TR Turkish Air Forces|News & Discussion

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am very angry with TuAF,they did not recieved any single hürkuş aircraft as an HYEU duty,so we lost many opportunity to export it,Tusaş needs money for many projects.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am very angry with TuAF,they did not recieved any single hürkuş aircraft as an HYEU duty,so we lost many opportunity to export it,Tusaş needs money for many projects.
You should be angry about TUSAŞ, not TuAF. They had a list of requirements from TuAF and tried to deliver something else. If TuAF stops being picky, companies will lower their quality, as many are monopolies. It is a basic rule of trade.

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You should be angry about TUSAŞ, not TuAF. They had a list of requirements from TuAF and tried to deliver something else. If TuAF stops being picky, companies will lower their quality, as many are monopolies. It is a basic rule of trade.
How did you decided the quality of Hürkuş.TuAF says its not suitable for basic pilot learning,altoough they were in touch with the project engineers,so they decided to use for basic land bombing procuders called HYEU,but nothing happened so far.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
How did you decided the quality of Hürkuş.TuAF says its not suitable for basic pilot learning,altoough they were in touch with the project engineers,so they decided to use for basic land bombing procuders called HYEU,but nothing happened so far.
I did not write a single word about TUSAŞ's current quality.

Simply we have no information about Hürkuş's rejection since the whole process is anything but transparent. All we can do is combine the information available and opinions from defense industry experts.

Hürkuş is not bad aircraft whatsoever, it is far superior to almost anything with the same role. It has almost a performance comparable to jet-powered aircraft. That is where the problem starts. TuAF wanted basic trainer aircraft and eventually got a near fighter. It is an aircraft that can be operated by an experienced pilot but not an inexperienced one that gets into the cockpit to learn how to fly properly. Simply it is too much for them. So, TuAF asked for a trainer, and TUSAŞ made a fighter; later, an accident happened, and shit hit the fan. It is like you order an SUV, and the salesman tries to deliver you a truck.

Another thing that, TuAF wanted was to have a trainer and, at the same time, some cheap aircraft that could bomb some terrorists. But it can not be as cheap as TB-2, Anka, Aksungur, or Akıncı. Remember, those UCAVs were not a thing when Hürkuş was in the design stage. So, there is an aircraft that is not as cheap as drones for an air-to-ground attack, not as high performance as jet-powered aircraft, and cannot train inexperienced pilots. Simply, there was no room for that in TuAF.

Those are what I understand from what I gather as information, it might be completely wrong. @MADDOG might help us to understand the reason behind it, he generally knows the best about TUSAŞ related issues.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Our military is notorious for constantly changing requirements. Just saying...

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürkuş is superior to any uavs on air to ground operations if the speed needed to get target within safe haven on asimetrik warfare,beause it is cheap to operate from any fighters jet.Thats what the base concept of Hürkuş-C,similar embrarer tucano.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürkuş is superior to any uavs on air to ground operations if the speed needed to get target within safe haven on asimetrik warfare,beause it is cheap to operate from any fighters jet.Thats what the base concept of Hürkuş-C,similar embrarer tucano.
It is a niche application. If you need something that requires more than Akıncı, you would use an F-16 because that situation is not so common that it requires you to buy new aircraft. Also, there is Kızılelma on the way who is going to fill that position before Hürkuş-C.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,774
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How about unmanned Hurkuş-C with double the fuel capacity and endurance?

Let me write a highly hypothetical specs for this 'zihni sinir' idea:

Powerplant: 1 × 1,200 kW (1,600 shp)
Propellers: 5-bladed
MTOW: 10,000 Ibs (4,535 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 2200 Ibs (1,000 kg)
Maximum Cruising Speed: 290 kts (540 km/h)
Climbing rate: 3,300 fpm (16.8 m/s)
Service Ceiling: 35,500 ft (10,820 m)
Maximum Range: 1000 NM (1,850 km)
Endurance: +7 hours at 15000 ft
Positive/ Negative g limit: +6/-2.5g
Armament: 12.7mm and/or 20mm gun pods, SUNGUR/ AKDOĞAN/BOZDOĞAN short range air-to air missiles.
Avionics: TCL, multirole radar, targeting/designator
Capabilities: Operational in all weather conditions day and night, autonomous take-off and landing, autonomous escape maneuver and countermeasure.

Interceptor UCAV against enemy helicopters, tactical and strategic UCAVs in risky airspaces / rapid close air support

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
How about unmanned Hurkuş-C with double the fuel capacity and endurance?

Let me write a highly hypothetical specs for this 'zihni sinir' idea:

Powerplant: 1 × 1,200 kW (1,600 shp)
Propellers: 5-bladed
MTOW: 10,000 Ibs (4,535 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 2200 Ibs (1,000 kg)
Maximum Cruising Speed: 290 kts (540 km/h)
Climbing rate: 3,300 fpm (16.8 m/s)
Service Ceiling: 35,500 ft (10,820 m)
Maximum Range: 1000 NM (1,850 km)
Endurance: +7 hours at 15000 ft
Positive/ Negative g limit: +6/-2.5g
Armament: 12.7mm and/or 20mm gun pods, SUNGUR/ AKDOĞAN/BOZDOĞAN short range air-to air missiles.
Avionics: TCL, multirole radar, targeting/designator
Capabilities: Operational in all weather conditions day and night, autonomous take-off and landing, autonomous escape maneuver and countermeasure.

Interceptor UCAV against enemy helicopters, tactical and strategic UCAVs in risky airspaces / rapid close air support
No need for this many UAVs for similar roles. Even now, it is too much.

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 380
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is it true that f35 user countries need to get password everyday from the USA?
If we had acquired f35s before the sanctions, we still couldn't have used them then?

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
read that too about the South Korean pilot...asked a friend who actually worked at the F-35 program in the data/software part of it
his answer was: " I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about that"

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
but what i love about him, when a friend asked him on the Discord about the TFX pics, what it is, his anwer: ""fuck you, we'll build our own then" response to getting kicked out of F-35"

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
This looks like pilot error to me but i am no expert
Lok carrfully the moment before the wheels touch to the ground, there is smoke comes out of the engine, means engine failure. Thats why it lands fast. It has automatic landing i belive so no pilot failure

Top Bottom