Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,534
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
1698417765745.png

Today, we are proud and excited to celebrate the 100th anniversary of our Republic. I congratulate 29th October, The Republic Day with my most sincere feelings.

Our Republic was established as a result of great and honorable struggle, with the thousands of sacrifices of our noble nation a century ago under the leadership of Gazi Mustafa Kemal ATATURK.

Our noble nation overcomes all these difficulties with the beat of one heart and the strike of one hand, strengthening it day by day as it has for thousands of years.

Turkiye is now an active and powerful State whose sphere of influence and interest is expanding day by day and which has a say in its region and the world.

These lands on which we breathe freely, live and continue our lives are entrusted to us by our martyrs and veterans. These lands, where a lion lies on every inch, are also the world's largest martyrdom memorial.

Turkiye stands tall today, as it did yesterday, thanks to the sacrifices of its martyrs and veterans.

With these feelings and thoughts, I remember with respect and gratitude all our statesmen and commanders, from Sultan Alparslan to Gazi Mustafa Kemal ATATURK, who contributed to us reaching these levels in these lands that have been our homeland for a thousand years.

Once again, we remember with gratitude our martyrs, our heroic veterans who have passed away, who had the biggest share in our success, and I express my respect and gratitude to our heroes who are still on duty and their precious families.

The shining star of Anatolia
The waterfall is like a flood of the glorious Nation
Türkiye shakes the world for the century
A passion in heart with unshakable faith

This land, this sea, this flag is ours
Epics that don't fit into history are ours
The fate of Turkishness is written on your bosom
This country is ours, engraved in our hearts

Our Republic will be celebrated for centuries
Our hands will always reach out to the bright blue skies
We will all walk on this blessed path opened by Gazi.

The passion for freedom is in my veins
Every warrior of steel in my skies
We cling to each other like ivy branches
This is nation with one heart in its most difficult hour

If only the enemies would rain down from the sky
If the seas foam and overflow from the mountains
We did not bow to anyone, we will not bow our neck to anyone
He created the hero, He created the Turk

Our hands will always reach out to the bright blue skies

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Modern Turkey’s foundation was finally formed in to shape on 29th of October 1923, as it clearly stated that the Turkish State that rose from the ashes of an Empire is now a Republic.
But the true foundation of the Turkish state was set in 1920 on 23rd of April when the National Assembly Government was accepted as the representative of the new Turkish nation.

So these two dates are equally important to all true Turks.

(How happy is the one who says I am a Turk)

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,732
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The collapse of the Ottoman state, the difficulties experienced during World War I and the War of Independence, lives and history on the brink of extinction, where everyone can easily fall apart except for a will of steel, almost a miracle is needed. from the point of extinction to the 100 years of the republic. As easy as it is to say, but how hard it is to believe for those who are little interested in it.

Tomorrow is the day! The day I had been waiting for like a magical moment all my life has arrived.

I have been suffering from a severe infection for a few days, even I am writing this from bed in sick. I also had a serious fire threat this week, the bussiness related devices, files and documents were gone. Well, this is not how I imagined these days when I was a child. Still, even if I know that a meteorite will fall tomorrow, even if I know that I will die of illness, I will participate in the celebrations. Maybe we are not a species that has the will to determine everything that happens to us, we do not know where our lives will end, but it is in our will to keep the noble belief that makes that life meaningful and to pass on the flag as we received it. As we learn it.

Our Republic, the greatest legacy and the hidden weapon of the Turkish nation left by the late Atatürk, is a true Ergenekon. Generations will grow it, sharpen it.

Long live the Republic
Long live the Turkish nation
Long live Gazi Atatürk

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,058
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Happy 100th anniversary.

Thankful from the bottom of my heart to our leader, commanders and soldiers alongside the common people who supported our warriors to fight against the invaders and their puppets.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
A history full of glories and falls, abundance and scarce, rich and poor that started its journey as scattered tribes of a nomadic nation somewhere in Central Asia and continuing in Anatolia, eternal homeland of Turks.

A history that spans over two millennia filled with trials and tribulations in search of a better, stronger, united and constant Turkish state through cultural enrichment, multicultural shift.

A history where you fail miserably and fell on the ground, out of breath, they tear you limb for limb and say “this time they’re gone forever”, you rise up again, fight back and say “the hell I am!” like you did in the past and reborn as a brand new state. A republic!

This republic unites us, divides us, brings out the best in us, brings out the worst in us, makes us happy, makes us sad.
But it is our republic.
It defines our home.
We are a republic!

Tell me it does not give you hope
Tell me it’s tried for a century and don’t work
Tell me we did not earn the most dignified form of government
Tell me it was not an exhilarating ride
Tell me you did not enjoy the ride

The first century of this young republic was a mere preview of main attraction to follow for centuries.

If you enjoyed the show, if you loved the adventurous odyssey of Turks, like me, hit the “continue” button.

İyi ki doğdun, iyi ki varsın Türkiye Cumhuriyeti 🇹🇷
Nice Yüzyıllara!
Atatürk başta olmak üzere, bütün emeği geçenlere, seni kurarken toprağın altına giren bütün ecdadımıza en içten saygı ve sevgilerimle.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,969
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Gentlemen in a few hours today exactly 100 years ago the famous words "Efendiler! Yarin Cumhuriyeti ilan edecegiz!" were spoken and the next day changed the history of a whole nation, a nation that tomorrow will celebrate it's 100th anniversary.

Hepimizin Cumhuriyet bayrami kutlu olsun.
1698500036338.png

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Cumhuriyetimizin 100.yılı kutlu olsun!! Let us commemorate all our veterans and martyrs, especially the Great Leader Mustafa Kemal Atatürk who fought in Salvation War.And we shall remember that we have a duty to raise our national culture above the level of contemporary civilizations!!

cumhuriyetimizin-100-yili-kutlu-olsun_10803806-3812_1800x945.jpg

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,393
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
To all of our Turkish borthers and sisters, i congratulate you on the 100th anniversary of your beautiful Republic.

I can only imagine, how proud you must be feeling today.

This day.......It's beautiful and glorious.

And all the best wishes to you from the bottom of my heart, as you step into the next century.

May the Turkish youth and who are yet to come be worthy of their noble ancestors.........May Türkiye continue to be an example to be followed........May Allah protect you and the Turkish Nation from all the Evil that seeks to harm you.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,278
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
Happy centenary to the Turkish Republic, it's people and our Turkish friends in this forum. Me and my countrymen are grateful for the helping hand provided by the Turkish nationals during the Korean War still to this day. Congratulations for its legacy of the past century and hopefully we'll see the trend of strong growth continue into the next century.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom