TR Casual Discussion Çay Bahçesi

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Alevis have to make peace with the facts of Turkish history and stop hating the Turkish government.
We won't stop naming stuff with the great names we had in hisotry because somebody has a dislike for it.
We have too many big projects to name after all. But I have a little treat for Alavis if I can make it happen that they will be delighted to see. They should just remember me if they see it. They will know when they see it.
There is no Turkish government. There is Akp government and it is anything but Turkish.

''Alevis have to make peace with the facts of Turkish history''

If you are talking about acknowledging historical facts thats another subject. I do agree that Selim I did what a typical medieval monarch would do in his time and the claims that he massacred 40.000 dont hold up to historical foundings. The problem is government also perceives Selim I in the same way but praises him for it and gives sectarian undertones.

Also Akp government and groups associated with it are literally the most revisionist political entities on history. They made a hero out of Abdulhamid. Their groups desperately try to label Ataturk as a traitor.

Erdogan is a person that visited piece of shit Kadir Mısıroglu in his death bed, also invited him to his ''sarai''.

So it is funny of you to criticise someone else of not making peace with the historical facts. Akp literally cant make peace with the founder of our republic.

''But I have a little treat for Alavis if I can make it happen that they will be delighted to see. They should just remember me if they see it. They will know when they see it.''

Why am I getting some distorted vibes from this as if you are talking in a sarcastic manner? Are you going to mark their doors with ''X''?

Edit: I also forgot to mention Akp made an advocate of one of the responsibles of Madimak massacre a deputy.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,193
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is no Turkish government. There is Akp government and it is anything but Turkish.

''Alevis have to make peace with the facts of Turkish history''

If you are talking about acknowledging historical facts thats another subject. I do agree that Selim I did what a typical medieval monarch would do in his time and the claims that he massacred 40.000 dont hold up to historical foundings. The problem is government also perceives Selim I in the same way but praises him for it and gives sectarian undertones.

Also Akp government and groups associated with it are literally the most revisionist political entities on history. They made a hero out of Abdulhamid. Their groups desperately try to label Ataturk as a traitor.

Erdogan is a person that visited piece of shit Kadir Mısıroglu in his death bed, also invited him to his ''sarai''.

So it is funny of you to criticise someone else of not making peace with the historical facts. Akp literally cant make peace with the founder of our republic.

''But I have a little treat for Alavis if I can make it happen that they will be delighted to see. They should just remember me if they see it. They will know when they see it.''

Why am I getting some distorted vibes from this as if you are talking in a sarcastic manner? Are you going to mark their doors with ''X''?

Edit: I also forgot to mention Akp made an advocate of one of the responsibles of Madimak massacre a deputy.
You are loaded with misconceptions and all and I will not discuss anymore.

No, I really mean well when I said a treat.
It is not in my power alone to make it happen but I still have a say in it.
It is not a treat because of favoritism but because it is fitting.
I would calmly celebrate it if I were Alevi (we love Ali, was also my brothers name).

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are loaded with misconceptions and all and I will not discuss anymore.

No, I really mean well when I said a treat.

Alright I just made a joke about your figure of speech. I know you meant well.

''You are loaded with misconceptions and all and I will not discuss anymore.''

Isnt this forum the right place to discuss these, especially when the dear mod put us under the right thread?
I would really like to know where I am wrong at.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,193
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Alright I just made a joke about your figure of speech. I know you meant well.

''You are loaded with misconceptions and all and I will not discuss anymore.''

Isnt this forum the right place to discuss these, especially when the dear mod put us under the right thread?
I would really like to know where I am wrong at.
I don't have a lot of things to say about them but simply put; people will not be happy fostering differences/grievances, it will wear us off while I want to gather all the power we can as I don't settle for less.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What was he before AKP made him a hero? I saw his profile pic on this AKP supporter profile pic on defence pk but dont know much about how non religious Turks percieve him.

He was nothing. He was like an anectode in history.

I mean if you dive into history however he was actually nothing like they depict in their cheap propaganda series. Many historians pointed this out in media.

He was a man who enjoyed opera and even wrote a book on the dance: Vals. He was a fairly westernised type. He opened many westernised schools so he actually had nothing to do with Erdogans ideology in that regard.
He did adopt islamic policies but that was because his reign just came across the time where the Balkan Christian nations seperated from the Empire. So all that was left were Arabs, Kurds and Turks. So he did the most natural thing: played to islamism. There were also increasing missionary activities from US in Anatolia especially towards Armenians so he was anxious about that too.

But he was mainly criticised by literally everyone for his paranoid and authoritarian ruling. He promised constitutionalism but removed it the moment he got to throne. Because of his paranoidness he let a navy rot in the Bosphorus.
He also built himself a new sarai: Yildiz Sarai after taking loan money from foreigners to do it. It infuriated everyone since the empire was already bankrupt and was sink in debts to its throat and he took more debts just to build a new sarai to himself. Think about it.
It actually reminds me of someone...

He was most well known for making absurd bans on certain words.

He banned the word ''Yıldız''. Yıldız means star in Turkish and it was the name of his new sarai I mentioned earlier. Because he took loans just to build it, people were critical and just to prevent them even from punning he banned the word.

He banned ''tahta kurusu''. Tahta kurusu means bedbug. You will say ''wtf'' here. See, tahta kurusu sounds like ''tahtı kurusun''. Which means ''his throne shall rot''

He banned ''burun'' which means nose because he didnt like his nose.

He banned ''vatan'' which means homeland. He didnt like it because homeland carries the idea of equal citizens. Ottoman dynasty saw themselves as the owners of the state and everyone under it belonged to them. A poet called Namik Kemal had to escape because of his poem: vatan. Words like Hürriyet(freedom) was also banned.

He banned ''kanun-i esasi'' the first Ottoman constitution. Guess who also doesnt respect constitutions?

The way classical Turkish historiography described him was that he was a backstep in the democritizing Ottoman society. Ottomans declared their first constitution, Ottomans passed to constitutional monarchy but this one sultan between the two constitutional monarchy periods managed to take the ropes in his hands again and had a 33 years of rule.

In the last year of his rule. CUP was founded and they pressurized him to declare 2nd constitutional monarchy. He did it but he organised a very retrogressive islamic pro-sharia uprising: 31 March uprising.

An army called ''Hareket Ordusu'' in which Mustafa Kemal Ataturk was the chief of staff, supressed this uprising. Abdülhamid was removed from the throne. 9 years later he died.

Last edited:

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't have a lot of things to say about them but simply put; people will not be happy fostering differences/grievances, it will wear us off while I want to gather all the power we can as I don't settle for less.

I am on the same page with you here.
I am all for the grieviences in the past between two groups to be forgotten.

Naming things that are supposed to be the common pride of the nation(first tactical drone) after one sides victory on the other doesnt serve this however. It serves to opposite. It reminds people of the grivences and undertones.

I mean a war between Aq Koyunlu and Qara Koyunlu. We should review this battle as neutrals right? Two Turkmen states fighting against each other. This should be the same way we review Chaldiran is what I am saying. It was a brother fight. Azerbaijani text books write this battle with regret and as brother fight. But when you put its name on your first tactical drone, you imply you are proud that this happened.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,193
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am on the same page with you here.
I am all for the grieviences in the past between two groups to be forgotten.

Naming things that are supposed to be the common pride of the nation(first tactical drone) after one sides victory on the other doesnt serve this however. It serves to opposite. It reminds people of the grivences and undertones.

I mean a war between Aq Koyunlu and Qara Koyunlu. We should review this battle as neutrals right? Two Turkmen states fighting against each other. This should be the same way we review Chaldiran is what I am saying. It was a brother fight. Azerbaijani text books write this battle with regret and as brother fight. But when you put its name on your first tactical drone, you imply you are proud that this happened.
I didn't even know exactly where the name came from until now, this is how much it means to me. And the name was not there to stay as we call the planes Bayraktar now, and very few people remembers its prototype name.

In history even same father brothers waged war between them so both the defeat and the victory belongs to us.
I would rather look into the future, there are many more things to come to name. Anyway.

Last edited:

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Nein2.0
I am responding here since this topic isnt related to drones directly.

He was actually defeated by his father you are aware right? After the defeat janissaries put him on the throne.
There was Mehmet I who had to build from kind of zero and I personally like Murat II as a soldier.

''In 8 years he achieved in a small amount of time. There is a reason why pan turkic nationalists like Nihal Atsiz praise Yavuz Sultan Selim.''

I mean you say in 8 years but that army was formed before that 8 years in 200 years. He defeated Safavids once and he defeated Mamluks twice. Of course it is remarkable, I am just saying calling him one of the best is exaggeration. We have men like Mahmut of Ghazna, Qutuz, Aibek, Baibars, Kilij Arslan, Murat II, Jalaladdin Menguberdi, Alp Arslan, Iltutmish, Imaddeddin Zengi etc.

''You are talking about a army that was undefeated. Shah Ismail was not a underdog''

Undefeated to whom is the real deal. Aq Koyunlu, Shirvanshah, Uzbeks. Safavids had great cavalry but horses didnt obey their riders when they heard the Ottoman cannons. Ottoman army had established military doctrines. If you watch ''Kings and Generals'' you can see Ottoman military doctrine is to drag the enemy army in front of the centre and centre to finish off with volley fire and cannons. Same tactic in Mohacs.

'' his Qizilbash bretheren worship him as some sort of messiah hence why who needs guns and cannons when our leader is unstoppable.''

This messianic bullshit was the reason they were defeated. All Ismail had to do was to keep stalling Selim and using scorched earth tactics. Selims army was on the verge of riot. Even janissaries shot a bow to his tent as a warning. It was going catastrophic for the Ottomans. Selim was desperately trying to lure Ismail in a battle by insulting him in his letters. But Ismail, being the fool he is, got provoked by the insults and faced Selims numerically/technologically superior army. In the battle Ismail even ignored the advice of his top general Nur Ali when he told him to make use of the only advantage of his army: mobility. To attack Ottomans before they could settle their army in the area. Ismail declined saying he didnt need such ''pesky'' tactics as Allah was on his side. He was also drunk during the battle.

''Why do you think Arabs hate Yavuz so much?? Because he took their leadership. Imagine that a Turk taking the leadership of caliphate. Most of the Caliphates were Arab now you have the Turks ruling.''

Arabs right now hate him because of modern Arab nationalism. They also use Mamluks as a symbol of Arab resistance to Turkish imperialism. The catch is, Mamluks were also Turks. This became a thing recently when Erdogan started supporting ikhwan and interfered with Arab inner politics.
Also it is a common misconception that Ottomans used their caliph title in their classical era. This title was remembered during the falling period of the empire.

''I dont think our Azerbaijani brothers are offended most of the Azerbaijanis I talked to on social media praise the Ottoman Empire due to their Oghuz Turkic heritage.''

Of course they are proud of the Ottoman Empire. The thing is, battle of Chaldiran is the part of Ottoman Empire that may be offensive to them. For example Mohacs or any other victory against...basically someone else, someone christian and non-Turkic would save the day. Since Azerbaijani consider Safavids as their own ancestor. I mean it is like Uzbeks naming sth Ankara. Even that isnt an excellent example because in Ankara many Anatolian Turks defected to Timurs side. Also there is a sectarian undertone in Chaldiran unfortunately and this government already has a bad reputation for this.

''Unlike a lot of Turks of Turkey who hate the Ottomans and see them as a source of shame I came across with a lot of these people.''
It is a reactionary thing because there are some people willing to undo the revolutions of the republic.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,093
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Nein2.0
I am responding here since this topic isnt related to drones directly.

He was actually defeated by his father you are aware right? After the defeat janissaries put him on the throne.
There was Mehmet I who had to build from kind of zero and I personally like Murat II as a soldier.

''In 8 years he achieved in a small amount of time. There is a reason why pan turkic nationalists like Nihal Atsiz praise Yavuz Sultan Selim.''

I mean you say in 8 years but that army was formed before that 8 years in 200 years. He defeated Safavids once and he defeated Mamluks twice. Of course it is remarkable, I am just saying calling him one of the best is exaggeration. We have men like Mahmut of Ghazna, Qutuz, Aibek, Baibars, Kilij Arslan, Murat II, Jalaladdin Menguberdi, Alp Arslan, Iltutmish, Imaddeddin Zengi etc.

''You are talking about a army that was undefeated. Shah Ismail was not a underdog''

Undefeated to whom is the real deal. Aq Koyunlu, Shirvanshah, Uzbeks. Safavids had great cavalry but horses didnt obey their riders when they heard the Ottoman cannons. Ottoman army had established military doctrines. If you watch ''Kings and Generals'' you can see Ottoman military doctrine is to drag the enemy army in front of the centre and centre to finish off with volley fire and cannons. Same tactic in Mohacs.

'' his Qizilbash bretheren worship him as some sort of messiah hence why who needs guns and cannons when our leader is unstoppable.''

This messianic bullshit was the reason they were defeated. All Ismail had to do was to keep stalling Selim and using scorched earth tactics. Selims army was on the verge of riot. Even janissaries shot a bow to his tent as a warning. It was going catastrophic for the Ottomans. Selim was desperately trying to lure Ismail in a battle by insulting him in his letters. But Ismail, being the fool he is, got provoked by the insults and faced Selims numerically/technologically superior army. In the battle Ismail even ignored the advice of his top general Nur Ali when he told him to make use of the only advantage of his army: mobility. To attack Ottomans before they could settle their army in the area. Ismail declined saying he didnt need such ''pesky'' tactics as Allah was on his side. He was also drunk during the battle.

''Why do you think Arabs hate Yavuz so much?? Because he took their leadership. Imagine that a Turk taking the leadership of caliphate. Most of the Caliphates were Arab now you have the Turks ruling.''

Arabs right now hate him because of modern Arab nationalism. They also use Mamluks as a symbol of Arab resistance to Turkish imperialism. The catch is, Mamluks were also Turks. This became a thing recently when Erdogan started supporting ikhwan and interfered with Arab inner politics.
Also it is a common misconception that Ottomans used their caliph title in their classical era. This title was remembered during the falling period of the empire.

''I dont think our Azerbaijani brothers are offended most of the Azerbaijanis I talked to on social media praise the Ottoman Empire due to their Oghuz Turkic heritage.''

Of course they are proud of the Ottoman Empire. The thing is, battle of Chaldiran is the part of Ottoman Empire that may be offensive to them. For example Mohacs or any other victory against...basically someone else, someone christian and non-Turkic would save the day. Since Azerbaijani consider Safavids as their own ancestor. I mean it is like Uzbeks naming sth Ankara. Even that isnt an excellent example because in Ankara many Anatolian Turks defected to Timurs side. Also there is a sectarian undertone in Chaldiran unfortunately and this government already has a bad reputation for this.

''Unlike a lot of Turks of Turkey who hate the Ottomans and see them as a source of shame I came across with a lot of these people.''
It is a reactionary thing because there are some people willing to undo the revolutions of the republic.

We can agree to disagree I do believe Yavuz is underrated if not overlooked as a figure in our history.

Well the Ottomans and the Safavids both did secratarian politics. Religion was just a excuse in a geopolitical struggle.

Ottomans reformed themselves to accomodate new forms of technology. Safavids were late if not ignored such technology as they believed their cavalry will win the day. Only after Shah Ismails death that the Safavids began to embrace the gunpowder revolution. Ottomans were not losing the battle was in a deadlock Shah Ismail had disastrous casualties with the use of artillery. Only way Shah Ismail could have won if did a risky night attack. Numbers dont mean anything to be honest when the Ottomans the technology and employed the right strategy and tactics. It was not luck it was pure skill and determination. Shows us once again how technology can tip the scale.

Yavuz Sultan had his setbacks you got to remember the guy fought his own dynasty even did a military coup against his father.

Babur even before making his own empire suffered lots of defeats nearly even got killed. But the man never gave up. Yavuz came at a time when the empire was in crisis. I mean you had internal problems also rebellions while the Mamluks and Safavids were geared up for war.

Safavids under Shah Ismail were defeating everybody. Yavuz may came from the Ottoman dynasty like Babur he had to fight for it. Babur came from both the Genghis and Timur dynasty still had to fight for his place.

Yavuz and Babur despite their lossea even setbacks they still overcame it and became victors themselves. That deserves respect if not well deserved credit because they did not give up.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,193
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yavuz simply tripled the Ottoman land size, I love it.
There maybe people who do not want Ottoman greatness, shame on them.

I would rate leaders' strenght based on how much opposition they managed to overcome both in wars and otherwise and how much power they gathered for the nation both hard power and soft.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,093
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yavuz simply tripled the Ottoman land size, I love it.
There maybe people who do not want Ottoman greatness, shame on them.

I would rate leaders' strenght based on how much opposition they managed to overcome both in wars and otherwise and how much power they gathered for the nation both hard power and soft.

He also played an enormous role in Sultan Suleymans life. He literally laid the foundations for him to be successful.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,975
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nasser lost not due to foolish islamists or sufi tariqas but due to his stupid incompetence and his incompetent army.

Arab armies are all a trainwreck.
Ok another example first Balkan War many places in the Balkans were taken without any resistance or Iraq War majority of the Iraqi Army stopped fighting while Iraqi Republican Guard kept fighting.

You don't let cemaat members into military, a soldier has to be LOYAL to the NATION not some towelhead cemaat leader who could turn into FETO 2.0 in the future.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,093
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ok another example first Balkan War many places were taken without any resistance or Iraq War majority of the Iraqi Army stopped fighting while Iraqi Republican Guard kept fighting.

Republican guard was loyal to saddam the iraqi army was diverse not to mention saddam limited their abilities lest they overthrow him. Balkan wars all the officers were fighting among each other and the plans of how the Ottoman chief of staff scrapped Goltz pashas plan of a defensive war led to defeat because the Ottomans went on the offensive tried to fight everybody.

I find tariqa issue too simplistic.

Arab armies are not to fight but for the dictators to keep their power.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,975
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's how FETO infiltrated TSK but again same mistakes are made, if you don't learn from your past mistakes it's your own fault.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,093
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's how FETO infiltrated TSK but again same mistakes are made, if you don't learn from your past mistakes it's your own fault.

Im against tariqas to be honest. They are all screwed.

In the past you had many good ones like senussi and naqshabandis today most are all frauds and con artists.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,975
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Im against tariqas to be honest. They are all screwed.

In the past you had many good ones like senussi and naqshabandis today most are all frauds and con artists.
Senussi and Naqshibandi in the Caucasus fought for their Independence and against occupation but the tariqas in Turkey are doing everything for money and power.

Ayni bokun laciverti, if you don't learn from your past mistakes you will learn it the hard way in the future.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom