xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China

A Marvelous Tibet Women’s and Children’s Hospital​

This large women’s and children’s hospital in Tibet autonomous region was put into operation in 2019.

The new hospital was built at a cost of 600 million yuan ($94 million), the hospital complex covers an area of 89,000 square meters.

This TIbetan women's and children's hospital has 650 beds for inpatient use and expects to serve 2,000 outpatients every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Tibet Women’s and Children’s Hospital, shape of a flying Khata

旋转角度的南北两翼——李奔跑.jpg

远看西藏自治区妇产儿童医院2——李奔跑.jpg
空中的“哈达”3——吕博.jpg
空中的“哈达”2——吕博.jpg
空中的“哈达”1——吕博.jpg
街景中的西藏自治区妇产儿童医院——吕博.jpg
采光天井——吕博.jpg

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Tibet Woman’s and Children’s Hospital, A colorful hospital

When it comes to Tibet, the first impression must be colorful. As the colors of the prayer flags are the blue of the sky, the white of the clouds, the red of the flame, the green of the water, and the yellow of the earth;Over a long period of time, it has been endowed in architecture, clothing and food, and it has become an important feature of culture.The hospital, the highest on the plateau, is the first truly children’s hospital in the Tibet autonomous region.

The front of the hospital
05-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x540.jpg

Dancing Hada
From the air, the maternity and children’s hospital of Tibet autonomous region is dancing like two lucky Hada — dancing Hada. In the Tibetan culture, it is a traditional and lofty ceremony. Hada represents the meaning of auspiciousness and congratulations.

Overlooking the hospital like a dancing Hada

02-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture.jpg

The Hada’s north and south wings are children’s complex building and woman’s health care complex building respectively, children are noisy, active and patients, and maternal needs to be quiet and relaxed and not sick, is suitable for the north and south. The central colorful building is a shared medical core group.

Overlooking the north and south wings with a sharing group

03-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x719.jpg

04-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x418.jpg

The newly completed maternity and children’s hospital of Tibet adopts the international advanced concept, has the domestic advanced medical equipment configuration, is endowed with the regional cultural characteristics.

The woman’s and children’s hospital of Tibet autonomous region in street view
07-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x540.jpg

Hada in the air

08-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x342.jpg

09-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x420.jpg

Colorful
The perforated panels with scattered colors are inspired by the colorful Tibetan culture, which is both a frame for the outdoor scenery and a backdrop for the interior.

Perforated plates with scattered colors

15-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x553.jpg

13-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x588.jpg

Permeable coloration

16-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x568.jpg

17-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x720.jpg

Sunshine
The north and south wings rotate at an angle of 22° for full sunlight.

Daylighting patio
11-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x1280.jpg

Light from the roof ensures plenty of sunlight inside, so don’t need to turn on the lights

Entrance light dome
25-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x720.jpg

Central lighting patio

20-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x528.jpg

The back patio
19-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x720.jpg

The three colors in the hall, dark blue represents the ocean, green represents the forest, and light blue represents the sky.

Hall of sea forest sky color

18-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x1426.jpg

Use green for children part to make them quieter, use orange for woman part to make them more sweet. The color system is applied in future object and document management.

Green space for children

24-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x519.jpg

Orange space for pregnant woman

22-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x487.jpg

23-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x662.jpg

A cultural, advanced and well-liked hospital for pregnant women and children in the Tibet autonomous region in the Tibetan plateau
01-Tibet-Woman-and-Children-Hospital_Bazuo-Architecture-960x540.jpg

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
@ Beijingwalker

Firstly I like the pictures, nice work. But I also like to add some realities about Tibet for people who do not know Tibet.

As someone who has been in Tibet, many parts of it from Lhasa to almost to the Xinjian border I have seen how much infrastructure China is bringing to Tibet. Mount Chomulungma (himalaya) and basecamp 1 is very nice.

In one way I can say Tibet is in that regard lucky cos only China can modernize Tibet the way it is modernized but it does not take away that China has occupied Tibet. And yes I have been in Lhasa city hall that has been turned into a museum where the Chinese made a nice English writing declaring that China has "liberated" Tibet (JUST LOL!)

Tibet is now part of China where the population of the local Tibetans are around 2mln and occupied by about 8mln Han Chinese. They have become minority in their own country in such way that a free Tibet is not possible anymore. Everywhere in Tibet there is a lot of military and you have to pass military checkpoints on about every 40-50km. Foreigners have to register at the police station of the city in which hotel they reside and declare why they are there. Only certain hotels are available for foreigners and everything is under strict watch of the Chinese police / military (in other words Tibet is not a free country, nor free province like the Chinese like to call)

PS. I've been also in Beijing, very nice city in every aspect. Forbidden city and the great wall are great architectures.

Tell me why do the Chinese believe that Beijing is the center of the world (yes I've stood on that stone like almost every tourist :))

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
@ Beijingwalker

Firstly I like the pictures, nice work. But I also like to add some realities about Tibet for people who do not know Tibet.

As someone who has been in Tibet, many parts of it from Lhasa to almost to the Xinjian border I have seen how much infrastructure China is bringing to Tibet. Mount Chomulungma (himalaya) and basecamp 1 is very nice.

In one way I can say Tibet is in that regard lucky cos only China can modernize Tibet the way it is modernized but it does not take away that China has occupied Tibet. And yes I have been in Lhasa city hall that has been turned into a museum where the Chinese made a nice English writing declaring that China has "liberated" Tibet (JUST LOL!)

Tibet is now part of China where the population of the local Tibetans are around 2mln and occupied by about 8mln Han Chinese. They have become minority in their own country in such way that a free Tibet is not possible anymore. Everywhere in Tibet there is a lot of military and you have to pass military checkpoints on about every 40-50km. Foreigners have to register at the police station of the city in which hotel they reside and declare why they are there. Only certain hotels are available for foreigners and everything is under strict watch of the Chinese police / military (in other words Tibet is not a free country, nor free province like the Chinese like to call)

PS. I've been also in Beijing, very nice city in every aspect. Forbidden city and the great wall are great architectures.

Tell me why do the Chinese believe that Beijing is the center of the world (yes I've stood on that stone like almost every tourist :))
May I know what year did you visit Tibet? because Tibet only massive developed in recent couple of years.

Chinese don't think Beijing is the center of the world, actually many Chinese people accuse Beijing as a "blood sucker‘ cause Beijing is the one city in North China makes to top 10 cities in China, all other 9 cities are all in South China.

As for Tibet being occupied, not even one government denies China's soveignty over Tibet in this world, almost every country has minority regions but it doesn't make those region automatically an independent country.

Foreigners do experience more restrictions in border regions in China, it's not surprising when knowing what the hostile foreign governments did in the past over Tibet. National security comes before tourism in border regions.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
the population of the local Tibetans are around 2mln and occupied by about 8mln Han Chinese.
Population
(2019)
• Total3,505,600
Demographics
• Ethnic composition90% Tibetan
8% Han
0.3% Monpa
0.3% Hui
0.2% others

I don't think many Han people can survive that high altitude, short term visit is one thing, settling down there is a complete different story.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Did you get a chance to talk to the local Tibetans? Are they feeling sad and do they feel that they are oppressed by China like the west reports?

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
LOL, those demographics are complete BS. You know that too! Number of native Tibetans are less than 25%, everywhere in Tibet (except those tiny mountain villages) the Han Chinese were clear majority.

I was in Tibet in 2016. That countries recon sovereignty of China over Tibet does not mean it is not occupied. When did Chinese invade, 1950 or 1951 if I am not wrong.

I don't say that China has to let go of Tibet, with the demographic balance now that is near to impossible. But truth is truth, China has occupied it.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Did you get a chance to talk to the local Tibetans? Are they feeling sad and do they feel that they are oppressed by China like the west reports?

Only with a Chinese translator who translated in English and back.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
I was in Tibet in 2016.
In Tibet this was almost like a century ago, today's Tibet is totally different from what it was in 2016. All the poverty alleviation and city modernization projects finished in just recent couple of years. Many people moved from caves to modern residential complex almost overnight.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Where did you get this number?

I spoke with many people in Tibet, Chinese themself gave the numbers and it was very visible too. The biggest city of Tibet Lhasa has majority Han Chinese, same with many other Cities I have been. Only in very small villages they have only Tibetans. I was more than a month in Tibet and a week in Beijing

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
In Tibet this was almost like a century ago, today's Tibet is totally different from what it was in 2016. All the poverty alleviation and city modernization projects finished in just recent couple of years. Many people moved from caves to modern residential complex almost overnight.

Yes I do believe that, I saw the complete cities build. Constructions everywhere.

Don't get me wrong China impressed me much, I have admiration to the Chinese construction fewer and how much China works to improve on all fronts. But please be honest Tibet has been occupied, this is the reality.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Yes I do believe that, I saw the complete cities build. Constructions everywhere.

Don't get me wrong China impressed me much, I have admiration to the Chinese construction fewer and how much China works to improve on all fronts. But please be honest Tibet has been occupied, this is the reality.
As I mentioned, Tibet was part of China long before PRC, every country has minority groups but it doesn't automatically make the lands they live an independent country. I guess in your country this is also true. Not a single country ever recognized that Tibet as an independent country. Dalai Lamas did rule Tibet , but they did it as top local administer granted and authorized by the Chinese central government.
This is the honest explanation, google and check the history of Tibet and find it out.
Dalai Lamas' serfdom society rule was cruel and savage, I m pretty sure most local Tibetans now hate it, average people just want a better life regardless of ethnicities.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
As I mentioned, Tibet was part of China long before PRC, every country has minority groups but it doesn't automatically make the lands they live an independent country. I guess in your country this is also true. Not a single country ever recognized that Tibet as an independent country. Dalai Lamas did rule Tibet , but they did it as top local administer granted and authorized by the Chinese central government.
This is the honest explanation, google and check the history of Tibet and find it out.
Dalai Lamas' serfdom society rule was cruel and savage, I m pretty sure most local Tibetans now hate it, average people just want a better life regardless of ethnicities.

You may believe the Chinese fairytale, the rest of the world knows that China occupied Tibet in 1951. A country that is occupied is per definition not a minority but blatantly subjugated.

There is nothing honest about the Chinese version of the event, it's the purest propaganda. The same propaganda that Japan would tell if they had managed to keep the occupied territories of China.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hearsay can never be a source of authenticiy, I guess the visual confirmation you mean is from clothing, in Tibet now only older people wear Tibetan clothing, most Tibetans just wear casual clothing like every other Chinese. Also Tibet is one of the tourist hotspot in China, so many tourists visit Tibet every day, the number can easily overwhelm the local population , but they are not counted as part of the local population.

Here is a video that a Tibetan girl explains why most Tibetans don't wear Tibetan traditional clothing now.

Stop talking BS, I don't value hearsay! I have seen it with my own eyes and it is not the clothing on which you can differ a Han Chinese from a Tibetan, there is day and night difference (clear as a black guy next to a white guy)

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
You may believe the Chinese fairytale, the rest of the world knows that China occupied Tibet in 1951. A country that is occupied is per definition not a minority but blatantly subjugated.

There is nothing honest about the Chinese version of the event, it's the purest propaganda. The same propaganda that Japan would tell if they had managed to keep the occupied territories of China.
Tell me one country ever recognized that Tibet as an independent country. Before PRC, Tibet was part of ROC, before ROC , Tibet was part of Qing dynasty...., your country also have minority regions, do you agree if someone call those regions an independent country?

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Stop talking BS, I don't value hearsay! I have seen it with my own eyes and it is not the clothing on which you can differ a Han Chinese from a Tibetan, there is day and night difference (clear as a black guy next to a white guy)
Some can tell, some can't. this girl is the most famous Tibetan singer in China, Can you tell her from Han, Koreans and Japanese?
783025686_m.jpg

250px-M_14_634785828790156250_11778706.jpg

And also as I mentioned, Tibet is a tourist hotspot in China, in some places tourists can easily overwhelm the local population, but they are not counted as the local population.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tell me one country ever recognized that Tibet as an independent country. Before PRC, Tibet was part of ROC, before ROC , Tibet was part of Qing dynasty...., your country also have minority regions, do you agree if someone call those regions an independent country?

Tibet was from 1912 to 1951 defacto independent, and yes during Qing dynasty it was part of the kingdom.

So according to you if we occupy Iraq and Syria (that were part of the Ottoman empire) it would not be called occupation? You have a strange way of circumventing realities.

Tibet is occupied and you know it very well. But at the same time the Tibetan population have become minority in their own Tibet and has become integral part of China.

You can still see the occupation army in every corner of Tibet (and this has nothing to do with being border region), who is gonna threat China? Nepal? Just LOL!

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom