I mean I never had any high expectancy for their current electronics but the reason the news is considered significant is they domestically made that satellite without any kind of western assistance. Its like I dont expect a very certain country to immediately make 3 stream cycle engines for their 5th gen but a low bypass ratio engine would be good enough for them and their airspace to defend against any kind of aerial threats at high altitude performance. The goal is more towards to good enough for a conflict and then you can improve those conditions whenever you want.
Russia had some satellites. Just not enough to have frequent coverage over the target. The West has a lot of "commercial" recon satellites. Including whole constellations. So they have more timely data. Russia unfortunately never got into the recon constellation business. They only have a couple large recon sats like other governments. Since its a LEO and based on its height estimates that will go around the earth for 36 minutes so the plan of getting more satellites now is better than never.
The resolution is not the best but its enough to give intel of where columns of military vehicles are heading in a specific direction in the battlefield, identify airfields, and you cant hide a carrier or a destroyer from it, transfer of military equipment from trains and where they are heading, Intel on NATO countries and what amount of equipment and soldiers they have. I am very sure Ukraine had some amazing eyesight and coordination from the west but Russia is getting some eye surgery done.
since this is the 3rd tweet for today.
View attachment 67122
I can't decide if they are going into strike mode these last 2 weeks because, 1.is it better satellite to coordinate strikes, 2. a planned offensive since the weather will dry up. The west didn't even give the F-16s a chance to prove themselves and are downplaying them these last few days from their articles. I am assuming the last hype weapons they are going for is long range cruise missiles or long range land to land missiles.