Live Conflict Ukraine-Russia War

Kara Khan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why don't Ukraine forces lay mines and IEDs? Would be good for slowing down the Russian forces, would take out some soldiers and vehicles too. Destroy some with mines and explosives, then Russian forces have to slow down with fear of death. Just lay mines and IEDs from wherever they are approaching from, after enough death and destruction, they won't feel and move so bravely anymore. Middle East insurgent forces mastered that technique nicely, since Ukraine forces dealing with a superior force, they should learn from Middle East conflicts.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,747
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish Official Support:
Turkiye closed its airspace to Russian military flights.
Turkiye applied the terms of the Montreux Convention. Russian Mediterranean naval force can't pass to the Blacksea.
Turkiye supplied TB2s, MAM-L, and MAM-C smart ammunitions.
Turkiye is building corvettes for the Ukrainian Navy.
Turkiye signed many agreements with Ukraine and gave diplomatic support before the war.

Turkish Unofficial Support:
Turkiye continues to supply TB2s and advanced smart ammunition
Turkiye provides technical support for TB2s.
Turkiye provides EW assets and technical support.
Turkiye provides mission planning, tactical and strategical war planning support on the ground. (This is important)
Turkiye and NATO countries also help organize military aid with Poland. All of those pouring missile and weapon support if not organized carefully won't amount to much.
The Turkish mission is based in Poland.

Russian armed forces don't have shit logistics. Ukraine has a defense plan in action. You are seeing the results of that.

Last edited:

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,312
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Putin was probably expecting some half-arsed sanctions à la the ones Russia had to face after annexing Crimea.

Until recently he thought that Europe could not risk the cutting of Russian gas and oil and I bet he wasn't expecting such harsh measures.

Now Russia is getting sanctions left and right and as a result, the Ruble is falling hard.

The Putin administration claims that they don't have assets in the west but the sanctions and boycotts have taken an insane level beyond freezing personal assets of some individuals in the government.

Commercial, art sector, sports, tech, political, industrial, touristic and travel embargoes and boycotts an addition to military and financial support to Ukraine, plus some of sentimental value like shelving Mr. Putin's honorary presidency of the Judo federation, are going to cause some serious damage to Russian economy and international position and prestige.

Putin and his puppets and followers are looking for the old Soviet glory and they may just get it if that means their total isolation from the western world.

It's only a matter of time before you meet a Russian who hasn't seen a banana for years.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,829
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
On the surface it may seem wise for Turkey to 'sit on the fence' whilst also providing Ukraine with aid such TB-2 ammunition.

However, on reflection this strategy will no doubt backfire given that Russia is untrustworthy. I can see Russia using the closure of Black Sea access as an excuse to apply sanction on Turkey or black Russian tourists from traveling to Turkey in the future. Its clear that Bayraktar popularity and its impact on the battefield will be noted by Russia, so one can also expect a Russian response from this.

If the Turkish government intends on maintaining strong ties with Russia to prevent economic damage they are being rather ignortant. Do they really expect Russians and Ukrainians to travel/holiday in Turkey given the immense damage war has brought to each nation's economy. Don't be surprised to see Russia having 'technical diffculties' with delivering gas to Turkey until the Bosphorus and Dardanelles are re-opened.
And that would also be a blessing in disguise. It’s better to have tourist from countries that aren’t acting as uncultured as Russians. If all inclusive offers were taken off the table the Russian tourists” numbers will dwindle.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
That's strange,
assuming that this map is true, Russian controlled area is getting bigger and bigger and yet most of you guys keep posting how great the Ukrainian destroying Russian asset
it's kind a confusing things to me
We're mocking the fact that Russians are taking heavy casualties in the process and making much slower progress. They are supposed to be the 2nd strongest army in the world, this is embarrassing. For the record, I don't think Ukraine can win this without NATO forces coming in to save them. Russian forces are too overwhelming regardless of how well the Ukrainians perform, sadly. But I can certainly say that almost nobody considers the Russian military to be a peer-force to Western militaries any more.

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We're mocking the fact that Russians are taking heavy casualties in the process and making much slower progress. They are supposed to be the 2nd strongest army in the world, this is embarrassing. For the record, I don't think Ukraine can win this without NATO forces coming in to save them. Russian forces are too overwhelming regardless of how well the Ukrainians perform, sadly. But I can certainly say that almost nobody considers the Russian military to be a peer-force to Western militaries any more.
are you suggesting or thinking that they should do it with much more power??
if US is taking about 4 years to destroy Iraq, decades in Afghanistan, how long you think that the Russian should take to take control of Ukraine??

i haven't seen them using their bomber like those Tu series or their newest fighter like SU57 maybe something older like SU 35.
please post the evidence in here if i was mistaken about those planes.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,829
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
One has to wonder if many / any if these seemingly dozens of captured Russian military vehicles are being re-purposed for Ukrainian defense. Obviously some are being sabotaged, while others are in rough shape, but one has to wonder if it's possible to get them working in Ukraine's favour.

Also, I've seen some road blocks and defensive positions built by locals, but I'd be curious, for example, of how much of an impediment to Russian logistics the civilians could possibly be if they did things such as as parking dozens of cars, in layers across main roads that Russians plan on traveling on, to connect their forces. If you leave supply lines open for the home team, I wonder if you could filter Russian armor into narrow areas, where you can attack them from advantageous positions.

Ultimately, I doubt it makes an enormous difference due to Russian air power, but you could turn this into even more of a costly, extensive grind than it already is for the Russians.
The personnelle would need training and there isn’t any time for that.

which why easy and simple to use stuff is very important. IFV and such could be utilized, but any abandonned vehicle mudt be sabotaged thoroughly or destroyed/hid well.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,747
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ukrainians know that they will eventually lose the war. Ukrainian strategy revolves around delaying the invasion and bleeding the invasion force. Russia committed a huge invasion force for Ukraine. The more force you commit for the invasion the more logistics you need. Supply issues grow exponentially harder the more troop you deploy and 200k is a lot. For example, Turkiye deployed around 5k troops for Operation Olive Branch. Turkiye could have easily deployed 10 times of that. That is also why Ukraine is attacking supply trains outside of the combat zone. Supply convoys and supply trucks are always a priority for Ukrainian Armed Forces. It is a huge burden even for Russia to sustain such a huge force. Especially now considering that the Russian economy will be devastated in a few months. I wonder how much money is spent to sustain that invasion force for 24 hours. The more Ukrainians delay and bleed the more Russians will lose the will to fight and Putin will lose the control of the average Russian. Russia is a place of revolutions. If I were Putin I would watch out for that.

Anyway, Turkiye delivered a new batch of TB2 drones to Ukraine. Those are probably the 4 drones waiting for delivery.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Just to drop in and congratulate that you are not dropped in this mess, very mature and wise position taken by your authorities.

On the other hand, despite clumsy performance and lot of casaulties it is obvious that russian's will achieve decisive victory over ukrainian's but their conventional equpment and armed forces wlli be with permanently tarnished image as professional and effective military force. so many blunders on tactical level and inability for waging non conventional operations.

Last edited:

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,942
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Just to drop in and congratulate that you are not dropped in this mess, very mature and wise position taken by your authorities.

On the other hand, despite clumsy performance and lot of casaulties it is obvious that russian's will achieve decisive victory over ukrainian's but their conventional but with permanently tarnished image as professional and effective military force. so many blunders on tactical level and inability for waging non conventional operations.
Our present government simply had no alternative but to tapdance their way out of an extremely awkward situation. It is not statesmanship, it is the survival instinct - nothing wrong with having one, of course.
  1. Russia is an overwhelming source of arms and ammunition for us, and it is well-known that Russian equipment requires major maintenance and upkeep. Alienating Russia is a sure way of cutting off the stream of supplies and spare parts.
  2. Not siding with Russia will also guarantee a closer understanding between Russia and China and Pakistan.
  3. Russia admittedly has counter-pressures, and will normally have been happy to keep the supplies flowing. It remains to be seen how much they need to block their production for replacement of battle attrition.
  4. Siding with Russia will surely annoy the west.
  5. Siding with Russia will not get her out of the China-Pakistan favouring zone.
Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Top Bottom