Land of the Turks

Waz

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Selam brothers. I couldn't find the introduction section so I thought I'd say hello to you guys here.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,758
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Selam brothers. I couldn't find the introduction section so I thought I'd say hello to you guys here.
Wait a second... Is it really you? Wa Alaykum As Salam brother! For sure a face that I respect a lot. Glad to see you here :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Waz

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Wait a second... Is it really you? Wa Alaykum As Salam brother! For sure a face that I respect a lot. Glad to see you here :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Thank you bro the feeling is of course mutual, good to see all the Turkish kin here.
Thankfully no one took my name, otherwise I'd be spending the best part of my time trying to prove I am the real 'Waz'.
I've come to support our Azeri bros, and of course you guys with your endeavours on the first Turkish English forum.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,933
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hi guys,

So who else on here is from the "other place"? :D

ps: Is this forum Turkish owned?

Almost all of them. It's Turk owned but there is no race or nation here. Feel free and enjoy while writing. Btw welcome to DefenceHUB.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,570
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria

Aren’t there enough green area to soak up all that rain ?

No matter in which city you are and how green it is if the storm is big you will always have problems. In a gigantic city like Istanbul which has a pretty hilly terrain too you will always have lower points where most of the water will go during a big rain.

The bigger problem for me here is what happens with all this water. I am absolutely sure that 99% of all rain water over Istanbul goes to waste- to the sewers or to the sea. With the climate changing and water resources getting more and more important I think that everywhere around Turkey there should be investments into systems for collecting rain water. It’s a Technology that is more and more widely used in modern skyscrapers and architecture plus it’s not hard and expensive to be used by households too.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom