UcanTost

Reactions
1 108
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
i think it just didn't show up on FR24 until it was at/around the border
Isn't one of the airplanes on the pictures flying at a VERY low altitude? I swear I saw something like 867ft somewhere.
i think it just didn't show up on FR24 until it was at/around the border
I saw very low altitude but that was from when it was landing in Kyiv. Mixed up the pictures. Thanks

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I wonder if Erdo have made any concession to Putin regarding Syria or Ukraine in return of safe flight of these birds or not. If no concession then very good news finally.. Birds are also looking healthy.

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This event also shows how this platforms very vital to us. For humanitarian missions we have to find other platform. May be as a solution we can use THY cargo planes of course they are valuable but not more than this birds. Or other alternatives like An125 can be hired or purchased.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
This event also shows how this platforms very vital to us. For humanitarian missions we have to find other platform. May be as a solution we can use THY cargo planes of course they are valuable but not more than this birds. Or other alternatives like An125 can be hired or purchased.

I dont if the delivery was humanitarian, afaik it was TB2s and tbh who could have expected that a war will start the next day.
But yeah hope we dont put our assets at risk like that again. Next time delivery terms shall be free ex works.

Baklava Consumer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The F-16V acquisition will be realized through FMS, a U.S. government program to transfer weapons and military system in a government-to-government fashion. In order to facilitate the FMS process, the recipient country submits an official letter of request (LoR) to the U.S. government. Upon its receipt, a military, financial and political assessment process starts, which is assisted by several meetings by military, government, and industry representatives from both sides. Depending on the size and complexity of the request, this process may take several months, if not years. After conclusion of the assessment, the U.S. government prepares a letter of offer and acceptance (LOA) and the U.S. State Department approves the sale and notifies Congress of the program for final approval.

Depending on the size of the program and whether or not the recipient country is a NATO member or a major non-NATO ally, the Congress has a certain number of days to approve the sale. In Turkey's case, this period is 15 days. If the Congress does not raise any objection within that time period, the sale is considered automatically approved.

Ankara submitted the official LoR to the U.S. government this May. Under normal circumstances, the assessment and preparation of the LOA should take at least 6 months, and considering past sales of equivalent size, it could take as much as 18. This means that, again, under normal circumstances, the congressional notification should be ready by the end of this year or maybe in the first quarter of 2023. This further complicates the issue, since Turkey will be in an election period during that time of the year. The U.S. government may be reluctant to speed up the process in order to not be seen as intervening in Turkish politics. On the other hand, Turkish officials rightfully stated their desire to see concrete action from the U.S. side for approval of the sale. Additionally, there is the issue of a possible Turkish operation in Syria.

--
Biden may need to use his veto power if it doesn't pass the foreign relations committee (FRC is chaired by Bob Menendez). Menendez has a hate boner against us, after receiving millions in lobbying from Greece,

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
The F-16V acquisition will be realized through FMS, a U.S. government program to transfer weapons and military system in a government-to-government fashion. In order to facilitate the FMS process, the recipient country submits an official letter of request (LoR) to the U.S. government. Upon its receipt, a military, financial and political assessment process starts, which is assisted by several meetings by military, government, and industry representatives from both sides. Depending on the size and complexity of the request, this process may take several months, if not years. After conclusion of the assessment, the U.S. government prepares a letter of offer and acceptance (LOA) and the U.S. State Department approves the sale and notifies Congress of the program for final approval.

Depending on the size of the program and whether or not the recipient country is a NATO member or a major non-NATO ally, the Congress has a certain number of days to approve the sale. In Turkiye's case, this period is 15 days. If the Congress does not raise any objection within that time period, the sale is considered automatically approved.

Ankara submitted the official LoR to the U.S. government this May. Under normal circumstances, the assessment and preparation of the LOA should take at least 6 months, and considering past sales of equivalent size, it could take as much as 18. This means that, again, under normal circumstances, the congressional notification should be ready by the end of this year or maybe in the first quarter of 2023. This further complicates the issue, since Turkiye will be in an election period during that time of the year. The U.S. government may be reluctant to speed up the process in order to not be seen as intervening in Turkish politics. On the other hand, Turkish officials rightfully stated their desire to see concrete action from the U.S. side for approval of the sale. Additionally, there is the issue of a possible Turkish operation in Syria.

--
Biden may need to use his veto power if it doesn't pass the foreign relations committee (FRC is chaired by Bob Menendez). Menendez has a hate boner against us, after receiving millions in lobbying from Greece,

I still have hope that f16 will not be taken from America. We got rid of the F35, millet to the head of the f16s. I certainly do not consider such a purchase necessary after the kızılelma has flown.

Within a month, Aselsan Akıncı will deliver aesa radar for the tiha. Next will be the Kızılelma. According to this calendar, I think we can give up the f16 purchase.

Our Mr. President Erdoğan stated that the Kızılelma aircraft could enter serial production as early as 2024-2025. Even if this f16 purchase is signed within 6 months, it will already take 2025 to be produced and received. In this case, it does not seem reasonable to take f16.

I wrote this message, 1 hour later, news appeared on Cnntürk channel. Senator Menendez said that I will not allow the sale of the F16 to Turkey, I will not approve. I thank him very much.

Last edited:

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Aesa radar + Bozdoğan missile + Gökdoğan missile + IIR sensor+ low visibility, I think the Kızılelma does a very good air to air task. Its speed is not less, 0.9 mach.

Our President said 2024-2025 mass production for Red Apple. So by that time the Red Apple will be ready to serve. The plane, which was said to not fly in 10 years, flew before 2023. Baykar does it!

Last edited:

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aesa radar + Bozdoğan missile + Gökdoğan missile + IIR sensor, I think the Kızılelma does a very good air and air task. Its speed is not less, 0.9 mach.

Our President said 2024-2025 mass production for Red Apple. So by that time the Red Apple will be ready to serve. The plane, which was said to not fly in 10 years, flew before 2023. Baykar does it!
The problem is not KIZILELMA's hardware. In order to fully replace F16s, KIZILELMA has to perform its mission in contested airspace, under heavy ew attack and with no connection to the ground station. To be able to finish its mission successfully, the drone has to have a very advanced autonomous software running it(never seen before by anyone).

So, the bottleneck is software, not hardware.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Why are we trying to replace F-16s tho?

Just replace most of its job, literally using it just as a BVR platform would be relieving for our F-16s.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,747
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kızılelma won't be ready for air-to-air duties before 2025. I expect Kızılelma B to be ready with its radar and weapons fully integrated in 2025.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
The problem is not KIZILELMA's hardware. In order to fully replace F16s, KIZILELMA has to perform its mission in contested airspace, under heavy ew attack and with no connection to the ground station. To be able to finish its mission successfully, the drone has to have a very advanced autonomous software running it(never seen before by anyone).

So, the bottleneck is software, not hardware.
You are quite right. So, would Baykar have made this plane and presented it to the public without developing such an advanced level of autonomy for the Red Apple? In the previous technofest, a group of young people made engagement maneuvers with a mini plane autonomously with another mini plane and received the biggest prize. If amateurs can do this job, I think Baykar can do it too.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is this guy's any ideas?

Attachments

• 20230103_121118.jpg
    20230103_121118.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 240

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is this guy's any ideas?
Three TuAF F16s with conformal fuel tanks rolling out on the runway for a V formation flight.
If it is the text you are asking about that reads “Not virtual reality but real”, I don’t understand what they’re referring to either.

Last edited:

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Three TuAF F16s with conformal fuel tanks rolling out on the runway for a V formation flight.
If it is the text you are asking about that reads “Not virtual reality but real”, I don’t understand what they’re referring to either.
Yeah I can see that thanks but I mean do we have that normally? Are those planes from Özgür project?

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah I can see that thanks but I mean do we have that normally? Are those planes from Özgür project?
No. Since the conformal tanks attached, they should be Block 50, the latest block in TuAF inventory.
I’m not sure whether Özgür will include conformal tank upgrades, though.

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No. Since the conformal tanks attached, they should be Block 50, the latest block in TuAF inventory.
I’m not sure whether Özgür will include conformal tank upgrades, though.
No conformal tank for özgür,essentially these tanks have negative effects on dog fights,Blok 30 are the most agile F16 for AA combat,with the addition of aesa nose radar it would become rafale hunters.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom