Afghanistan seeks to deepen relations with Turkey

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
drop it until talibans take over country completely.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
drop it until talibans take over country completely.
A Taliban controlled Afghanistan will be a poor and insignificant Afghanistan. A compromise needs to be found. Only in such a scenario, Afghanistan would be able to be an ally of Turkey and buy Turkish equipment.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
A Taliban controlled Afghanistan will be a poor and insignificant Afghanistan. A compromise needs to be found. Only in such a scenario, Afghanistan would be able to be an ally of Turkey and buy Turkish equipment.

do not know specifics but by the news which are floating around current goverment already has troubles to contain talibans take over, i assume it will have more and more once usa pull of completelly, 20 years went down the drain...

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am not well versed in Afghan politics, or the influence of the countries it's bordering. I do not imagine that Iran is interested in a strong/stable Afghanistan. Am I wrong.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
do not know specifics but by the news which are floating around current goverment already has troubles to contain talibans take over, i assume it will have more and more once usa pull of completelly, 20 years went down the drain...

Fighting intensity is increasing while nobody is making any significant gains - the conflict is in a deadlock and the US isn't much involved, so things are probably not going to change. Best solution is both sides compromising - Turkey is playing an active role in this regard.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,113
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I am not well versed in Afghan politics, or the influence of the countries it's bordering. I do not imagine that Iran is interested in a strong/stable Afghanistan. Am I wrong.

Of course not. Many conflicting interests between Iran, India and Pakistan. Hopefully a solution is found to entrench the country in the Turkey-Pakistan camp. During the Karabakh war, Afghanistan was one of the most vocal supporters of Azerbaijan. Azeri aircrafts even came to Afghanistan a couple of times, probably to get different kind of ammunitions.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Fighting intensity is increasing while nobody is making any significant gains - the conflict is in a deadlock and the US isn't much involved, so things are probably not going to change. Best solution is both sides compromising - Turkey is playing an active role in this regard.
It would be great if something like that would happen but not sure if the talibans are people of diplomacy and power sharing, maybe you know better and have more reason for to believe that such scenario happens. And also by the news i read current goverment does not radiate with confideliaty and competence, maybe i am wrong,. Give us possible outcome beside continouing civil war?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom