport and maritime patrol.

Italy's 🇮🇹 Parliament voted to continue to send weapons to Ukraine throughout 2024, however, Italy did not disclose (as is customary for them) what military hardware they will send.

Canada 🇨🇦 announced they will send Ukraine 10 zodiac boats to Ukraine. They will also send civilian instructors to Europe, from Montreal based company "Top Aces" to train Ukrainian pilots on European donated F-16s.

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,532
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Turkish 🇹🇷 President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, officially ratified Turkish Parliament's vote to bring Sweden into NATO!

That officially leaves Viktor Orban and Hungary 🇭🇺 as the last party to ratify. Orban has recently stated that he will not block Sweden's ascension into NATO, after the EU threatened to withhold funding from Hungary in 2024, something that the Hungarian people can't afford to have happen.

With the addition of Sweden 🇸🇪 to NATO Putin's war in Ukraine continues to be more and more pointless. The additions of Finland and Sweden to the Western pact have substantially strengthened NATO's presence on the Russian border.

contricusc

Reactions
1 586
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
That officially leaves Viktor Orban and Hungary 🇭🇺 as the last party to ratify. Orban has recently stated that he will not block Sweden's ascension into NATO, after the EU threatened to withhold funding from Hungary in 2024, something that the Hungarian people can't afford to have happen.

And Orban has signalled that he will ratify Sweden’s accession in a phone call with Stoltenberg. Not even Putin’s best budy is willing to help him.

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,532
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
And Orban has signalled that he will ratify Sweden’s accession in a phone call with Stoltenberg. Not even Putin’s best budy is willing to help him.

Orban will continue to stall, have no doubts about that. With that said, his welfare country isn't getting any of the money it needs from the EU until it gets in line with the rest of NATO / EU countries, so his hands are, ultimately, tied.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,694
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw the conditions set by the House for more aid for Ukraine is to solve the border issue, either that or no go for aid

Here's the border situation right now.

Ukraine must understand that they are being used by a foreign power who wouldn't give a single shit about their lives or their aspirations. You are being used as dogs (not literal) by the very people who send ammunitions, F-35s and F-15s to Israel without preconditions while making 9349234828 reasons and roadblocks for you who are dying and to continue to die at a rate that will make any decent human being sad.

Ukrainians, In a world where they say you can be anything... Be alive!

Soldier30

Contributor
Reactions
8 700
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
An episode of the combat work of the Russian T-90M “Breakthrough” tank in the Marinka area has been published; during the battle, the tank puts up a smoke screen. The T-90M tank reportedly overcame a minefield and the first line of defense of the Ukrainian army, after which it began firing at the second line of defense of the Ukrainian army.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,612
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I will rephrase your last sentence and address it to the Russians. Your text would end like this: ”This is not your war, this is some deranged geopolitical cult trying to drag you into some kind of mass national Harakiri

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,822
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
putin thug again talking Lies.

- putin forgotten about Prigozhin’s plane being shot down by ruzzian air defense system.
- putin forgotten about the A-50 ruzzian AWACS plane being shot down by ruzzian air defense system
- He also forgot about the ~5 Su-34's the ruzzians shot down over their own airfields in Donetsk back in October.

For me personally this putin just confirming that They shot down the plane IL-76

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,694
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
From what I know, Europe has been increasing imports from the U.S, particularly Texas to cover the deficit after stopping Russian gas

Now Biden is halting gas export from Texas. After the recent Texas-Biden feud

Seems like there's no long-term alternative other than switching back to Russian gas

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
12 2,532
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Per Reuters: 14 Russian oil tankers cannot unload their fuel because of a payment dispute between Russia and India. India refuses to pay for the oil in USD, which Russia badly needs, so they can sell it off on foreign markets, keeping the Ruble from falling off a cliff and inflation going rampant throughout Russia. India won't pay in USD because of threat of sanction by the USA. Instead, they've offered to pay with rupees, but Russia will not accept them.

Interesting development. Russian foreign reserves have been really strained. One wonders how much they actually have left and how long they can keep their own currency stabilized without a huge influx of USD / Euros.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom