Army Why isn't pakistan army buying left over US weapons from Afghanistan

Syragh

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Why isn't pakistan army buying leftover US army weopons pakistan local markets are flooded with such weopons they are hardly used potent weopons

Bilal Khan(Quwa) 

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
3 227
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I can confirm that they are. In fact, the Pakistani military's policy re: Afghanistan is to minimize its armaments as much as possible. They're doing it by buying up the leftover weapons (while using trade and food access as leverage). Pakistan's next step is to invest and own Afghan energy projects, especially pipelines from Central Asia.

VCheng

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I can confirm that they are. In fact, the Pakistani military's policy re: Afghanistan is to minimize its armaments as much as possible. They're doing it by buying up the leftover weapons (while using trade and food access as leverage). Pakistan's next step is to invest and own Afghan energy projects, especially pipelines from Central Asia.

The concept of "strategic depth" endures, for better or worse, apparently.

Syragh

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
These weopons are flooding the local markets of kpk they can fall in to the wrong hands

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I guess slow and steady may win the day then.

Fatman17

Committed member
Reactions
9 459
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Why isn't pakistan army buying leftover US army weopons pakistan local markets are flooded with such weopons they are hardly used potent weopons

Most of the weaponry left behind has been rendered derelict. The army has already lifted weaponry which was in working condition like mraps etc but it was only 5-10% of the total left behind.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom