Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is probably a foreigns voice on background says”whats up….what the fuck off know…. I dont know….create future target system.I thing some radar operators screen loaded with a lot of ghost planes
Voices from Top Gun movie

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should buy retired British Hercules while this modernization continues.
If we can not buy around 10 expensive a-400m, we should get British c-130s.
We are in urgent need of cargo aircarfts since Turkish air force activity increased due Qatar, Libya ,somalia etc.
We also should renew our cn-235s.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,282
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Soo, are there any changes happening to airframes?

Because if it goes like that we won't even get to finish 2026 target...
The process was progressing very slowly due to the recent embargo of Canada. If the embargo still continues, I would say don't get your hopes up for this project for the next 3-4 years. Apart from this, no new structural modifications will be made for the time being.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hava-SOJ is on track. TAI is waiting for Aselsan to deliver the electronic/jammer systems and those won't be delivered before KORAL-II. Koral-II and Hava-SOJ use the same components. Hava-SOJ is Koral-II tailored for air platforms. There are differences but it is like desktop CPU vs notebook CPU. We will see Koral-II in 2023 if SSB releases photos. I expect Aselsan to deliver the required systems to TAI for the first plane in 2023 or early 2024. The first SOJ plane will be delivered in the second half of 2025. The rest in 2026.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
My biggest question has always been.

Does the Turkish airforce need gunships and strategic bombers?

Im wondering the arguments for and against having such weapon systems.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
Hava-SOJ is on track. TAI is waiting for Aselsan to deliver the electronic/jammer systems and those won't be delivered before KORAL-II. Koral-II and Hava-SOJ use the same components. Hava-SOJ is Koral-II tailored for air platforms. There are differences but it is like desktop CPU vs notebook CPU. We will see Koral-II in 2023 if SSB releases photos. I expect Aselsan to deliver the required systems to TAI for the first plane in 2023 or early 2024. The first SOJ plane will be delivered in the second half of 2025. The rest in 2026.

Do turkey have any plans to produce EW based drone like a Koral-II but on UAV ?

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,568
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Does the Turkish airforce need gunships and strategic bombers?
The term "gunship" does include attack helicopters. in that field, we're golden.
as for strategic bombers, we need those if we were to be a nuclear power in order to establish a credible nuclear deterrence triad. which makes me believe their development is in progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
the term "gunship" does include attack helicopters. in that field, we're golden.
as for strategic bombers, we need those if we were to be a nuclear power in order to establish a credible nuclear deterrence triad. which makes me believe their development is in progress.

I mean the ac130 in a way.

I remember a Turkish like ac130 was getting ready I wonder what happened to that.

Im really in awe of the ac130 and the strategic bombers like the b1b, b52, blackjack and the backfire

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,568
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mean the ac130 in a way.

I remember a Turkish like ac130 was getting ready I wonder what happened to that.

Im really in awe of the ac130 and the strategic bombers like the b1b, b52, blackjack and the backfire
If TurAF wanted to have that kinda capability theyd make their own with an airframe they could confidently call their own. and since we dont have our own cargo/passenger plane project atm, the chances are kinda slim. besides, drones are proving themselves as a WAY more effective method to do COIN ops than a flying howitzer.

also, if TurAF wanted a similar platform to the AC130, id like them to make it fully unmanned. apparently, being an AC130 crew sucks.
(this is not a meme, its an interview with an AC130 gunner who served in Afghanistan, conducted in VRchat)

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,327
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do turkey have any plans to produce EW based drone like a Koral-II but on UAV ?

We have all, TB2 fly with it and do good work. Maybe they will put it on Anka...

1669745373322.png

Top Bottom