Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Russias image of being a superpower is officially destroyed and exposed. They will be left with no economy and military after the Ukrainians are done with them

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,839
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Reading some of these posts are ridiculous, though I understand the desire to see the Russian's lose.

The Russians haven't even committed a quarter-third of their forces yet, just the vanguard of conscripts, are sieging Kiev and have already cut Ukraine off from a majority of energy and power supply.

This is all within a few days. Compare that to other military conflicts. Ukraine ia far more advanced than ISIS and is losing ground far faster. Russia shouldn't be underestimated here. Using Western sources as absolute truth that Russia is losing just because it's what you want to hear is ridiculous. Fellow over-enthusiastic members, Poland could not take Russia, Turkey could not 1v1 Russia. These are ridiculous claims. The British have announced the Russians have lost around 500 personnel and I believe this is far more accurate than over 2000.

Otherwise we'd see far more footage then reshares of the same two convoys (which in terms of forces Russia has committed, is insignificant). Speaking of footage, look at this! It's insane. Russian helicopters penetrating deep and taking out AA being transported as cargo etc. The frontlines are moving faster than Ukraine can position their forces in defence.

The main mistake Russia has made is the conscript vanguard are going fast but skipping the Ukrainian forces where they can, leaving Ukrainian AT teams e.t.c. the space they need to ambush logistical forces. But that's what the other 2/3rds of the army are for. The resistance is nowhere near enough at the moment to stall Russia significantly from what I've seen so far. Strong sanctions and prolonging the war by twenty days or so will bring the Russians to the negotiating table, as time will allow for counter attacks to be coordinated but I doubt sanctions are going to follow on a level that would force Russia to reconsider within a short time frame.

I'm very skeptical based on the amount of western noise on social media in supporting Ukraine with some of the claims. I believe the purpose is to shore up Ukraine to prevent a total collapse until the conflict becomes stagnant.

From an American perspective, the separatists are already separate from Ukraine and the debate is centered on this. Americans are just hoping the rest of Ukraine does not follow suit. As it is now, the rest of Ukraine is going to struggle to be economically viable.

Secondly in the event of war Turkey can close the bosphorus. This isn't occurring because Russia is not as weak as some of you guys are saying. Secondly, Zelenksy tweeting thanks to Erdogan for closing the bosphorus was not a translation error from their meeting, Ukraine is trying hard to get Turkey on board. Hence Ukraine also tweeting that TB2's are striking convoys etc, but not actually releasing footage. Russia is an ally of Azerbaijan and the geopolitical implications of that for Turkey extend far more than militarily. They said their own plane that Russia downed was Russian - despite the paint scheme being Ukranian here. They're losing badly and the West is too slow to react appropriately at the moment.

That being said, discussion is always invited.

Look at these maps and then look at where Ukrainian wheat, coal, gas, nuclear power plants are.

Excellent post. I am thinking the conscripts are fodder disposible and meant to keep Ukranian National Guard busy and wear them out before the big boys come.

Russia has as far as I remember 140k fully professional army with topline gear provided by west.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,746
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
What is the situation in kharkiv guys?
Some sources say the attack failed while others state that they are close to taking the city.....

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
What is the situation in kharkiv guys?
Some sources say the attack failed while others state that they are close to taking the city.....
Russians have entered the outskirts of the city. They seems disorganized. They are lightly armed, have lost many vehicles. Ukrainian army will either push them back today or night. Rusky’s advance is not sustainable

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom