DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,389
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Supreme Election Council chief says Erdogan leads rival with nearly 92% of votes counted​

From CNN's Hande Atay Alam

Ahmet Yener, chief of Turkey's Supreme Election Council, speaks to the media in Ankara, Turkey on May 15.
Ahmet Yener, chief of Turkey's Supreme Election Council, speaks to the media in Ankara, Turkey on May 15. Cagla Gurdogan/Reuters

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is leading the polls with 91.93% of the votes counted so far, the head of Turkey's Supreme Election Council said early Monday.
In a televised speech, council chief Ahmet Yener said Erdogan had received 49.49% of the vote, while his main challenger, Kemal Kilicdaroglu, received 44.79%.
The third presidential candidate, Sinan Ogan, an ultra-nationalist allied with Erdogan, has received 5.29%, Yener said.
Votes are still being counted, Yener emphasized.
If no candidate wins a majority, they will go to a second vote — which would be a first for Erdogan.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,389
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Do you guys think remaining 8.07% uncounted vote can still change the outcome in favor of opposition candidate?

Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do you guys think remaining 8.7% uncounted vote can still change the outcome in favor of opposition candidate?

Not much. The election most likely(if not Erdogan wins) will go to the second round.

Only question is how much behind will KK go to the second round if it will go to the second round.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I knew the chances of opposition winning were diminished the moment Kilictaroglu announced himself as candidate. Iyi party bitching about it didnt help either, they should have known their candidate beforehand before making a public outcry. Erdo will rule many years with this voter base and such a dumb opposition.
Well congrats to erdogan supporters and much patience to the rest of the country, kilictaroglus love for seat gave away a historic chance...

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,046
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Im surprised how the Turkish political system has no term limits also I just found out Australia also has no term limits for PM.

Hence why John Howard stayed as pm for 11 years.

Interesting stuff but isnt it better term limits are introduced?

Whats people's opinion on this?

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Im surprised how the Turkish political system has no term limits also I just found out Australia also has no term limits for PM.

Turkey had term limit now.only 2 term limit for cumhurbaşkan now.RTE is a specıal case.He didnt count the term before 2018

And for parliamentary system,never had any term limits ın whole world

Lıke Abe in japan,Angela Merkel ın germany,Netanyahu ın Israel. Margaret Thatcher ın UK. They all almost 10years or longer.

So when 2014 RTE chose presidential system wıth term limit ı was surprise because He can unlımıt term wıth AKP

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

There was a term limit even when he was the prime minister, he changed the government to a presidential system so when he was elected president, his term count reset.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There was a term limit even when he was the prime minister, he changed the government to a presidential system so when he was elected president, his term count reset.
In my knowledge No official term limit when he was the prime minister.

Just a 3 term limit within AKP.He can overcome it easily.

If i wrong correct me.Süleyman Demirel 10years and İsmet İnonu PM 16years

UK,Japan,German.... PM also no term limit

Last edited:

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,634
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It looks like an AKP win with parliamentary majority and Erdogan takes the presidency

4 more years

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,046
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Basically Tayyip is a smart man.

Exploits loopholes to his favour.

Shows how democracy is full of loopholes.

Dont hate the player hate the game.

How he gets away with it is the big question.

I watched the news again guess what Tayyip Erdogan started singing to the crowd in Ankara 🤣🤣🤣

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,634
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the meantime, an important detail is that RTE easily won the provinces affected by the earthquake and even the regions most affected by irregular migration(except Istanbul). It is necessary to think long and hard about the sociological reasons for this.

Big questions about this. AKP won large support in the poorest areas.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,046
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Halktv the Chps own Ahaber is salty and coping.

These dumbasses could have easily critised why KK is the candidate.

But instead are asking how did RTE win.

Pathetic garbage none of these channels would question their parties and their leaders.

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
there is no such thing prove it to me give me the exact item in constitution that state that
When I said "reset" I meant that his term limit as the prime minister didn't count when he became president. His term limit was up as the prime minister, so he became the president and changed the constitution to a presidential system.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
This result shows that the forum is a good indicator for the election results.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,692
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are only 27 unopened local ballot boxes left. Counting votes from foreign countries continues Erdoğan probably needs around 300-400k votes to win. IMHO Erdo has %49 chance to win the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom